This is the most pretentious and over-dramatic book I have ever read. How is it taken seriously?

This is the most pretentious and over-dramatic book I have ever read. How is it taken seriously?

Other urls found in this thread:

counter-currents.com/2017/10/remembering-friedrich-nietzsche-7/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Why isn't everyone a complete retard like me

Sounds like a critique /a/ would make

lol

kys pleb

Definitely not Neitchzes best

Its ironic you fucking sperg

>implying you read it
I want larp faggots to leave

> Thus Spake Zarathustra is Nietzsche’s poetic presentation of his philosophy, but it should be saved for later. It is the worst possible introduction to Nietzsche. It has been many people’s first Nietzsche book, and for all too many it has been their last.

counter-currents.com/2017/10/remembering-friedrich-nietzsche-7/

Ellaborate

There is a great argument to made that Zarathustra is a satire. The original German reads as though it were Luther's Bible. So when you read it, imagine as though the English was that of the King James.

Still, Zarathustra, despite having plenty of negatives, is an act of positive philosophy on Nietzsche's side. It should be read in tandem with 'Beyond Good and Evil' which is a work purely negative.

I think of the work as earnest, and I would like to emphasize the book's subtitle: A Book For All And None.

>admitting you didn't grasp it
gutless

>Putting Thus Spoke Zarathustra at the top of your list

>Not realizing the first chapter of Beyond Good and Evil exists

Chapter 1 is Nietzsche reeeeing and saying "Look at me I'm different"

This is what you should read you mouthbreather

Has anyone here really applied the heroe's methods to escape from his (the reader's) depression?
Does asceticism work for finding yourself?

Fuck off. That's the most pleb way to get into Nietzsche. The poetry and irony of Zarathustra is EXACTLY what is good about the pseudo-Pole. Zarathustra was my first piece of Nietzsche and it did not put me off him.

>Neitchzes
this has to be a joke. No one can be this retarded.

>There is a great argument to made that Zarathustra is a satire. The original German reads as though it were Luther's Bible. So when you read it, imagine as though the English was that of the King James.
It's a declaration of war against Christianity. The entire work is an allegorical representation of his philosophy, with everything he wrote after it simply a repetition of what was expressed in Zarathustra, and it draws parallels in formatting to the Christian Bible because as a philosophy it stands diametrically opposed to all things Christian as fervently as is possible. It's essentially the Antichrist's Bible.

>Still, Zarathustra, despite having plenty of negatives, is an act of positive philosophy on Nietzsche's side. It should be read in tandem with 'Beyond Good and Evil' which is a work purely negative.
Come again? What do you mean by positive and negative?

Not OP, but in philosophy a positive argument is one that seeks to establish something, and a negative argument is one that seeks to tear down someone elses positive argument.

Im unsure how relevant that is.

Thanks. That's a little hard to apply to Nietzsche considering he himself doesn't make such a distinction. In fact, being able to say "no" to things is a prerequisite for his amor fati, which is "saying yes to everything" as in every time he tears something down he is also establishing something.

Yes, me. It works not without failure, but it's definitely an improvement.
I should note that I have come to being "nitzschean" before I actually read TSZ therefore my worldview is not an exact derivative of his works, but TSZ is the closest I know to it.
I wouldn't name myself an ascetic, because I don't deprive myself from anything to torture or challange myself. I look like an ascetic because of my somewhat anti-consumerism position and harsh qualification requirements for any media I consume.

That is given I did not misunderstand your question.

> a book for everyone and no one

What did he mean by this?

You misunderstood life and taste

if you are walking the general path before reading neetcha it's nothing new but it is refreshing to see it written down for once

I was really excited to read Nietzsche, and I completely quit taking him seriously after reading the first couple of chapters of Beyond Good and Evil

Remind me why he's taken seriously again?

t. woman

Well if you can understand Zarathustra without reading the rest of his stuff, why would you waste the time? Yolo

>I'm incapable of seeing the value in something profound
Well, sucks to be you I guess.

Entertaining polemic prose

Because there's more to him than just Zarathustra? And you will understand Zarathustra better with more of his work under your belt.

>over-dramatic
That's the best thing about it...

Bait-kun, this is akward