Is there any specific book you read that turned you into a believer, not counting the Bible?

Is there any specific book you read that turned you into a believer, not counting the Bible?
Asking for a friend
Pic unrelated

groundwork of the metaphysics of morals
at the sheer impossibility of it despite it's intentions

"Where love is, God is" by Tolstoy
It's only 16 pages so no excuses

There's a contemporary theologician by the name of Joel Osteen who I highly recommend. Somewhat nuanced and complex though, so you may want to start with C.S. Lewis and Tolstoy

where there is beauty there is God. any excellent piece of art can turn someone into a believer.

I am actually reading those two right now lol. Mere Christianity and The Resurrection.

So sorry pic unrelated. Damb

Not me personally, but I have heard that a few people actually converted to Mormonism after seeing The Book of Mormon.

Tolstoy didn't believe in God, though, except as a poetic idea. His love of Christ was strictly humanist.

I wasn't reading the memoirs and theological treatise by Tolstoy

I did not come to Christianity via a book, but one which was influential and meaningful to me shortly after my conversion was Jack Deere's, "Surprised by the Power of the Spirit."

I was always a believer, but when I read Augustine, Aquinas and Pascal I felt like I had significantly smarter people than myself articulating what I couldn't about faith

Osteen blows both out of the water.

What was his favorite food to eat on his birthday?

The Brothers Karamazov

probably atlas shrugged
that book was so awful I figured looking at the opposite of objectivism is the answer

A believer in what? The idea of a god or in Christianity specifically since you mentioned the Bible.

just curious how did you get "that" from that. (feel free to give as brief or as long of an explanation as you think is appropriate. I'm just curious)

No. I'm not a Christian because I think that it's "true" in some objective sense. Worrying about that sort of thing is a bit silly, I think. But I understand why it bothers people; there was a time when it bothered me.

"Nihilism - The Root of the Revolution of the Modern Age" by Seraphim Rose.

"Cosmos and Transcendence - Breaking Through the Barrier of Scientistic Belief" by Wolfgang Smith

>providence preaching jumped up self help guru

Crime and Punishment

Test out biblical methods.
>Ask, and you shall receive.
>Knock, and a way shall be opened.
I didn't do anything. I didn't meet people. I saw other people once a month. I asked for a girlfriend, and got one. However, it was the loneliest time I have ever been in, having a relationship and finding out what kind of creatures they are.

I hear amputees try that a lot. it doesn't work. Weird that.

Checkmate, theists

Upvoted +1

Kierkegaard renewed and reinvigorated my faith as well as addressed many of my doubts about religion when I was an undergrad.

Start with Fear and Trembling.