If I were starting a digital media magazine covering American pop culture (specifically literature, music, films...

If I were starting a digital media magazine covering American pop culture (specifically literature, music, films, politics, etc.), which of these names do you like:
>Zoid Magazine
>The Elder
>The Elderflower Quarterly
>The Great Shark Hunt
>The Portrait American
>The Nation
>The Beatnik
>American Artman
>American Gonzo
>Gonzoid
>Plastic Hippie

These are all bad names.

you should spend some more time thinking about names

Input? Recommendations? What don't you like?

w2c onna those pepsi cans ?

just call it Input

i actually really like that, it's short and sweet. better than anything in the OP, for sure

I don't like any of them.

Off the top of my head I'd suggest "American Sink".

You have a play on "Americans, Inc", highlighting the corporatization of pop culture (or, more accurately, that pop culture is a corporate phenonmenon). You have the idea of a time sink, referencing the way in which pop culture consumption is partly designed to waste peoples' time while charging them for the privilege, and in doing so directing time, money, effort and energy away from challenging the status-quo and the role of political and social elites.

"American Sink" also references America's ongoing decline as a respectable world power.

A sink is also where you cleanse yourself, so you could present the magazine as a cleansing experience involving exposure to only the best of american pop culture.

Sink is a homophone to "sync", suggesting the magazine to be at the cutting edge of cultural news, with which readers can become in sync with the latest trends.

And so on. This name took me 30 seconds to come up with. I relinquish all claims of copyright or whatever it is that would apply. You're welcome.

American Sink = Americans Think

American Sink = American Stink

Sink - Sync - Link

Time Sink.

what would make yours stand out compared to the shitlib opinions already existing about these things

Bro don't take my suggestion and make it worse, that's properly galling.

American History X

Those names suck. Call it Input.

I would be more considerate if this weren't an anonymous board where ideas are stolen daily.

cells

>Gonzorreah

>>The Nation
call it the atlantic

The Nation is taken by a fairly well known publication.

Sound like a cool idea for a digital zine. Let me get in on it.
This is actually a good name.

if you don't use this you are really missing out

Call it 'dermatology of a state'

Zoid Magazine (well, just Zoid) is the best and most unique one you have there. American Gonzo is also pretty good.

National Review

>10164109
all scores are out of 10
>Zoid Magazine
>The Elder
>The Elderflower Quarterly
>The Great Shark Hunt
>The Portrait American
>The Nation
>The Beatnik
>American Artman
>American Gonzo
>Gonzoid
>Plastic Hippie

Bump for input

Will submit something if you call it Input user

Just 'Sink' sounds better imo

I propose this, op:
"KYS"

OP here. This is was more of an experiment than anything else. I put up a list of random, nonsensical names, objectively bad names, names of already established publications, and names that I am actually considering.

Really appreciate the feedback. I think Input is a great name, so thanks to the user who suggested it. Cheers!

interlinked

Literally this. Show, don't tell. "Input" demonstrates originality and that value comes from inside the magazine, not out.

If I were making a maggie though, I'd call it...
"Sulfuric Acid", to reflect the post-industrial nature of our world or something.

Maybe "Sulfuric Sunflowers"

Excuze-moi? What do you mean America is in decline? The 21st century is the American century. America will remain the world's sole superpower for the entire 21st century.