Imagine how much more advanced our world would be if pic related had never been written...

imagine how much more advanced our world would be if pic related had never been written. Sometimes it makes me angry when I think about all the wasted time.
inb4
>hurrdurr, its the foundation of western society and culture
No it isn't. That would be the Greeks and Romans, who weren't christians

Other urls found in this thread:

gotquestions.org/jealous-God.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

really generic but will hit bump limit after existing for about five days

How about instead of your gay fedora tippy topic, we talk about kigurumi?

t. reddit

>literally every founding American grew up reading this book.
>cornerstone of western literature and ethics.
>almost every story written since borrows similar ideas.
>first book ever printed.

If you read it as physics or metaphysics you are doing it wrong, its about the human condition, ethics, values, etc.

Literally the most beautiful description of the human ever given. Too bad you read it as the other fundamentalists and treat it as theory. The only difference being that you disagree with the theory.

It's a book which I always feel an incredible warmth when reading. I have it by my nightstand just out of admiration for its power. Truly one of humanity's high watermarks. Dare I say, divinely inspired....

and the [other fundamentalists] didn't? what exactly was all the exegetical infighting during the first few AD centuries if not, then? treating biblical hermenuetic as merely poetic when historically it's been anything but is as intellectually disingenuous as reducing the tao te ching or dhammapada to 'aphoristic life lessons' as a modern reader

Edgy

I'm not a believer, but Christian culture is responsible for a lot of our advancement through the ages, too.

>No it isn't. That would be the Greeks and Romans, who weren't christians

Thankfully there were completely atheist monks who painstakingly copied their works by hand and preserved them for generations.

Something else would had existed in it's place, Bronze age had such an abundancy of messianic religions and zealot followers: Maniqueism, Mythranism, etc...

Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon and some of the epistles are the only thing of value in the entire book.
Some of it is the greatest poetry ever written.

The rest is nonsense Jewish tribal warfare, genital mutilation, murder, genocide, and a God who is an all powerful deity yet somehow possesses the petty human trait of jealousy.

It deserves to be deposited directly into the trash and has no place in modern society.

gotquestions.org/jealous-God.html

Why is jealousy petty?

Because he controls the universe, he is the master of everything, he is an ageless being who knows everything that happens and everything that will come, he can strike you down with a bolt of lightning if he so chooses, etc.

So why the fuck should he care if the people decide to worship Baal or some shit? He created the universe. These are petty human matters that shouldn't concern him in the slightest.

It was one of the best books ever made (possibly THE best one), it was just the normies and the Great Apostasy that fucked it all up (maybe you're too dumb to know what it was, so look it up, retard). This book is better than all the shit that you read on Reddit and John Green,

He made people to praise him and for his glory, so he should care. I'm not saying that's a good reason to care or a selfless reason, but it's a reason

If he created the universe and everything in it, why would that mean that every little thing can't be significant?

I don't personally have a problem with white Christians as long as they understand that their ideology was forced on their ancestors by jews who bribed Charlemagne to spread it by the sword. It is a jewish slave ideology they spread to weaken the Germanic tribes so they could gain entry and exploit them and was a proto version of the subsequent jewish ideologies of communism and liberalism, which share the same fundamental principles of worship of the weak and fake appeals to equality.

Go back to /pol/, you stupid idiot. Get the fuck out of here with your pseud history. Fuck off

>Jewish religion is called a Jewish religion
>Get mad and say its a lie
Hmmmmm

kys

The only thing that actually set us back was when The Library of Alexandria was burnt to the ground. They had a very basic, but functioning, steam engine. Think about that, think about how fucked that is. Also, don't blame the book when it was the Romans that decided to use Christianity as a tool. Too bad for them the shit was a cancer to the empire.

How exactly did christianity set us back in time?
And why is progress a good thing OP?

Why is every atheistic / secular-orientated remark made on this board so quickly labelled with le fedora accusations?

It only shows that your counter-arguments are shit. You don't need to browse reddit to know that Christianity is messed up.

