A fucking 11yo boy recriated IJ with lego figures while you guys played viedeogames and browsed on Veeky Forums

A fucking 11yo boy recriated IJ with lego figures while you guys played viedeogames and browsed on Veeky Forums.

brickjest.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

brickjest.com/
amazon.com/Infinite-LEGO-Reimagining-Wallaces-through/dp/1943170126
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Veeky Forums doesn't even have the best daveposting
nice. we deserve this.

That's actually creative

So?

Jokes on you, I don't play videogames.

So, this is what new sincerity looks like. I unironically like this. [ spoiler] it feels so good to like something completely unironically [/spoiler]

Yeah, and?

Just enjoy the art dude, no need to be so pathologically critical

Lol, alright

How many layers of sincerity are you on

>unironically
The word itself is ironic, right?

Not necessarily

about 2 or 3

That's pretty sincere, I guess.
Keep it up, if you can.

you mean his dad did it

Dude, you're not being sincere

It's sad, you're still blinkered by irony. Join the sincere crew. We have a distinct absence of soul crushingly compulsive self awareness

I'm not going to read IJ because I'm not 11

Can someone explain what new sincerity is?

misguided.

A silly plot device DFW invented to stave off the suicide of his biography's protagonist.

I refuse to believe an 11 year old read IJ

Because you are of below average intelligence.

old fashioned sincerity on our side of modernism

>brickjest.com/
The artist in this case was Griffith's eleven-year-old son, Sebastian, who created all the scenes based on his father's descriptions of the relevant pages.
He didn't

A narrative mode created by people who got butthurt over Seinfeld's cold, callous absurdity and needed a bit of meaning as a side dish to their incessant nihilistic steak dinner which, though they crave, know it's too much umami for their palette and so pretend to care so as to never enjoy too much of a good thing. That is, their suffering.

This. Kids are idiots and most of these exploits are always created by the parents.

Underrated post

What year did they start doing this? I think my old high school teacher may have unironically done this years before them.

amazon.com/Infinite-LEGO-Reimagining-Wallaces-through/dp/1943170126

Wallace found irony to be a dead end, and new sincerity was a solution for him.

supposed 'sincerity', but for those who cannot be sincere on their own and need some kind of named group ideology to shelter in, so they can think to themselves: 'ah yes, how sincere...-how new!' and call it a day in their minds, never really attempting the sublime

What was the appeal of being so ironic in the 90s?