Holy shit can you guys BELIEVE what they make people eat in prison?

Holy shit can you guys BELIEVE what they make people eat in prison?

youtu.be/k2e8Nx9ox3I

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4E8HirPLWDg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's almost like they're being punished for some sort of crime!!

>selling crack rocks to children
>"crime"
don't tread on me

That's honestly too good for them.

This.

Also, that shit looks better than the stuff I used to eat for lunch.

Do one where homeless people try it and see what they think.

Selling hard drugs is degenerate.

I've been in for almost a year. What they showed in the video was a bit better than what we got. So much soy though, most of it isn't real meat. Oh, and the bologna, so much bologna.
After a while, all your shits and farts smell the same.

Looks like grade school lunch desu

ONLY two meals a day?

>low morale in prison
>you lose a lot of freedom
>meals cost as little as 2.50 USD
>complaining the meals are only 800-1100 calories each when daily requirements for active adults is around 2000
Are these people fucking serious?

My dinner tonight works out to under 2 USD/portion. Prisoners don't need steak.

Because most prisons actually have functioning kitchens. Most schools just serve food. Nothing is made in house unless they have a grill like they did in my High School.

Holy shit can you guys BELIEVE what they make people eat in the military???

youtu.be/4E8HirPLWDg

Those MRE are more about meeting energy requirements than taste. Food for fuel.

jap prison food is better

Most of the food in Japanese prison is made in house. The issue with schools and institutions in america
is that they want nothing made in house. They sell contracts to big companies that provide frozen and premade food that only needs to be heated up.

this goes to schools as well.

>black guy
>"This makes me feel at home actually"

Mre's are pretty tasty usually. Some meals are total shit though. Veggie omelet was the worst

MREs are not standard food. They're pretty much intended as emergency rations only for when field cooks aren't available or it's too dangerous to set up a field kitchen.

I always wonder what it would be like if I went to prison with celiac disease. I literally can't eat anything from a kitchen where it's possible cross-contamination happened otherwise I get incredibly sick.

Maybe they'd let me prepare my own food first. Then I'd probably get beat up for being a fag with food sensitivities.

>Then I'd probably get beat up for being a fag with food sensitivities.

I doubt it, if that sorry excuse actually worked then everyone else would copy you in a second

I heard that Japanese prisons were basically 24/7 military bootcamp, maybe that was just for foreigners though idk

If you were smart you would eat the prison food for a couple of days, shit your guts out, then sue the state for a fuckload of money for not accommodating your disabilty. Then when you get out you'll be loaded.

oh boy here we go with the

"my favorite drug is ok but other drugs are bad"

meme

you cant cherry pick and be morally consistent

Every single person in that video is such a fucking faggot I had to turn it off after about 20 seconds.

I went to jail, not prison

The food is basically the same as school food, or fazolis level restaurante

Its not high class, but it will feed you

They would probably make you eat whatever prepackaged food they have

Which in the case of my jail, would mean you would be eating shrimp ramen and cookies and pbj in a bag

Why bother cooking at all? Just make prisoners eat MREs without heaters.

>shrimp ramen and cookies and pbj in a bag
>celiac disease
Are you retarded?

I hope that jail is right next to the local plumbers guild

>bottom right
Inspired by prison food, not what they really get. prison food is terrible. its well known that hungry prisoners get in fights and cause trouble. well fed prisoners are more passive. its a fuckin mystery to me why we don't feed our prisoners better. treating people like animals is only creating more problems for society when they get out. reading the fortune cookie, bumper sticker attitude towards the penal system ITT just makes me sad. you people have crappy genes if your critical thinking is this bad

People in prison shouldn't get food.

mres are fuckn way more expensive than some prison meal

>buzzfeed
looks like someone forgot this isnt facebook

Prisons within the US are - like everything else - treated as a business. It's not an official statement or anything, but I guarantee the majority of the prisons in the US are turning profit by abusing their prisoners.

this, there's a reason we have a 66% rate of recidivism

An MRE is expensive. It’s cheaper to feed prisoners with food that can actually expire if not eaten in time.

