Guess how much Amara's Rose has made now? $35k. Who said you can't be a successful self-publisher?

Guess how much Amara's Rose has made now? $35k. Who said you can't be a successful self-publisher?

>35k
>successful

I would have loved $35k when I was 19.

>35k
>retarded 19 y.o. redditor who can't write
i'd say thats pretty successful

Is the book good?

She would be even better off if she sold her body instead of her book to all the sweaty reddit nerds

>Guess how much Amara's Rose has made now? $35k. Who said you can't be a successful self-publisher?

God damnit

>Success is merely measured in doll hairs and sense

Tattoo and retarded died hair. DADDY ISSUES. What A fucking degenerate bitch absolutely disgusting

God I'd love to hurt her, in a sexual way, but for my pleasure not hers.

>all of this resentment
Jesus

When did she publish it?

that cover is awful. good on her tho

fuck you op, im trying not to fap here.

PROUD OF YOUR BOY

I'LL MAKE YOU PROUD OF YOUR BOY
BELIEVE ME BAD AS I'VE BEEN MA YOU'RE IN FOR A PLEASANT SURPRISE

I'VE WASTED TIME I'VE WASTED ME
SO SAY I'M SLOW FOR MY AGE
A LATE BLOOMER OKAY
I AGREE

THAT I'VE BEEN ONE ROTTEN KID
SOME SON
SOME PRIDE AND SOME JOY
BOY I'LL GET OVER THESE LOUSIN' UP
MESSIN' UP SCREWIN' UP TIMES
YOU'LL SEE MA NOW COMES THE BETTER PART

SOMEONE'S GONNA MAKE GOOD CROSS HIS STUPID HEART

MAKE GOOD AND FINALLY MAKE YOU

PROUD OF YOUR BOYYYYYYYYYY

$35k isn't bad per se, but i don't know if i'd call that successful either. if she can shit out one book every year that sells for $35k then she's still making less than a high school teacher

So I guess the message for women is that they don't have to be good at anything apart from finding the right guy to spread her legs for. And still call oneself a feminist. I hate this planet.

Self published employing this marketing strategy:

>Have a BF who is a reddit mod.
>Have BF make posts on multiple subreddits to an AMA where she passes herself off as a published author
>Have BF create upvote bot to bump her AMA thread to the front page of r/books
>When uses realize the book is shit and cotton on to the corruption, close all new comments and delete anything mentioning corruption.

That cat's got an impressive pair of ears.

Has anyone read the book?

was the request for feet real?

At first I thought it was fake, but the tattoo on her hand is located in the same spot.

Not even soles. SAD!

In her AmA she said this novel was groundbreaking bc it has a primarily female cast in a sci-fi setting. Take that as you will. I would not take it as such personally.

Someone could have easily faked that latter pic. If not, wtf.

>primarily female cast
so strong. so empowered. so brave. so original.

No. Its self published. Its hilariously bad. She got absolutely roasted in that AMA.

What the fuck?

bugs... easy on the wordplay

Would you 'fuck' her though?

"If somebody said, "tell me about yourself" and you responded by saying "I'm a woman" without elaborating on it, that'd be a really quick way to kill the conversation. When you're describing your book, things kind of work the same way. You've given us nothing to talk about except your pictures and your identity as a young white female author. That's boring and superficial. It reeks of the YA marketing sheen that's become all too common in the industry. What are you actually like? What does your book actually do? Talk to us about your ideas, not your identity. Ideas are what are actually important, the reason I actually like to read books. If I want identity I'll go watch E! News or browse /r/subredditdrama"

BriannaMGoux • 19d
>Okay, good critic! First off, I'm not entirely white I'm also a member of Lummi Nation (registered with the government and everything) so I'm also Native American. I'm stubborn, pig-headed, and I don't let anything stop me from getting what I want. I'm determined and I go after my dreams. Female Badassery to me is showing that women all of strengths of their own and we can use those to their full extent without need a man. We can get anything done we put out minds to and we can tackle any obstacle. The world is our oyster. My characters don't back down from challenges and they each find ways to use their own strengths to reach their goals. I hope this answers your question more specifically.

