Best ways to prepare pic related? Need some more recipe inspiration...

Best ways to prepare pic related? Need some more recipe inspiration. I bought about 5 kilos of lentils and have been bunging them in the slow cooker with stock, coconut milk and spices.

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2011/08/spice-hunting-curry-leaves-south-indian-cooking.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I always get massive diarrhea whenever I have lentils, wat do?

Probably because lentils are very high in fiber and you're not used to it. The solution is to stop eating such a shitty, low fiber diet.

this is true, the best way to introduce them into your diet is to eat them with rice which is also cheap and seems to elmininate gas far more than just lentils on their own

Also rinse them before cooking, and make sure you're cooking them enough. Undercooked lentils got me sounding like a goddamn Sousaphone

I like them with chicken, cumin, paprika, tomato paste, chicken stock and rice. It's a cheap, tasty, filling meal.

I usually have a bowl of oats in the morning. My stomach aches like a motherfucker, as if I were being stabbed in the belly from the inside, I fart a lot too.

Quaker Oat Squares used to do that to me

cook them with a studded onion and lemon rind in the water (peeled onion with cloves stuck all over) then drain them and set aside. saute some chopped onions, garlic, and tomatoes in olive oil in a different pan. Season with a little each of ginger, turmeric, cumin, paprika, salt. Add the lentils to the pan. Add a bunch of lemon juice and some fresh chopped parsley or cilantro. It's so delicious and easy.

I like green lentils instead of ground meat in pasta sauce. Make a basic marinara sauce of whatever and dump in cooked lentils.

Saute some garlic and onion in a pot with a few spices. Add some salt water and lentils... Boil, simmer.

Eat with rice/potatoes and some veggies

This! Tasty.

Carrots, onion, mushroom, and spices sauteed in a bit of oil, then add stock and lentils, and cook until the lentils are done (30 minutes maybe.) Pretty good. I prefer lentils over beans and rice.

Mushrooms are a great addition, they can give it more "meaty" flavor.

Thanks guys I'll give these a shot. Are red lentils as good as any, or would I have to change my cooking times?

Red lentils are better for soups

>red lentils
Make a dal.

seriouseats.com/2011/08/spice-hunting-curry-leaves-south-indian-cooking.html

>article shits on curry powder
>recipe includes curry powder anyway
serious eats is a fucking joke

Eh just use recipes as a guideline, it's not like it's baking.

chicken bulion cubes or chicken stock. carrots. maybe some meat. lentils are easy.

yes
wat do

eat gradually more fiber-rich foods and you will get used to it. Also you will be farting less after some time.

Lentils are tiny and weak. Why not eat beans?

Don't have too soak, cook faster, nice to have more variety

both the taste and texture are entirely different

WHY NOT BOTH YA DINGUS