Most likely scenario is that they'd just force you to eat the standard food until you can get your doctor to come verify your condition at literally the most inconvenient time for your doctor, which would make the process take as long as possible, and when it finally happens and you get approved for special dietary needs they still won't give a fuck and you'll constantly be taking in gluten anyway.

>its a fuckin mystery to me why we don't feed our prisoners better.

No it's not. US Prisons are for profit.

>this, there's a reason we have a 66% rate of recidivism

>The food in prison is so shitty
>I want to go back
said anybody ever?

>its a fuckin mystery to me why we don't feed our prisoners better

Tell you what, why don't you run for public office on the platform that we should raise taxes to make criminals more comfy

Its more because they contract the food to big companies like Tyson and etc.

>Its more because they contract the food to big companies like Tyson and etc.
I thought it was more like "institutional food" suppliers like Sysco, Sodexo, Aramark, etc...
The same ones that supply schools and hospitals

>us prisons are for profit
Only the private ones, but they're like 20% of the prison system now

>Feed prisoners EXCLUSIVELY on soylent
>Watch prisoners become more effeminate from all the estrogen
>Prisoners end up as passive soyboys once they're released
>Only crime they'll commit from then on is being a faggot

agreed, the two minutes felt like two hours. and i think my estrogen levels have risen after watching this shit.

>Some prisoners are fed only two meals a day

Then someone is committing a felony. Prisoners are required to be served 3 meals within an 18 hour period, 2 of them are required to be hot, served at a specific temperature that I am currently forgetting. The third meal can be cold, and is generally lunch, like a sandwich or some shit.

Long time cop/former corrections officer. Also, they need to quit bitching, I ate prison food all the fucking time when I worked behind the wire, because it is free and prison guards get paid bullshit. It isn't bad.

Also I like how they just forget all the chips and microwaveable shit and cakes and whatnot you can order on commissary. No prisoners eat *only* what comes off of the line.

I mean, that's wrong, but okay. MREs are for field operations. You don't haul around a fucking field kitchen when you are balls deep on an LRP or some shit.

They are legally required to adhere to any special dietary needs. This includes optional diets like vegetarian and vegan menus. If you have celiac's then you get a meal prepared by the dude or group of dudes who do the special diet trays. Special diets include liquid (for force feeding or broken jaws), kosher, vegetarian, vegan, whatever medical shit/ food allergies you have, and a lot of other stuff. Pregnant women also get extra food.

Any good stories?

It is, Aramark has an entire subsidiary dedicated to corrections.

Too many. When you have been in law enforcement for over a decade, you have all the stories. Want any specific ones?

>sheltered, middle class snobs get paid to overreact to eating food

>with no real care for the person who is eating it
Who the fuck cares about gang members, rapists and murderers?
Giving them food is a privilege, not a right.

prisoners in jap can't talk

No it isn't. It's the same shit every day, literally, the exact same shit, which is illegal in the US as a form of cruel and unusual punishment.

Damn, I've eaten plenty of MRE's and have never seen any of those. Matches are the same though.

Anything stand out from your time as a CO? Otherwise just anything you found particularly humorous or horrific really

I googled the brand symbol on the package. It's AmeriQual. Some shitty civilian mre replicas.

A lot of fights, a lot of suicides. I probably worked a dozen deaths in custody in 4 years. This one is always a gem. Didn't happen to me because I wasn't working DSeg.

>DSeg is packed, 2 to a cell, 23 hour lockdown, rec is literally just opening their sliders one at a time from the bubble for an hour a day or so.
>dude apparently hates his cellmate
>kills him
>props him up against the phone sometimes
>tucks him in bed
>sits on the bunk with him
>takes 3 fucking days before they realize what has happend
>dude managed to hide a murder in plain view in a pod that has one hour sight checks for 3 fucking days

Was pretty impressive from what I hear, the photos were neat. The murderer was covered in decomp because of moving around a corpse and making him seem not dead for 3 days. Guy had no remorse at all.

