I'd like to know which Veeky Forums considers to be the essential (non-poetic) works of the spanish Siglo de Oro...

I'd like to know which Veeky Forums considers to be the essential (non-poetic) works of the spanish Siglo de Oro. I've only read a few (Don Quixote, La Vida Es Un Sueño, Tragicomedia de Calisto y Melibea) and I'd like to go through a few more. I'm not terribly interested in poetry, though, and I'm also not looking for about a dozen books to read. Just the ones you really can't do without.

Thanks in advance and here's hoping this doesn't turn into a Spain-vs-rest-of-spanish-speaking-world shitfest!

Also, it need not be exclusively fiction: Philosophy is also very much welcome

el bumpo

>Siglo de Oro
never heard of him

11/10 would laugh again tell us another one

Lazarillo de Tormes

>Lazarillo de Tormes
I'm looking for specific works, not just authors. What would you say is his most significant work?

Kek. That is the specific work. The author was anonymous.

Oooooooooo I see. You could have gone into a bit more depth, though.

bumb because come on

this thread man

I know, right? Who writes this shit?

Where are all the spaniards who swarm any spanish-centric thread with their butthurtness about mmmuuh siglo de oro when you need them

Vida del Buscón Don Pablos (Quevedo)
Lope de Vega plays
Calderón's El Alcalde de Zalamea
Cervantes' Novelas Ejemplares
Lazarillo
Tirso de Molina's El Convidado de Piedra (myth of Don Juan origin) and El Condenado por Desconfiado
Baltasar Gracián's El Criticón

But take into account that poetry was the most important part in el Siglo de Oro: Quevedo, Góngora, Garcilaso, Juana Inés de la Cruz... they wrote some of the finest poetry in Spanish language

busy killing catalonians

>poetry was the most important part in el Siglo de Oro
No, I get that, I just don't care for poetry in general unless it's epic poetry. I like stories. Thanks a lot for the contribution

>Lope de Vega plays
there are like a million of them, user

Borges
and don't forget his poetry too

thanks for the bump, you absolute comedian you

I'm sorry, I was just being silly for some reason
If I'd been thinking I could've said Pierre Menard

Drawing from the same well twice. Dangerous.