Is stealing food to survive morally wrong Veeky Forums?

Is stealing food to survive morally wrong Veeky Forums?

I ask because I'm about to shoplift the shit out of my local grocery store because I haven't eaten in 3-4 days.

So... is it wrong, or right?

Other urls found in this thread:

marxists.org/subject/anarchism/jacob-marius/why-burglar.htm
forums.catholic.com/t/summa-theologica-and-right-to-life-stealing/85997/7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Go for it. Don't get caught.

Steal Hunger from a book store instead.

Depends on your definition of "morally wrong"

Oh yeah. Make sure you know where the cameras are.

I've read Hunger years ago already. I've been beyond the level of Hunger Hamsun speaks of in the book.

I don't care if I' caught at a later date. As long as I eat tonight

You've eaten a pencil? Jesus, man, it's only been three days.

It's not the first time I've gone hungry

THE BIBLE SAYS ITS NOT WRONG SO

why don't you get a job little faggot?
does morality matter if you're going to starve?

>why don't you get a job little faggot?
There is no job I could get instantly right this second that pays now, is there?

I am going to have to steal regardless if I want to not die... so, wrong or right?

Is a life worth more than stolen food (which likely would have gone to waste anyway)?

Just check the dumpster near fast food joints and grocery stores, they throw away perfectly clean food still in its packaging.

Just make sure it's some corporation, not a local private small shop owner who will be hurt much by your theft.

spooky

Go to a mall and wait for people to finish their plates. It's an insanely easy way to get free food, specially if it's an upper middle class mall. Just don't look like a bum and nobody will notice

Go to a soup kitchen or something, or go on welfare so you can get EBT. You don't have to commit a crime to survive. Hell you could even sell your phone or whatever you're posting on and buy food with that.

read this, git gud

Go to a deli or local takeaway place and ask for some food. Tell you are broke and haven't eaten in a while. More often than not they will give you something.

Universally speaking, no. In nature, animals don't steal food. It's more of a societal norm, but even then, most businesses thrive off bamboozling. The cheat have inherited the earth, not the meek.

The main problem with stealing, as I see it, is mainly a question of integrity and honor, but that's another can of worms. In this situation, it's completely justified.

Grocery stores tends to throw food out in abundance anyway – have you considered scavanging their containers after they close? Do you not have any homeless shelters near you? Does your country not give you money for recycled bottles?

Alternatively, have you ordered any books from Amazon recently? I have several times falsely complained about not recieving my books and gotten a full refund – usually the customer service is just some Indian dude afraid of getting assfucked by negative feedback. Just be friendly about it. Something along the lines of:

>Hello. I ordered this book some time ago from Amazon but it hasn't arrived. I'm afraid that it's been lost by the postal service. I understand this is not your fault, but I find it frustrating to have paid for something I haven't recieved. Could you help me out?"

Just don't misuse it, or they'll suspect something fishy is up.

In regards to shoplifting, be quick, but don't loose your cool so you stand out. What I used to do as a child was to have a bunch of shit in my jacket, but instead of running out of the store like your average shmuck, I would stand in line buying some cheap snack. You could pretend to have forgotten your wallet or some shit.

Alternatively, you could fill up a bag with groceries and pretend to get an emergency call and be quick out of the store. That way, if you do get caught, you could always apologize by saying you were out of yourself because your brother got hospitalized. Again, just say you forgot your wallet.

But don't take my word for it. I got caught twice. The first time as a child. I claimed some older kids made me do it. The second time as a teenager. The guard confronted me and I got angry, telling him that I was busy, asking him if he called me a thief and liar. He pussied out and said whatever, even though I'm not scary in the least.

Do you have trouble finding a job? Warehouse jobs in my country are severely overlooked. The employer just wants to hear that you are reliable, punctual, flexible, rarely sick and with a good work ethic. What country are you from – I suspect some shithole like Venezuela or Brazil?

Kickstarter fraud, an eccentric YouTube personality that appeals as an eccentric surrogate friend to the 12 year old demographic... You got plenty of swindling options, user.

Why didn't you steal food when you went long enough to actually eat the pencil?

It depends on your set of presuppositions.

