Does anyone else find it weird that we eat candy designed to taste like fruit instead of actually eating those goddamn...

Does anyone else find it weird that we eat candy designed to taste like fruit instead of actually eating those goddamn fruits?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubus_leucodermis
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

well blue raspberry isn’t a real fruit so fuck you

If I'm choosing to eat candy I am choosing to eat candy.
If I'm choosing to eat fruit I am choosing to eat fruit.
I don't substitute fruit for candy.

The taste is a bit different with those candies, and often more intense than the real thing. Strawberry flavour tastes nothing like strawberry in my experience.

yeah, and fuck potato chips that taste like entrees while we at it? just eat real korean barbecue or a bushel of dill.

Do you wanna live in a world where candy is pure sugar only with no added flavorings?

Yeah why dont they just make them candy flavored lmao.

have you ever had the sticks in fun dip?
fucking delicious

You sound like a stupid nigger.

no I don't find that weird at all

I recently learned that stuff is a drink mix and not a candy

whoa
my life is a lie?

wrong
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubus_leucodermis

Wow thats actually pretty neat, user. I didn't know it was a real fruit. I'm gonna go look for some. :^0

Candy preserves better dumb fuck

>People are inspired to flavor one food based on the flavor of another food
That's one of the least weird things I can think of, you're going to have a bad time when you get around to realizing a legitimate reason for an existential crisis later in life.

no, fruit goes bad relatively quickly, candy does not

The banana flavor was actually a real banana that went extinct.

The taste is significantly different.
If i hadn't been exposed to the names and shapes and colors intended to associate that flavors of candy with fruits i'm not sure i would eat it and think "this is raspberry flavored".

shut the fuck up
that’s been proven to be just a myth

WRONG. It was dismissed as just a myth until someone discovered three ancient real banana eggs.

nobody likes those

You are wrong

i shouldn't be

I'm allergic to some fruit so fruit candy is my only flavor experience of those fruit.

woah total nostalgia...........used to get these at the pharmacy when i was a kid

are these xanax bars?

>hate real cherries
>love fake cherry flavoring

Why?

No, I eat fruits

Candied fruit is a thing though.

Real fruit tastes sour and disgusting though.

I wish they were.

The artificial flavor is most likely based on a different kind of cherries than the ones you eat, like most flavorings.

fake fruit flavorings are usually simple esters, chemicals made from an alcohol and a carboxylic acid. esters are used in nearly all arteficial flavors and perfumes. In a cherry flavored candy, it will be the ester, sugar, colour and some kinda thickener or consistency modulator. Real cherries are biological constructs with a wide variety of organic compounds and a far more complex chemistry