Is there a literary movement that Michel Houellebecq is a part of and if so what is it called and what defines it?

Is there a literary movement that Michel Houellebecq is a part of and if so what is it called and what defines it?

Also say something nice about Houellebecq's mom.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Déprimisme
notbored.org/EdN.html
libcom.org/tags/jaime-semprun
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It should be called neo-reactionary but I think that's Land and Mencius

Why didn't you say anything nice about his mom?

She looks like a raccoon.

pleb-tier

is houellebecq part algerian

Sauce of that image OP? How old was he there?

Oh and here's your answer: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Déprimisme

Why does he look like edgy Michael Cera

Also, if any French-speaking Anons read this?

Yes, it's literarry movement of feces through intestines.

Pleb version of Bodinat and Jaime Semprun.

Any english translations of bodinat? Seems like something I'd enjoy.

Sadly not (neither are Semprun nor other authors from the EdN).
It's a shame considering the actuality of it and the wonderful style.

If you're curious about it though, here are a couple of articles from the encyclopedia from which originated the eponymous publishing house. Debordians/post-situationists slowly turning reactionary.
notbored.org/EdN.html

Thanks dude. Nowhere else would I discover gems like this.

>rare michel
Nice.

No, but he lived there. Poor kid was all over the place until his Stalinist grandma took care of him.

>Houellebecq was born in 1956 on the French island of Réunion, the son of Lucie Ceccaldi, a French doctor born in Algeria of Corsican descent,[4] and René Thomas, a ski instructor and mountain guide.[5] He lived in Algeria from the age of five months until 1961, with his maternal grandmother. His website states that his parents "lost interest in his existence pretty quickly" and at the age of six, he was sent to France to live with his paternal grandmother, a communist, while his mother left to live a hippie lifestyle in Brazil with her newly met boyfriend. His grandmother's maiden name was Houellebecq, which he took as his pen name. Later, he went to Lycée Henri Moissan, a high school at Meaux in the north-east of Paris, as a boarder. He then went to Lycée Chaptal in Paris to follow preparation courses in order to qualify for Grandes écoles (elite schools). He began attending the Institut National Agronomique Paris-Grignon in 1975. He started a literary review called Karamazov and wrote poetry.

kinda looks like nick land in a wig as well desu

This is the best biography available about Houellebecq, why the hell hasn't anyone transalted it yet?

Anybody want to pool some money and buy the English rights?

That's my pleasure.
I found that several extracts from Semprun are here translated from the Spanish translation :
libcom.org/tags/jaime-semprun

Just ordered it second hand in Dutch desu.

Will likely shitpost Houellebecq trivia in the future.

Not French, but I read in an interview that he condemns this book. Also, he recently said that the story about his mother converting to Islam is false.

He did condemn it, but it looks like it is mostly true. For example, he revealed that Houellebecq spent several years at a prestigious film school after studying agriculture.

houellebecq condems his entire past and always tries to be obscure about it so that's no surprise desu.

probably horrible for some stranger to publish the traumas of your youth.

I just noticed Houellebecq looks exactly my grandmother's cousin. Holy shit.

How has Houellebecq positively influenced your life or reading Veeky Forums?

Personally his book "Against the World, Against Life" introduced me to Lovecraft and Submission introduced me to the lesser known works of JK Huysmans.

After having read The Elementary Particles (or Atomised, idk), that picture is strangely depressing.

>How has Houellebecq positively influenced your life or reading Veeky Forums?
I'm wearing parkas now, they're really comfy

Well, The Elementary Particles showed me it's possible to feature out there, philosophical and scientific themes with gritty, kitchen sink realism. I've never read something quite like it.

Also, Western civilization is doomed, fuck roasties, etc

>turning reactionary
Can you explain this? Got a feeling of more anarcho-primitivism than reactionary ideology by scanning their stuff

Has made me more smug and comfy in my fatalism.

Instead of despair I have this facial expression.

Submission made me unironically more empathetic and sympathetic to Islam. I related to Rediger a fair amount.

the atomised detached protagonists always seem like comfy lads to me. i had the same with camus' meursault.

Anybody else have this feel?

>Also say something nice about Houellebecq's mom.

she ain't no Houellebecq girl

I unironically grew my thinning hair out into a poorly conditioned combover that i am no longer embarrassed by

>she ain't no Houellebecq girl
Literally. Her maiden name is Ceccaldi.

reminder that Houellebecq is pronounced wel-bek

buonop