Hey user, I used your non-stick pan to fry up some burgers for me and the boys while we were watching the game...

Hey user, I used your non-stick pan to fry up some burgers for me and the boys while we were watching the game. Don't worry, I left you a couple in the fridge!

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2014/11/the-truth-about-cast-iron.html
youtube.com/watch?v=UGXGJD2xTzQ
amazon.com/Nonstick-Resistant-Silicone-Aluminum-Dishwasher/dp/B01LZC8KOW/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>He fell for the nonstick meme

My pan looks like that

>no maillard
>metal on non-stick
>burger coated in hard, white fat
>me and
I would beat this person to death. legit made me angry imagining all that.

I'll just buy another for like 10 bucks
who gives a shit, it's non-stick

>buying non-stick
I guess dumb people congregate...

can someone explain to me on why it's a meme
I have a nonstick wok I got at target for 30 dollars and it still hods up pretty well
aside woks, should I get a regular cast iron pan over a non-stick coated iron pan?
Can I season a regular cast iron pan to make it non stick?

Because non-stick is shitty for searing and to make sauces. They don’t even last a life time while the other pans such as stainless steel can be abused without any consequence.

cast iron will last for-freaking-ever and is generally better at everything, but i use non-stick for eggs/omelettes and yeah non-stick woks are pretty good. just don't be cucked like this poor guy and fall for the steel maymay

When I had roommates, any cookware that I actually cared about I kept in my closet, not in the kitchen. That includes my nonstick pans, my dutch oven, my knives, etc.

It's a good thing that you can have more than one type of pan in your kitchen. You dumb fuck.

Kek that's what nonstick fags get

>my dutch oven,
I wouldn't know how to fuck up a dutch oven..

I never denied that. But anyway it’s completely possible to live without non-stick once you know how to properly respond to your pan’s temperature.

Y tho? It's just extra clutter to have duplicates of the same diameter pan

Get a nylon spatula you cock flaplet, and don't cook above 600 degrees ffs. Like trying to educate cod.

There’s nothing wrong with steel, in fact it’s one of the most used and praised type of pan.
If you want to talk about espensive meme pans that would be copper. They’re good but a cast iron and stainless steel can definitely do the job.

>There’s nothing wrong with steel
>Said the guy who took out a second mortgage to buy a pan which is in every way inferior to cast iron

Where the fuck do you live if you think 40-50 is expensive for a lifetime use. I got my stainless steel for less than 50 bucks. You might be thinking copper, which comes easily for 200+ in brand new condition.

>a pan which is in every way inferior to cast iron

how so?
I just know iron is better at retaining heat

>How you sound right now

cook tomato in it, dipshit.

laffin @ u, this is why all my pans are stainless

Shouldn’t have bitten that bait.

>He can't cook a tomato without destroying his entire kitchen

>he owns a non stick pan

you've fallen in love with that tard picture, haven't you. jesus christ kid. Unless you have your grannies grannies cast iron acid rips that shit off like oven cleaner.

Woks are only useful with high heat. Non stick is bad for high heat. You got memed and you dont know how to cook.

>make gastrique
>melts through cast iron

>One tomato pip and his world is in tatters

Enameled, maybe?

Do you have any idea how you gibbles seem to others? Like chicken tendies had kids and their vaccine made them autistic.

>pans fit inside each other
How much are you fucking lacking in vertical space? Its like saying you only have room for 1 mixing bowl.

rude

>Posts something so random that I can't think of a response

The only people who claim that all you need is a cast iron pan are the people who don't know how to properly use one in the first place.

Just being honest

Thomas Keller has a section in one of his book claiming the merits of a cast iron pan, he even claims it's the only one you need.

It is. Check this out
seriouseats.com/2014/11/the-truth-about-cast-iron.html

>Myth #3: "My well-seasoned cast iron pan is as non-stick as any non-stick pan out there."

I'm not sure that link helps your argument that much.

