Tfw you realize Goethe was a selfish, inconsiderate, immoral, narcissistic...

>tfw you realize Goethe was a selfish, inconsiderate, immoral, narcissistic, lothario who thought Spinoza's philosophy was brilliant
>tfw you immediately delete all his ebooks.

Have you ever read an authors bio and then just automatically disliked his works because they all reflect and are imbued with his personal idiosyncracies?
Blah, I guess the greatest german writer is actually Luther, despite his heresies.

Other urls found in this thread:

biblestudytools.com/classics/strong-great-poets-and-their-theology/goethe.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wtf I love Goethe now

Get triggered faggot

I wish I was a mod

>posts a picture of Mel Gibson to this rant with zero irony
I want to believe that this is quality bait but considering how many memey /pol/ tourists we get I don't know what to think..

gas the moralists.......

Explain how OP is wrong/baiting.
you can't.

Hi, OP.

Not really. Somehow this bothers me more with movies than with books. I'm way more fussed by the fact that Woody Allen is probably a child molester than I am by the fact that Celine was a Nazi.

>than I am by the fact that Celine was a Nazi.
a minor faux pas.

where is the problem, exactly?

>what is the problem with immorality, selfishness, narcissism, womanizing, pantheistic nihilism?
discounting the moral dimension prevents man from being a full human being, centering himself accordingly in the cosmos and finding his purpose. Goethe mistreated most of the friends and 'lovers' he had, people became instruments for him to use in order to extract literary content from. even when his mother was ill he refused to visit her. man without morality is not fully man, instead he is just a shadow of himself, wandering around aimlessly from one distraction to another. And then when he dies he suffers an even worse fate, having never spiritually developed himself, his soul is weak, diseased and ill-prepared for its encounter with eternity.

take a nap, Peter

> ebooks
Delete yourself instead

im too woke to nap

Did you call Spinoza's philosphy pantheistic nihilism, bro? Cause it's 2am and even though I'm spent, I'll throw down. So back off that hyperbole and give me some space, or else fucktard. You got a second to think. More than you did before you started talking such utter swine herd shit.

>having never spiritually developed himself, his soul is weak, diseased and ill-prepared for its encounter with eternity.

You can judge another man's actions and behaviour but you can never judge the noumenal aspect of another man's soul: that is affording a level of vision to yourself that you simply do not possess. To pretend or claim otherwise is a lie. You are a liar and an arrogant larper.

The noumenal aspect can't be developed without moral and spiritual considerations, without humility and honesty, what I said follows by definition, it's not a judgment against anyone in particular. I was speaking generally in the post u quoted.

>you're a liar and arrogant larper
bearing false witness is a sin.

The difference might be in the fact that Celine didn't gas any jews, while Allen actually diddled a couple of kids.

>The noumenal aspect can't be developed without moral and spiritual considerations

You are precluded from even speaking on it in the first place, being a mortal man among men. You are affording a level of omnipotent vision to yourself that you necessarily lack. Whether you want to accept this or not you simply cannot pass final judgement on the noumena of another soul. Sorry, larper. This is how it is. Live in faith and mind your moral and spiritual considerations - no one is telling you to do otherwise - but stop this other foolishness.

>you can't know nuffin' unless you're God
This is wrong and another symptom of relativistic agnosticism, aka nonsense. The truth is inside us, it is accessible if only we clear away the layer of ice and dirt covering it.
I repeat, living a life without moral and spiritual consideration risks the fate of one's soul, by definition, since man is a moral and spiritual being.

>You are precluded from even speaking on it in the first place, being a mortal man among men
how would you know this?
if you believed what you are saying you would remain silent about my statements, but clearly you disagree with your own position and you think we can know something about the fate of the soul, hence you judge and critique my statements about it, thinking you are correct while I am incorrect; thus contradicting your own position of agnosticism.
Are you afforded a level of omniscient vision of the soul?

>n-no I think I'll just keep larping, thanks

Have fun, bro.

>Celine didn't gas any jews
>implying anyone did

>ignores the internal contradiction of his position
>i-i'll just call him a larper again
neat.

You have never seen a sinner, only dreamt of him. A "full human being" differs extraordinarily whether you ask Diogenes, Zhu Xi or Maximos the Confessor it is an idiosyncratic ideal through and through.