>Massive story with hundreds of characters that are all connected to an overarching narrative
>Effortlessly blends poetry, history, and philosophy
>The King James Bible is the most beautiful book ever in English prose
>The cornerstone of Western Literature as a whole
>The cornerstone of Western ideology as a whole

Nice try

t. retard

>meanwhile in OP land
WAAH WHY DOESN'T LIFE TURN OUT AS I EXPECT IT, WHY DO I HAVE A PENIS, WHY WON'T GIRLS LIKE ME, WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE ME, WAAAAAH LIFE IS SO DIFFICULT AND MEANINGLESS, I'D KILL MYSELF BUT I'M TOO PATHETIC WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>tfw the New Testament beautifully seams greek philosophical tradition with the rich semetic oral tradition

God didn't hate Baal worship out of jealousy as we think of it. He hated it because it caused degeneracy and divided the human race. It hurt mankind.

Christian monks who preserved ancient texts during the Dark Ages are the only reason we even have the classical works that are still extant. Christianity preserved the Western cultural heritage of Greece and Rome. It didn't destroy it.

Op is right. Can u imagine how advanced our faggotry and abortion technology would be?

Search Google images for european churches and cathedrals. Even as a non-christian, that shit is beautiful and so is much other christian-inspired art

St Paul: how do you want your penis senpai?
Greeks: uncut please
St Paul: say no more senpai

It could be said that all of the accomplishments of so-called Christians where made by those that strayed furthest from the life-denying philosophy that rests at the core of Christianity. Id like to imagine a world where Christianity didn't rise until the late industrial era so that it could have been laughed at and shrugged off as the petty Jewish trickery that it really is. But no, we have in rooted and woven into the fabric of all of Western culture akin to a maple tree growing inside of a house.

Monotheism helped us achieve what we currently have. If we had stuck with paganism, we'd still be eating barely bread with water and harvesting grain all day. That said, Christianity isn't needed anymore.

atheists don't have kids thus shouldn't be taken seriously in any regard

Europeans create beautiful art, architecture, etc., no matter what. What is usually attributed to religious inspiration has more to do with genes and the Faustian nature of European man. In reality, Christianity sent the west spiraling into the dark ages, but it's impossible to know what would have existed or where we'd be had this desert religion not been imposed on our ancestors by semites.

Imagine how much more advanced our world would be if humans didnt exist

>Be Irish monk
>Spend childhood learning to read and write
>Love books and knowledge, particularly the Ancient Greek authors (why is Plutarch so based?)
>Spend most of my life copying books by hand
>Fucking Vikings attack
>Run away carrying all the books I can
>Find new monastery, start all over again
>Have to trek all the way to Rome to get copies of burned books.
>Beaten and robbed by bandits on the way, left for dead
>Fall sick
>Spend months in a farmer's cottage healing
>Get on ship
>Ship attacked by more Vikings (why do people today idolize these assholes?)
>Spend year as a slave
>Escape, continue on to Rome
>Spend months petitioning the Pope to give me copies of the lost books
>Start back home
>Almost drowned in a storm on the way back
>Attacked by bandits again
>Almost killed
>This time am saved by a local king, still I almost shit myself
>Get back to monastery
>Spend the rest of life copying books so future generations will have the knowledge.
>1500 year later
>Be in heaven
>Look down to see what happening
>See fedora-fags writing

"Oh if only the Church had never existed society would be so much more advanced because of how hard they worked to burn books and destroy knowledge." Yes if there were no Christianity we'd be in space age society by now, fuck those guys."

>mfw

>Be Irish monk
>copying Bible and other goodies
>bored as fuck but idle hands ect.
>look around
>one of my monk buddies is writing snails killing knights in the margins
>piss myself laughing
>decide to copy him
>this is gonna be funny as fuck for all time
>1500 year later
>be in heaven
>look down to see what happening
>historians pondering over snails and rabbits in our manuscripts
>no one gets our subtle and intelligent humor
>mfw

lol

>tips fedora

The 1611 KJV is arguably the epitome of English literature. Perhaps OP would argue that the God Delusion is a greater triumph