Maple Syrup

Hey, britfag here wanting to cook some pancakes, american style, but I don't have the most important ingredient, syrup.

What the fuck are some good brands of maple syrup? Pic related is what my local shop has - at least it's the choice for your online purchases.

Other urls found in this thread:

mapleconfections.com/html/maple_syrup.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if you want to do them true american style, get some corn syrup-based "pancake syrup"

Reall maple syrup like the 2 on the right should be good. I order this and it's the best I've ever tasted, albeit pricey.

mapleconfections.com/html/maple_syrup.html

You've gotta find syrup in a leaf shaped glass bottle. They say the syrup tastes better when you store it in the shape of it's fathers appendages.

Does it have to be Tesco?

Aldi has some pretty good maple syrup britbro

no it can be anything i can buy in england i guess

Got this from Sainsbury's for pancake day. Was God tier with bacon and pancakes, I get why burgers are fat now

>wake up for Midnight Secret Eating
>take small swig of maple syrup followed by a swig of 2% milk in the same mouthful
>swish around to create mouthmade maplemilk
>pour a few shots of syrup into a cup and pour myself a glass of milk and scamper off back to my room
anyone else enjoy this goat combo?

Vermonter here. No one uses maple syrup with a brand. Just use whatever your neighbor or your grandpa makes. They'll come bring you some in the spring. Tell them you'll help them with the sap buckets next year. If conditions are right you can do it on skis. :^)

In your case, just get some. Look at the ingredients and where it comes from, it's really not a big deal. We like grade B dark around here. Grade A fancy is a meme to part tourists from their money.

Bonus confession: Mrs. Buttersworth, aunt jemima, etc. aren't that bad. People get mad about stupid stuff.

>vermonter outs himself as reddit
whew

Fellow britfag here, clarks is fine, the others are too expensive for how much better they are, they are better but £5 is stupid money for syrup

Damn this is the most autistic post iv seen in a while, many upboat for you

Mrs Butterworth is the best of all

Enjoy your gmo hfcs.

>scared of gmos

fuck if anyone even knows, just get something that says 100% Canadian/Vermont maple on it

also but desu the best pancakes I've ever had were stacked with alternating layers of nutella and dulche de leche. You could try that and maybe a knob of butter and a bit of syrup on top too if you're looking to put away a week's calories in one sitting

but OP asked about maple syrup, not high fructose corn syrup

Well he did say american style.

>We like grade B dark around here.
This. More flavor.

Pure maple syrup is practically inedible.

Fuck off soy Boi. The shit is the bomb

Go Costco and get a giant jug

Anything that's real should be just dandy with some butter.

It's just pure sugar and maple though, overpowering flavor.

Grade A extra light for me every single day. So much more refined, fantastic accompaniment without the overpowering almost sickening flavor you get from dark amber.

>but £5 is stupid money for syrup
I'm in the US and I regularly pay $10-15 for some organic Canadian maple syrup. Similar size containers.

Syrup aint cheap if it's decent Extra light Amber/ Fancy.

This man speaks the truth. Aldi localizes their shit, though. They didn't have maple syrup in Germany, though this was in 2011.

you sound like a real faggot please kys

>he has an unrefined palate and covers up his food with overpowering sweet flavors

You sound like a child, I bet you put ketchup or A1 on your steak because you can't eat anything without added sugar.

>dude harvest it from a maple tree Lmao

Shut up nobody cares that you're Canadian

Irish user here who makes waffles every Thursday morning.

If you can afford it,go all out. You'd really notice the difference between 4€ syrup vs 8€. Mind you, there's nothing wrong with 4€ syrup. It still tastes great but the expensive one is worth it.

If you're buying cheap, Aldi or Tesco. If you're treating yourself, TK Maxx imports good syrup from Quebec. Marks and Spencer syrup is in between the 4€ and 8€ syrup.

I just realised now how autistic I am that I know this much about Maple syrup.

>I just realised now how autistic I am that I know this much about Maple syrup.
well Veeky Forums is the place for it

>We like grade B dark around here. Grade A fancy is a meme to part tourists from their money.
What actually is the difference between the grades? Makes it sound like they're about "betterness", but the ones I have tasted so far were just different.

>Bonus confession: Mrs. Buttersworth, aunt jemima, etc. aren't that bad. People get mad about stupid stuff.
Oh… I guess you probably can't answer shit. Seriously?

How much maple flavor you get.

Darker has more flavor
Lighter has less maple flavor, and a subtler more refined taste.

Both have their uses, but for pancakes I generally prefer extra light amber.

I'll usually cook with dark amber though.