Anyone here able to read on their computer? Or is having a web browser one click away always too distracting

Anyone here able to read on their computer? Or is having a web browser one click away always too distracting.

It hurts my eyes

Feels fake and doesn't absorb

Don't listen to archaic plebs with their materialistic values, OP. Pirate and read on your PC in epub format.

I find it hard to take a book serious when I'm reading it on the same screen I use to work the worm.

It was initially, but I got over it.

I read a whole book in browser once then some time later I managed to get half way through a physical copy of it before I realised I'd read it before

it sounds like you're not too good at reading

hey are you from a small eastern european country

My job involves lots of phone calls and lots of sitting around doing nothing so I read like 200 pages a day on the computer

What is the worm?

I do it a lot.
I prefer pdf because I can search in it. That's when it comes to reading on the computer; I still pretty much prefer reading books in meatspace.

it's a microscopic molecule found in potential school shooters

That's because you don't retain as well when reading long works on a screen. I read Call me Cthulhu on a computer a long time ago, and it wasn't until I read it again in print that I actually felt I read the story.

I used to read on my computer a ton back in highschool, but i've transitioned to prefering physical copies. You shouldn't read something that is less entertaining/interesting than what's online.

Beat the meat.

All my textbooks are on my tablet and I do fine.

yea

I'm going to smash my computer with a sledgehammer when I get out of college.

more like vegan flakes

Tug the slug.

what job?

A critter that burrows through muck until it reaches the prostate.

Don't be a luddite. You can read, search, bookmark and listen to epubs in Microsoft Edge.

Use a phone with f.lux or an equivalent. The book fills up the whole screen so there are no distractions and novels don't look that intimidating in bite-size pieces. I'm sure my retention is pretty good, too.

Since this is Veeky Forums, shake the spear

go buy a kindle you poor

Less aesthetic, blue screen light has a negative impact on dopamine levels and disrupts sleep cycles I think. That said I find internetz super useful for finding poetry and readings of it