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lmao

To aspiring writers: are you really doing it for the money? Is that all there is to it? Getting dough?.

There isn't a lot of money to be made in novels. $5k is the average advance and chances are it won't get earned out (sold enough to cover the advance).

>doing it for the money?
I don't think that has ever been a factor for any great writer

Where did you get that information?

> 19 years old
> self-published
> 35k

Yeah, that's pretty successful, user. It's that mixture of young age and self-publishing that will get agents frothing at the mouth. Give it a year or two and you'll see her books flying off the shelves like Andy Weir.

teenagers love attention

> My characters don't back down from challenges and they each find ways to use their own strengths to reach their goals. I hope this answers your question more specifically.
> 19 year old writer doesn't understand a story is boring without conflict and that your characters NEED to back away from things to cause conflict

this really fries my piss

Intredasting.

if this is true i might as well go to /r9k/ and stay there

>tattoos and dyed hair
> sci-fi novel
Absolutely disgusting

The critique of that deadspin author on rupi kaur holds true here. Aesthetic of author is becoming more important than substance of prose or verse.

>successful
>hasn't had my dick in her anus

kek

I have had a retarded idea for a dystopian novel for some time and any money would be great since I'm your typical broke college student.
Should I corrupt myself, Veeky Forums? It's not like I'm ever going to be a good writer.

>characters need to back away from things to cause conflict
Obviously wrong. Characters can be at loggerheads and do the opposite of backing away, and that can cause conflict

Itt: (You) are so mad online

you'll never amount to the depth of Solaris or the technical quality of dune tho

>kid made 35k with writing
>self published
>not successful
Negro, please. Her triggering the losers here alone is worth it.

>your pictures and your identity as a young white female author.
Which in itself is a big deal. Just like with Eragon, her being young is part of what makes this interesting. Obviously being a female in a dick infested industry adds to it too. A random YA novel from some 25 year old would be pretty dull unless the idea is great. A complete novel from a kid is always interesting, no matter how lame the premise is.

> Talk to us about your ideas,
That's what the book is there for. A writer should talk about themselves or how they created their work, not what it is about.

Whoever wrote the post is dumber than a teen who wrote a shitty reply.

Backing away can deescalate conflicts. It's more realistic but then it takes more skills as a writer to create conflicts based on their decisions. Or you can simply make them stubborn idiots like the characters of 90% books/movies/series.

>be cute girl
>write a self-insert teen fantasy
>get rich parents to spend $5000 on an editor
>get reddit mod boyfriend to push and cross-post your AMA
>show feet
>profit
Making money off of writing is easy.

There are millions of cute girls who write and got rich parents (not like 5k is even much and seeing the result, she got jewed pretty bad) how many of these actually made any notable profit with writing?

Obviously having a bf at the right place was not too bad but it's not like there are tons of lonely faggots in decent positions, she still had to do the work of befriending him.

Agree with everything but dude dick-infested industry? Who are you kidding? Fiction publishing has been run by women since the eighties.

Yeah, where's the source on that number?

$35k is very successful (regardless of selfpub/traditional)

The publishing is, as in agents, editors and the likes. When it comes to writers, females are still relatively rare (as are female protagonists), it's just that the few big successful names make it less obvious. They aren't exactly a niche or anything but outside of a very limited genre like romance, you're much, much, much more likely to pick up a random book and read about guys written by a guy.

This post has activated the Dan "get in the van" Schneider trap card. This girl will now be starring in a new Nickelodeon show. Any recurring obsession with feet will be "a coincidence".

Autism activated. Those aren't her feet at all, they belong to a prominent foot model from r/feet named Trish_Collins. The picture was flipped and cropped, but then the madman went the additional mile and added a tattoo to make it look that much more convincing. Wow!

>you will never lick a qt girls feet

jdimsa

hahahhahahhahhah kys

t. Dan Schneider

>implying this thread is not just another attempt at viral marketing

that's mean

So it pretty much went down like this?
>be cute 19 year old girl
>write shitty book and self publish it
>shill it online
>uses her looks to appeal to men and ideology to appeal to feminists
>get around 2000-5000 people to buy it