One way you could look at it is that human life is intrinsically more valuable than mere profit, and therefore you have a right to the food because you need it to survive.

On the other hand, one could say that there's nothing intrinsically valuable about your existence, especially considering the fact that you're apparently to inept to work out a long-term strategy for procuring basic necessities.

There's an argument to be made on both sides, but I think in our current climate of real politik, avant garde judgement will err on the side of telling you to kill yourself or to let nutritive insufficiency take that course for you.

What if there were an actual, clear answer to that question and that answer were yes, it is wrong? What would that mean? How would it affect you?

marxists.org/subject/anarchism/jacob-marius/why-burglar.htm

Read this OP. Then steal.

>Eating other people's leftovers when you can literally steal easier, and looking like less of a freak

People would probably get more annoyed at eating leftovers like a parasite, than just stealing fresh food out of hunger from a corporation.

Fear of being caught in the act. That fear has now passed though, I am no longer afraid

No one has told me to kill myself yet... only you mentioned it

Yes. Every person who has ever committed a crime only does so because they think their circumstances justify it.

Society falls apart when people try to correct their own injustice by breaking laws.

It's morally wrong unless you're colored. In which case, I understand what you're going through and wouldn't expect you to know any better.

STEAL STEAL STEAL STEAL STEAL STEAL STEAL STEAL
USE YOUR POWER IF YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH IT EMBRACE IT! I FUCKING LOVE YOU! WOULD SUCK YOUR COCK!

You're wrong. Even in the bible, stealing to survive is permitted. It's not "we allowed stealing to survive so we have to allow everything"...

Being told to kill yourself is quite a common occurrence on this site.
I was going to send you $20 so you can eat but you can forget about it now. I only like aggressive and submissive, not this passive-aggressive inbetween shit.

Good advice. If this doesn't work out, try stealing and don't get caught. Good luck, user!

>Is stealing food to survive morally wrong Veeky Forums?
Of course not. We all rob countless organisms of their liberty, lives, and comfort for the sake of our own necessity and, more often than not, luxury.

Every man for himself. The only difference is that as part of a society, you have to be surreptitious about taking what isn't yours, or at least do so in such a circuitous manner that it appears socially acceptable.

Steal what you need and don't get caught.

I will keep you guys posted as to whether I do it or not. If I don't respond with details within 1 hr 30 minutes, then I have been busted.

I'm aggressive and submit to no one, not even my own mother

I don't give a fuck for your money either, you act as if I would have taken it. I don't take hand outs, I don't do pity parties. I take whatever I want

So what if you're the person who is being burglarized?
Guess you just have to take it?
What happens when 20 hungry guys take all your stuff and now you're hungry too? Go steal from someone else? What if they resist and you need some force to get the food? I mean you are gonna die if you don't get it right?
The reality is that once you allow one crime there is no clearly defined stopping point.

>I take whatever I want

Nice larp.
Have fun taking the big black cock in jail you fruitcake.
Also, no one cares.

>So what if you're the person who is being burglarised?
If it was some food and meant the burglar didn't die, then I wouldn't care. The only time I would care, is if it now meant I was left in the same situation as the burglar was in, for example if it was the last of my food, and the burglar stole that because he had no food.

Furthermore, we are only talking of stealing to survive. I.e. not to starve to death. Not stealing for a career, etc.

Prison rape doesn't happen in my country like it does in America. Also, I'd never see the inside of a cell for shoplifting

Underrated post

forums.catholic.com/t/summa-theologica-and-right-to-life-stealing/85997/7

Supermarket bins are a sure way to get something to eat. They legally have to throw shit out once it 'expires' but it's all usually good for like a week afterwards. Failing this, aren't there any food banks/soup kitchens where you live user?

I think I know that fucking movie it's about the dude that steals some silver shit because he was poor then becomes the governor of idk where and then a police detective finds out who he was in the past blabla then when he solves the case the police detective kills himself the retard because his whole life was serving the spooky ideology of "law" and did't have a personal life of his own the fucking nerd. right?

Stealing from stores is morally right. They are stealing from their employees all the time.

>Can't afford food
>Can afford internet