What's the most expensive dinner you had at a restaurant?

What's the most expensive dinner you had at a restaurant?
>Two squid ink pasta dishes
>One beer
$96 + tip

I spent 22 dollars at a Chinese place last night. Most I've ever spent on a single meal for myself I think. It wasn't even that good. I just wanted to try some of alot of things

everything but the Hennessy seems reasonably priced

>less than $100 for two entrees and one drink
>most expensive dinner ever

Just how poor are you?

>hey guys let's just throw away money!

racked up like £2000 with my family at Scott's in London. it's okay tho because my dad has a tab

>vat: 20%

And europoors think they are in any position to criticize 'murrican tipping culture.

Who still remember that?

> He doesn't know how to enjoy quality service at a restaurant cause he's poor and the idea of saving enough money haunts him.
I will be the first to admit I waste a good amount of money. That being said I also save about 70% of every paycheck. The remainder is my fun money and I spend it like a nigger however I want. If I don't spend it them whatever.

It seems kind of relative to me. Something can appear expensive if it isn't priced correctly based on my expectation, but otherwise it is what it is. Like the bill at a moderately nice chinese place for 2 shouldn't be more than $75, but in a moderately nice french restaurant I'd expect at least that, certainly more if it was less rustic and more leaning towards fine dining.

Also I'm clearly poor or failing at life because my perfect restaurant is cheap and cheerful. 2 courses, bread and enough booze to get half drunk shouldn't cost more than $150 for two at a semi decent place.

If it does, it should be either because I'm eating at some ridiculously meme level place, or I went crazy with the booze.

>he doesn't pregame date night

>He doesn't know how to enjoy quality service at a restaurant cause he's poor
The restaurant I paid $96 was quality though

$150 is a good target price for eating out. I've eaten at restaurants that charge $200 for a steak and I've eaten at some that charge like $45. The difference in taste was non existent but the service and decorum of the place was certainly at different levels.

Does the squid ink in the pasta temporarily stain your teeth, tongue, or lips?

nope

I spent $700 at Alinea in '10 iirc
I think I would have preferred 100 burritos from the corner burrito joint but it was still an interesting experience

I've had like 3 $300+ (1 may have been 400+) dinners at Michelin stared restaurants in San Francisco. That was for 2 people though

$600 at delmonico's in NYC, considering it was for 3 people thats a good deal as far as steakhouses go

This. A michelin starred restaurant isn't out the reach of ordinary people as a special treat, but even millionaires aren't blowing $700 a night on their meals.

Bait

>saving 70%
>not investing it
>literally losing money while talking down to others about finances

How to invest?

>$120 wagyu steak
>$45 elk tenderloin
>30 black truffle mac and cheese

Girlfriend had a coupon and managed to get 50% off though.

>2 Espresso
>$15

The fuck

Two pints and a bowl of chips - £19

Not the most expensive thing I've had, but given it was two pints of weak lager and a a SMALL bowl of chips

>1 water
>$12

it’s easy, just look it up pal.

where did the other 20,000 come from? and where do you live?

it's amazing that people are able to spend what some people make in a year on a meal.

Teach me

$550 for 7 (more like 4 and $50 for 3 kids meals) at the Urban Farmer in Philly. Nice place.

If you're buying a hundred dollar meal for two without drinks, you're past the price point where ingredient quality maxes out. It should be assumed that the ingredients are the absolute best available, and that you're paying not for quality but for ingredient *rarity* and the reputation/experience of the restaurant itself.

>I barely make this in 2 years

I once asked a Starbucks why it cost more if I stayed in rather than taking away. Bitch behind the counter told me I was paying for the ambience of the setting. The setting being a crowded starbucks on a Tuesday afternoon.

Everyone is a cunt

95 bucks at a nice cheese and wine place.
wine
lobster mac and cheese
dessert
coffee
It was very good. I wish I could eat like that all the time (without getting fat).

>he took the bait

Definitely a one time thing.

Dinner was for two.

320 euros for two 7 course meals and drinks

$200 steak and wine for 2.

>$7000 tip
God dammmmmmmmmmnnnn

Most real advice I've heard anons

>Spending more than $30 on any one meal for yourself

Wasteful. you could be a billionaire and you'd sitll just be pissing money. Its not worth spending money on something that only lasts as long as one meal, and one day in your digestive track.

Save that money for something actually important, or t least get sometihng material with it.