Yeah I buy a non-stick (ceramic) for eggs/omelettes and replace it if it gets rekt. I'm just being a pain in the ass for absolutely no reason. I should probably stop.
Cast iron is superb at basically everything though, even if modern non-stick is a bit better until it inevitably breaks

Then season it again holy shit you're acting as if the extra ten minutes of effort are the end of the world.

Isnt (well seasoned) cast iron known for making perfect eggs though? Or am i falling for a meme?

>his cast iron pan isn't non-stick

If you're not a retard you can get it to the point you don't even need oil for fried eggs.

Shit still comes off at 3pH. It's just a headache I can avoid with carbon steel, ceramic, PTFE, any other asshole non poverty skillet.

Here's how a real piece of metal is seasoned.

youtube.com/watch?v=UGXGJD2xTzQ

Nah you're right, it is very good once it's properly seasoned, but desu nothing is gonna beat a modern, barely used non-stick surface for frying an egg. I literally buy one for that purpose alone, and use cast iron for everything else.

I just cook everything in non-stick (it just werks)

easy as hell to clean, and don't need to worry about it being hot enough before I toss stuff in. Only thing it can't do is give a perfect sear but no biggie, it's good enough.

I forgot just generic stainless steel which is really the most common, and if you know how to dial in heat, is as non stick as anything else.

Pro-tip, you heat it until the water skates around the pan so the metal has expanded to the point where it doesn't 'grab' the food.

>Shit still comes off at 3pH. It's just a headache I can avoid with carbon steel
Uh, what? Isn't the seasoning the same?

I came home from a weekend trip to find my cast iron pan submerged and soaking in the sink with rust and scrambled egg bits all over it

just got it for christmas too. Almost lasted two whole months...honestly longer than expected
I don't see what part of "see this pan? don't fucking ever touch it" people don't understand

>Clean off rust
>Reseason
>Hand down through generations for hundreds of years to come
What's the problem?

Good thing I bought that decoy pan

I bought a friend a japanese paring knife. She put it in a chlorine wash tub. Broke my heart.

He's probably not a hillbilly that needs to cook outside over an open fire with sow belly and illegitimate children.

Hillbillies don't eat children, user.
That's like eating your best field horse, It's free labor.

Just take the rust off it and hide it in your room.

If you live with young, city slicker millennials hide the fuck out of any item that needs care.

Literally this. In particular, don't let them near sharp knives.

put it in the dish washer

This.

A non-stick wok is actually the least useful non-stick cookware I can think of.

Try precooking egg white for egg fried rice
(For the first time no doubt)

Myth that one is better than the other. Doesn’t seem to matter which pan I get. Non stick, iron, steel, they ALL end up scratched and dented when they come out of the washing machine.

>can someone explain to me on why it's a meme

Because autists get real mad that one pan can't do literally everything if you get a cheap teflon pan.

>don't be cucked like this poor guy and fall for the steel maymay

>steel
>meme

No worries, I bought my steel pans because they're what I grew up with so I knew they were great before people started memeing on them.

>it still hods up pretty well
>pretty well
So in other words, the finish is starting to peel off, but because it hasn't entirely peeled off you consider it "decent." Anyone who wasn't a complete idiot would have realized they fucked up and thrown away. You? You keep using it like retard you are. And that's "why it's a meme," whatever the fuck that means.

What about deglazing?

Reseason, job done

They havr a place
I have a ceramic pan, its mainly for omlettes and over easy eggs

exactly the same here

>exactly the same here
>exactly
>the same
>her
What sort of illiterate jargon is this?

I like non sticking teflon pans
fuck you

chemotherapy is more expensive than $10

Lmao if you know what you're doing with a ci pan you can do anything. The only thing you're really not supposed to make in them is tomato sauce but I use a big stock pot for that anyways because I stew my own tomatoes and basil from the farmers market.

...what?

>Try precooking egg white for egg fried rice
what. do people not just make a little room in the pan and throw the egg in last, cook a minute, and then stir it straight in?

I own this pan, do you like it?

amazon.com/Nonstick-Resistant-Silicone-Aluminum-Dishwasher/dp/B01LZC8KOW/

Lmao they don't. There are so many awful cooks out there

Educate yourself, idiot