What did you give up for Lent? I don't want to give up chocolate because it's too tasty

What did you give up for Lent? I don't want to give up chocolate because it's too tasty.

I'm going to give up chocolate for lent in your place. I will bear your burden.

I'm gonna give up unleaven bread

>Participating in Lent

>securing your place in hell
praying for u

i gave up my belief in god

Don’t be a faggot.

>What did you give up for Lent?
Worshipping a dead kike on a stick

That's odd, I have a feeling you jerk off to the idea of dead kikes on sticks.

sorry for your loss. once again, prayers for you both this Lenten season. God bless you though you know not what you do

stop being retarded on purpose.

>Don't be a faggot.
>posts anime image
enjoy your marxist state with 0 values, soyim

Okay. Symbolically giving up something small for a short time isn't going to guarantee your spot in heaven.

Don't argue with christians, they're legit retards

Heaven forbids someone posts anime (actually manga) in an anime website.

your words cannot hurt me, may you be blessed this upcoming holy day

>being catholic
ISHYGDDT

>believing hell isn't just Earth
Take a good look around and tell me this planet isn't already damned to eternal perdition. I'm not even being edgy. Every sin ever has been committed en masse all over the world, and there has been zero retribution for it. If you truly believe the Bible, why would God not have struck these people down as he did Sodom and Gomorrah? Why do we experience an absence of God in life, when previously he actively participated in events and shaped our future? Where does it state, explicitly, that we are supposed to suffer before death to reach Heaven?

I'd love to believe in a higher power, but at this point aliens are more likely than an omnipotent and omniscient God.

>Veeky Forums Food & Cooking
>90% of Veeky Forums in general
>anime website
reddit's that way bud

>Thinking Veeky Forums isn't an anime website when moot had made it clear several times over the years that Veeky Forums was created as a pace for him to discuss anime after he got banned from Something Awful

You seem to know the way to Reddit better than I do.

It's not about securing your spot in heaven, brother. It's about sacrificing something small and feeling unity amongst your flock. You're supposed to be good all year long but this is a time for celebration as well as penance
(You)
>milkless Khazar
You must be 18 or older to post here

>You must be 18 or older to post here
That is not even remotely a response. Do you have something against logic? Is it really that unreasonable to wonder where God is in the world today?

>unironically thinking Veeky Forums of today is equivalent to the 4 boards he started in 2004
>ignoring the expansion of this website from 15 posters talking about anime to millions of visits per day with the majority of topics being strictly anti-anime
>being this fucking retarded
>reddit spacing
whew lad

I gave up your mom's pussy.

I only read your first two sentences honestly. That kind of introduction to "logic" can go right in the trash with whatever the rest of your post said. Absolute pseudcore.

>Thinking Veeky Forums isn't still an anime website that allows anime to be posted on any board
>The year of our Lord moot, 2003+15

>Veeky Forums has too little self control to give something up for forty days
lmao, it's not even that religious! It's just the normalfag version of No Fap November. Also I'm giving up pizza.

>being a fag unironically
thank god none of you weebs will join the rest of good normal people in heaven

>not giving something up because you enjoy it
I think you missed the point

Sadly many of these poor souls are misguided. Pray for them

lmaoing@u from heaven rn

>normalfag version
Blatantly false. No Fap has been normie for years now. Fasting is pseudo-Veeky Forums and/or religious shit. Not to say fasting has no benefits, but going for forty days is retarded.

>cutting out Monster Dew is "fasting"
How fat are you? haha

There is literally no one with a high school education who believes that shit no matter what they say. Who can't laugh at drumpf, cruz or pence sitting at a prayer breakfast, ffs.

For fun I gave up sugar which I don't eat anyway, but it still counts.

>missing the entire point of a temporary, traditional sacrifice

This isn't Veeky Forums. Even Veeky Forums isn't supposed to be the place for LARPing as a religious person, but Veeky Forums most definitely is not.

Sweets in general

I still haven't read your whole posts, kid. Chill with the fedora tipping and reddit spacing

I guess I know more than you, Christ-chan cultist. I was under the impression that you cunts were observing the fasting portion, not just the easy mode single sacrifice.

>jews make passover thread on Veeky Forums and that's totally fine
>christians make lent thread and it's cause for alarm
Veeky Forums has nothing to do with asking what food to give up for Lent. As part of a deeper discussion, sure. For OP's topic? This is fine.

Wasn't the passover thread ignored? Also, passover is eight days rather than forty.

>moving goal posts, tripping over your feet, and scoring an own goal
still missing the entire point, heathen

No it was shat up by crossposters. Also, it's the beginning of Lent. No one's going to ask more than a few days from now what to give up. Even 8 days is too long for that. You'll never see 40 day long Lentposting here because it triggers a lot of Rick and Morty fans here

Never moved the goal posts. I've had the same stance for both my posts. I think you're the one who is missing the point, as well. Giving up a single thing won't secure you a place in Heaven, retard. You're supposed to give up several things, or fast. Just one thing is the kiddie-version, adapted to make it easier on the under-8s.

You seem mad

No one said anything remotely close about guaranteeing a spot in heaven for giving up one thing. Refer to and try again.
>Sad!: the poster

I refer you to Pay attention next time.

wew i'd cut a hole in her sheet, if you know what i mean

Yeah, too bad. How about giving up greed, avarice, death and destruction for 1 day? How about applying christ's teachings for 365 days instead of some meaningless symbolic tribal signalling ritual? Oh yeah, that's a little too tough so lets stick with the fake tribal bs and pat ourselves on the back because it's fun to pretend.

that poster was gleefully disregarding Lent with malicious intent to mock. Protestants aren't Christians.