>Large water
>$12

What the fuckkkkk

The difference in taste between a $45 steak and a $200 steak is quite noticeable unless you have a place sell you a $45 steak for $200.
$200 should buy you a large cut of the finest USDA Prime beef that has been expertly dry-aged.
$45 should get you some wet aged Prime or a half-assed dry aged cut of choice or prime that was previously wet aged.
The $200 steak isn't worth the price difference, but the difference in taste is notable.
You are right about price though. Restaurants where dinner for two including an appetizer, 2 main dishes, a dessert, and a couple of drinks costs ~$150 (tip included) are the sweet spot.

I've had $2000+ food but i didn't have to pay for it, so yeah.

note that it is LUNCH (time: 14:39). somehow that makes this even more impressive.

I'm not against tipping, but this is ridiculous.
If i could pay for this i would have tipped 200 or 300 bucks.

had to google the wines and the up charge on all those is insane

$50

>go to locally famous sushi place
>don't know much about sushi and get two omakase plates
>no price listed but fuck it
>get like 16 pieces of specialty sashimi and nigiri
>tack on a couple normie rolls (tekka, kappa, rainbow)
>$150

sometimes I lie awake at night and think of all the pizza I could've bought instead

not more than 20$ are you insane

A Saudi princess was eating at this place when the NY Times was reviewing it, that should give you an idea of the clientele

>bring one bottle of expensive alcohol to the table
>5000 euro dollarydoos tip

$400 on two meals at iron chef Chen Kenichi' s flagship

damn, you two ate THIRTY mac and cheese? that must've been $500 dollars alone. were you full?

±$500 on a 3 star Michelin restaurant, because I wanted to know what the hype was about. Went to sleep crying of disappointment the same day.

Was it a buffet user?

Sushi is the only food i'll ball out on. Most i've spent was like $150 for 3 people

>he only cares about material values
how do i into poorfag lifestyle because i cannot comprehend

We just tip the state instead of the waiter.

we can make the same exact dishes ourselves for hundreds of dollars less

Crab stuffed mushrooms
Caesar salad
Cowboy steak with gorgonzola bacon butter
Chicken parmesan
Bottle of dry rose
$188+tip. Fancy place, nice experience but I don't need to do it again.

Gotta spend it on something, mate

>English
>service charge
That's not Europe.

>paying 96$ for 2 pasta dishes
pic related

A little more than $200 at Yvonne's in Philly. All the dishes were incredibly memorable, I'd go back in a heart beat.

Let's just say I'm still paying off the debt, 10 years later.

I won a US lottery drawing a few years back. Kept it anonymous, and didn't really change up lifestyle, but I go to every fancy shmancy restaurant I can find. Don't have any receipts at the moment, but numerous occasions I have brought my siblings and parents out and the bill reaches an excess of $2,000. Usually chefs menu's with wine pairings. Great stuff.

August in New Orleans, the tasting menu with wine. I think it was like $550 for the three of us. Worth it, every part of every course was memorable and it was a great experience shared with friends

Not including wines and such, if you ever pay more than $100 for a meal you were ripped off.

Are you in the US? I thought it was mandated that the winner had to pop up for a photo op appearance.

Read a couple of articles about lottery winners and man do the vast majority of them lead shittier lives after the money. It's sad.

A lady who won last week successfully sued her way out of having to reveal her identity and still got to keep the winnings. Seems ideal

Yeah I am.
Oh boy I've read all the stories. The owner of the place I got the ticket still gets hounded, and he only got like a fifty thousand dollar bonus for it.
I don't have control to waste my money all in one place. A few advisers need to give the okay for every major transaction.

around 1500 dollars for 2, about half food and half drinks. I've had numerous meals at world class restaurants in the 600-800 range, not super hard if you just have 1-2 normal drinks and skip the 500, or 5000 dollar bottles of wine

I mean, it's not even fucking cooked

back when I was dealing drugs I did the conspicuous consumption thing a little bit.
300$ tasting menus with ~500 dollar bottles of wine. Taking my friends or girlfriends out, you know the drill.

Honestly, there tends to be great restaurants which offer tasting menus at ~150 which includes wine pairings. Which if they are decent tends to mean you get served a variety of food that would be difficult or expensive to prep in a domestic setting, and enough drink to get you tipsy. It also means you get to try a whole bunch of wines that would be otherwise kind of inaccessible.
300 for a date is expensive for sure, but a completely reasonable goal to save for special occasions or every six months or whatever.

60 dollars for chicken

>60 dollars for chicken

he should have gone to costco and bought 12 rotisserie chickens for his friends

a little over $200 for 2

no drink is worth over $50, wine culture is a fucking joke

>no chili with the seabass