How many lifes have Goethe not enriched, how much literature has he not inspired? Is he not, dare I say, in his literary influence, more alturistic that you could ever hope to become?

Goethe, like all poets, theologians and philosophers are there to be plundered for your own enjoyment and personal betterment "Es wird ein Mensch gemacht", as the good Dr. Faust said. His writings, or any other for that matter of sake, aren't a universal mold you have to fit yourself awkwardly into, with the delusional fancy of becoming an exact replica of him in the process.

It's sad to see that we live by imitation and not reason, as Seneca said. Should I, in agreeing with this, thus kill myself because Seneca did so at the orders of Nero? Because a man has faults and who hasn't should I denounce all value that might be derived from their teachings?

Why, I too could pretend to be a happy flower of virtue, spiting out generic advice for the sole sake of monetary gain, hiding my bitterness and toxic resentment behind an enforced facade how would you ever know? Of course, you don't know, but merely pretend to do.

Yes, yes, good goym! Develop yourself spiritually, focus on this transcendental otherworld of yours let the Brahmins, Lamas, Rabbis, Popes, Priests and Pharaohs enjoy their lucrative surroundings and aristocratic status as they have for centuries.

Don't mind the picturesque description of the first Jesuits who visited Tibet, recalling how the commoners toiled in hard labour beneath the wealthy mountain temple. This world is cruel, isn't it? Be thou a yogi, Arjuna! No reason for you to meddle in politics, in public life, in culture, in the society of your fellow men starve, abstain, renounce, just do anything but gaining the same appetite for life as us.

This /pol/ Boogeyman sure have you spooked , it's an endemic at this point , no matter what is being discharged there's always one of you summoning the spectre of /pol/ up at every instance of disagreement and discomfort .

>Have you ever read an authors bio
Dude, you could just read his anal sex poems, you don't have to lower yourself to this pre-post-structuralist shit with wikipedia summaries.

Jews have an inborn sense for knowing when the heat is on, when information about their deceptive practices is spreading like wildfire among the goyim, and when they're yet again on the brink of being shoah'd or expelled for their behavior. It's wonderful to see them squirming and paranoid over it too.

This.

Also, Pic related.

I am a fan of Mel Gibson, actually. I only pointed out that it's ironic to post his picture of all people alongside that particular rant and see nothing wrong with it. And now in pointing this out I've become a Jew who felt that the heat was on?

The both of you are absolute meme people. Way to prove me right about you memey /pol/ tourists yet again.

>There's no /pol/ infestation on the board goys
>Immediately starts /pol/posting

Read Kant

OP is why I am pro-choice.

>goyim can't even justify their own anti-semitism without jewish influence

>Have you ever read an authors bio and then just automatically disliked his works
No. Why would I just work by its creator?

What biography did (you) read, OP? Or did (you) just read a brief wiki-style 'bio', swallow it whole, make as if it gave (you) all the information youll ever need anent ground-zero of all German literature? And then 'just have done,' like the little know-it-all that (you) unquestionably are?
Actually, what (you) are is a lazy fuck, period.

Being a culturally judaized, monkey-see-monkey-do goy is more pathetic than actually being a jew. And Mel "the jews are responsible for all wars" Gibson was right, as were most great men throughout history who spoke about the JQ, so if you don't get it that means you are not a great man of the Gibsonesque variety.

the boy who cried /pol/

>which bio did you read, I bet you didn't read anything besides wiki, ya that's it, that's the ticket!!! hahah I figured you out!

No.

biblestudytools.com/classics/strong-great-poets-and-their-theology/goethe.html

Oh, brother THAT'S not tendentious. Let's dismiss all his works after marking as a seductive pantheist who cared only for himself!
Wake the fuck up. Make your own decisions or cease and desist..
Original conclusion keeps: Lazy.

*marking HIM

Celine was just a shithead who thought dumb things. Woody Allen is actually a molester

>Wake the fuck up. Make your own decisions
I did. I reject him and his corpus.
There's plenty of perfectly fine literature without bits of poison and delusion mixed in. Pic related.

virgin Veeky Forums vs chad goethe

Geez. Suit yourself. (You) will anyway.
In other news I've actually read Phantastes. Fine book. Any other rec his way? Mine for (you) is Hoffmann's Goldene Topf (based on my recollection of GM).

Lilith.