>What did you give up for Lent?
I have given up in life.

And yet you're still here posting.

t. pic related

>Veeky Forums is life

nice facebook reposted twitter meme my dude

>words said on one site can't be said on another site!
I think it's time for you to leave your mother's house.

I gave up nihilism.

>says the idol worshipping heretic
No matter what the p*pe tells you you can't buy your way into heaven with rosaries and Hail Marys.

please find a way to permanently stop breathing.

>going to hell for not giving up a vice
>not going to hell for supporting an organization known for kiddy fiddling priests

Ha, ok buddy.

I'll pray for you two sweaties. May you be freed of your ignorance and see the light in our Lord

I gave up coffee. The problem is I don't know how I'm going to poop now.

>history's most genius theologians and leaders have dedicated their lives to their faith but it's all just an elaborate prank

Jews don't go to hell. they have a soul washer that cleanses their souls before going to heaven. The more evil you are the longer you spend in the soul washer. No matter how evil you are, you still go to heaven. That's what it means to be the chosen ones.

Hell, I'd be satisfied if the christfags would go on an actual fast instead of just picking one thing to give up. But you can't expect that from Americans or modern westerners.

>Protestants aren't Christians.
When I was a Protestant, we actually observed the Christian Sabbath. No work, no play, no cooking or traveling except to church, 52 days a year, church services day and night. No Catholic I've ever known has been able to do even that, let alone the regular total fasting we were expected to do several times per year. It's loopholes upon loopholes.

AYO HOL UP
>goes to "church" in a tax-scam shopping center
SO YOU TELLIN ME
>screams and breakdances as Hillsong United blasts over PA
CATHOLICS
>gets gay-married by trans-woman pastor
WORSHIP SAINTS
>trashes 2000 years of theology over petty political disagreements
AN SHEEEIT?
>lectures about how Jesus would have been pro-abortion because it's 2018 people

It's a testament to the ignorance of your average HS graduate and university student that the majority of them are entirely unaware of this. Not just theology, but several subjects are entirely beyond their reach. It's a shame, really, since as an atheist I have found the study of theology to be one of the best tools for sharpening my analytic and deductive abilities.

>Jesus is anti-abortion
I guess the scriptures are in the eye of the beholder

I genuinely can't tell if you're being serious or not
Are Trappists who spend 22 hours a day in their cells studying theology and never speaking just doing it to own the normies?

The fuck are you talking about? I don't see what your point is here. I said nothing negative about Trappists or any students of theology.

Good. It sounds like it's full of faggots

Your post suggested that literally all intelligent religious people, from laypeople to popes, were just pretending, and that you were one of the only ones enlightened enough to realize this.
Do you not realize how fucking retarded that is?
It's one thing to think religion is illogical, but to refuse to believe that others are capable of holding convictions different than your own, lest it all be an elaborate hoax, is genuine autism spectrum shit.

Read my fucking post again. I was the one saying that I study theology as an atheist, and have found it useful for honing my mental acuity.

Nothing, because I don't believe in a god, and I've been slowly removing my vices on my own time, rather than a few scheduled weeks out of the year.

Catholics aren't going to heaven.

good ones do, sadly bad Catholics exist

Lent is meant to be about challenging temptation and reminding yourself of Christ's suffering. I'm giving up my usual chocolates, crisps, fried food, cakes and cheese. I have to give up so many delicious things because I've found I usually replace one thing with another, which kind of defeats the point of it.

>he thinks acts matter and not faith

>people don't perform acts of faith to empathize with Christ's suffering

>people perform "acts of faith" to "empathize" with Christ's suffering

>still buying into joo god bullshit in the new millennium.
The most fedora tier shit ever...

Have fun making your kids suck priest dick and praying to graven statues of earthly figures.

Is that you?

Instead of giving something up, I decided to do something. I'm going to watch three episodes of anime while riding a stationary bicycle every day.

I did kinda cheat yesterday by doing an episode of Teekyu, but it was really late and I was really tired

I’d attribute the rage to three things.
>Christianity is much more common in the West than Judaism
>most Western atheists are former Christians, and so many harbor a special dislike for it
>Jews are generally a lot more cool about the whole religion thing. You don’t get Jews going door to door to ask if you have a moment to talk about Moses

Of course Jews don't go around converting. They're born into their special club and everybody else is automatically inferior.

'Good Catholic' is an oxymoron.

>Giving one thing up like a child on ez mode
>Not fasting and adding a devotion like an adult is supposed to
Ishygddt

>Implying Catholics are the only denomination that celebrates Lent
Lmao why are people so ignorant?

With your butt silly

Chocolate, and no cream or sugar in my coffee or tea.

this thread. Plus-OP, give up rutabagas, works every time.

sex hahah

As a neopagan I'll be giving up cigarettes and red meat for lent. No matter who you are lent is important.

>neopagan
Do what your forefathers did and turn back to God

Actually, our forefathers encoded pagan symbols within Christianity to ensure we would have a path to return to the true faith once the worldly powers ceased to impose their Abrahamic heresy. Now that Christianity is being supplanted by atheism, the time has come.

This user understands.
>Christianity faltering
>Abrahamic religions considered trite and passe
>Growing communities returning to the practices of their forebears
>Perfect enemy emerging in the form of radical Islam

You can cut down the tree, but you will never kill its roots, they are in you as they are in me.

Belief isn’t a choice user

I'll pray for you anons.