>whole wheat bread
>soy loaf
LOL

I now accept that I am not hard af. I have found the benchmark and I am left wanting.

Jesus that must have reeked. How often if at all do prisoners try to square up with CO's?

Why not just buy a lot of cheap ingredients and make the inmates cook it instead.
Surely you could band together a team of inmates who could make some tasty rice and beans for dindin.

No, 98% of people are little pussies. Don't feel bad. I only got as tough as I am due to the unchecked PTSD I deal with. That's really what being "hard" is, it's just being totally fucked in the head.

Be glad, so very glad that you are a normal person. Bask in your normalcy, enjoy being a pussy. Enjoy life. Once you walk on the other side long enough, you never get to go back, you know?

You stare long enough into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you. You know what I'm saying?

Oh another good one, has to do with "being tough."

>be me
>on duty
>doing sight checks
>notice a couple dudes standing watch in front of a cell, blocking the view into it
>lol fags think I'm not going to bust them for smoking (smoking was only permitted on the yard, and people regularly did shit like this to get away with smoking indoors)
>hear whimpering as I approach the cell
>call for backup, I ain't about to get my ass kicked when I don't need to
>dudes in front of the door try to bar entry, they are detained
>3 prisoners inside the cell, 2 older ones and one fish, young, 19 IIRC
>one is holding down the fish while the other is raping the shit out of him with a broom handle
>when I asked them why they did this, they responded with
>he was being a little bitch, and if he is going to act like a bitch, we'll treat him like one, but I ain't fuckin gay so my dick ain't goin in there

The smell is what tipped them off that there was a rotting carcass in the pod.

Fights are constant, we worked 4 12 hour day rotations, 4 days on, 4 days off, called "sets." In one set we would on average have 9-10 good fights. That being said I worked a med-max, so it wasn't pussy shit they were in for, all real criminals.

This. Moldy bread, water and 18h/day hard labor in silence. Get beaten black and blue for making eye contact or talking. That's how it should be.
Japanese prison is like the above but with plain rice and fish at 1200cal a day and they advertise it too. It's no wonder the have no crime and a 99.9% conviction rate.

They do that. The issue is that you can't use 90% of spices because the menu is supposed to be edible to over 99% of the population. They have industrial sized bags of things like sliced potatoes, beans, vegetables, oatmeal, stuff like that, all cooked by inmates. Problem is, you can only season it with limited amounts of shit like garlic, imitation black pepper, oregano, rosemary, and a couple other things. You might only use a half or quarter cup of spices to season a dish meant for over 1000 people.

Get them industrial size bottles of hot sauce

Yeah but some people can't have hot sauce. I am also pretty sure they still sell hot sauce on commissary.

How often does actual rape occur? I've been told that if you don't want to get raped, just fight back the first time because nobody wants a hard target, so to speak. And also that actual gays are pretty much feared in prison

Define "rape"

PREA states that any sex act involving a prisoner is rape, regardless of consent, because prisoners cannot give consent. Sometimes you have some gay relationships, sometimes sex is used as a power play, the UABs are known for that one, they will sexually exploit the younger dudes. Actual, hardcore rape? Extremely rare. Sex in prison at all is extremely rare in general. From what I understand it was significantly different back in the day, but anymore there is a tight grip on all that shit.

the black guy, kek. this isn't that bad. it doesn't look that bad.

this

just kind looks like frozen dinners or something

i was just looking for some bread, butter n fruit drink. and yall hocked me up with corn meatloaf and mash. sssshhhhiiiittttt.

