Reminder that cyberpunk grew out of white anxiety that the same kind of suffering that contemporary blacks were going...

Reminder that cyberpunk grew out of white anxiety that the same kind of suffering that contemporary blacks were going through in the 70s and 80s (subjugation and exploitation by institutional powers, rampant violence and drug abuse, etc) would eventually visit whites, and that, in fact, the nature of corporate power and advancing technology made it inevitable.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/147633881
edition.cnn.com/style/article/lagos-shanty-megastructures/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>cyberpunk grew out of white anxiety that the same kind of suffering that contemporary blacks were going through

Nonsense.

Go back to /pol/ with this stupid shit

Most of cyberpunk boils down to "dude corporations lmao" so it's a genre critical of capitalism more than anything

Ironically or not, this fear is being materialized into reality as a small number of corporations openly leverage more and more power. Just look at all the venture capital going around, all from the same few sources. Nowadays startups are born already thinking of being a sellout to a bigger predating company, enhancing oligarchies and stimulating the kind of society-defining capitalism that Cyberpunk relies on to propel its narrative.

Bizarre premise. Black dysfunction is a given everywhere blacks are and the war against whites is being institutionally levied by the jews largely running those institutions. However, there is a connection between the black crack epidemic being of the CIA/mossad's creation and the present white heroin epidemic that is the result of jews like the Sackler family paying officials off so they could pump the population full of oxy then pulling out the rug so the CIA/mossad could fill the streets with cheap heroin they fly in to DC and funnel through Baltimore as a replacement. But the problem stems from jews, not "advancing technology" or "the nature of corporate power" or anything abstract like that. If you dig to the root of any problem, the heroin epidemic being a prime example, you will find jews. They hate whites so they attack us from within; technology, corporate obedience to the anti-white diversity zeitgeist, the deep state, etc., are merely tools they use to do this. And I don't think it has anything to do with cyberpunk, which was just gen x 80s Japophilia.

>Implying black people's very presence in America is not inextricably linked to the same strain of capitalism that cyberpunk's corporatism is rooted in
Never said that that anxiety was misplaced.

>The slave trade is the same as coca cola and other modern corporations
That's a bit of a stretch

Has nothing to do with "corporatism."

Holy shit, shut the fuck up you enormous moron.

Not a counter-argument.

Forgive me for having heard enough Millennial cries of "Wage slave!" to think you're being ingenuous.

Mmmm, I'm not convinced.

Anxiety disorder and neurosis ridden White People(tm) cannot interpret the world except in terms of 'white anxiety', white guilt or whatever. The consciousness of the white liberal is a black hole that devours everything. Seriously, they actually became way more self absorbed after they started denouncing 'eurocentrism'. I just can't wait for NeoChina to take over and round up those pesky Baizuos.

Conscientiousness is a marker of effectiveness and success alike. What's usually termed "white guilt" is really white responsibility, and as with most guilt, those who actually feel fuilt will never admit to culpability.

But this is getting off-topic.

>I just can't wait for NeoChina to take over
I really hate this meme. Anyone who has been to and studied China in depth knows that it is extremely unstable and that everything it currently has was either supplied by the west, stolen from the west, or built upon the west's consumerism. It's only downhill from here.

Have you read Neuromancer? It's about being a l337 haxor for an AI, and dude drugs/cyberspace (wow computers) LMAO.

>Forgive me for having heard enough Millennial cries of "Wage slave!" to think you're being ingenuous.

Yeah, keep defending wage slavery. Makes you real sensible.

cyberpunk is a cynical flip of the rapidly advancing technological progress of humanity theme.

It has nothing to do with whites. Its more about human nature in the face of a chaotic overpopulated earth with massive leaps in computer tech. With influences from the anarchistic anticapitalist 80s punk movement.

The Current Year West basically stole everything it has from the Legacy West, from which it has a near total social/cultural/historic discontinuity. And it has far less self awareness than the Chinese regime.

Given that the dystopian style grew out of the works of Jean Giraud, Enki Bilal and other various artists working for 2000 AD, almost entirely Europeans, I think it's unlikely that they didn't have that obviously American perspective that OP is writing from. American novels earlier than Gibson were about glorified D&D games and hackers fighting AI in virtual environments. Then later seminal cyberpunk novels, Vurt for example, were set in Manchester where there was already a mixed-race lower class, they were suffering the same.

OP is just wearing polarising glasses.

Pardon the double negative, you know what I meant to say.

also I meant 2000 AD & Heavy Metal.

>The Current Year West basically stole everything it has from the Legacy West, from which it has a near total social/cultural/historic discontinuity.
Is Landian logic? We're talking about people here. White people can't steal from themselves and of course there is continuity between innovative generations of the white people.

I'll tell you (you generally speaking now) where there's a disconnect though: between Nick Land fanboys and reality. Mimicking that idiot's depersonalized neoindustrial linguistic gibberish while blaming the capitalist boogeyman machine doesn't make you sound smart.

But that's impossible because the whole world is exactly like America, in which the Plight of the Negro is the most important problem in history.

African cyberpunk could be pretty cool.
vimeo.com/147633881
edition.cnn.com/style/article/lagos-shanty-megastructures/index.html

>white anxiety
Stopped reading