>My name is user and I'm unironically this retarded

>some prison inmates recieve only two meals a day
get fucked buzzfeed

this was no joke probably the funniest video i've watched in a year
>1.53 million prisoners were served meals in 2015
well i fucking hope so
>this reminds me of like, a school lunch program, where they're trying to feed a bunch of people for as cheaply as possible
crazy

how do they get a 99.99 pct conviction rate on no crimes
i passed math bro

maybe if you're a brainlet you can't categorize things...
good thing this is a question of law and not morals

To all the people saying that inmates shouldn't get food - there are laws in place that prevent prisons from using "cruel and unusual punishment". Not giving access to meals is considered "cruel and unusual".

>there's a reason we have a 66% rate of recidivism

It's because at least that amount of the prison population is made up of spics/nigs (and increasingly Arabs) who can't be rehabilitated.

Filtered

welcome to the filter

I think he was talking about how people treat ex cons shitty, despite prison being the punishment for their actions
If prison was actually a punishment, then why treat ex cons poorly? Why would there be any stigma of being an ex-con?

oh my god!

savage motherfuckers

Japan has a 99% conviction rate because they have a notorious conviction-happy justice system. The Japanese society desires a perfect world and they hate cold cases, so judges oftentimes convict suspects if they simply feel that the evidence is "good enough."

The polar opposite happens in its neighbor South Korea, which is notorious for having a justice system that takes "innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" mantra too seriously. In South Korea many criminals that most people are 99% sure actually did the crime walks free.

Pick your poison.

I had MRE's while camping and thought they were disgusting. Had them a second time when I was actually active and hungry and they're awesome

well it knid of makes sense for anyone potentially about to invest in the former felon as an employer, or otherwise. I'm not saying its a good system. It's just bullshit.

It doesn't make sense
The assumption is that someone who committed a crime will commit a crime again
But if that assumption is there, then why let them out at all? Did they not do the time? If there's a chance that they could commit more crimes, then why wouldn't the justice system reflect that? What is the point of punishing people by sentencing them to jail if the punishment isn't enough to ensure that they won't do it again? What is the point of a justice system based on the notion that people are punished according to the severity of their crime, but doesn't actually do it in a way that prevents crime from recurring?

It is bullshit, but it definitely doesn't make sense

Aside from some relatively high per-capita rape rates; South Korea has a remarkably low crime rate. If you couple that with not likely to get your life ruined do to wrongful imprisonment, their justice system sounds fine to me.

Japan's courts sound off their rocker, but I don't know that much about them. I know Italy and Britain can fuck right off though, they can destroy you without ever even pressing charges.

I suppose that is why a lot of prisoners become institutionalized, or at least reapeat offenders. I have always thought the same thing honestly, being what is the point of trying for a normal life when most opportunities are barred against you. I guess the only thing to do would be construction, or some sort of manual labor. I know in the U.S., or maybe its by state im not sure that felonies will be expunged from your record after 7 years or so, but i'm not even sure if that applies to repeat offenders.

F U C K

Yes I believe that it is 100000000x better to let a criminal walk free than send an innocent man to jail. The crime already happened, so sending a criminal to jail only provides a brief solace.

Meanwhile, sending an innocent man to 30 years in jail is the creation of new suffering and misfortune. South Korea does it right: the justice system should protect the suspect from flimsy convictions and bad judgement as much as it can, even if that means that a good number of actual criminals walk free.

Sending an innocent man to jail means the criminal goes free anyways. And you're exposing an innocent man to the criminal element and denting his life.

You might actually be creating felonies in two different directions, which is why people need to take the words "beyond a reasonable doubt" more seriously.

Japan has many fucked up cases where the court admits to false and bad convictions only after the guy serves his multiple-decade sentence.

Good god what the fuck is your picture

>tfw my family members have all used me to get out of jury duty

burger dog

I am also under the impression that Japan is pretty swift to execute prisoners, and sometimes under false convictions.

of course prisoners who are on death row if thats what Japan calls it