Grocery store has no self-checkouts

>grocery store has no self-checkouts
>park my full cart in the middle of the express checkout lane and fucking leave
anyone else?

>check the line-up of check-out lanes for a self check-out lane on your way INTO the store before beginning to shop
>problem solved
For fuck's sake user

>self checkouts too small/close together for a trolley
>have to go through regular checkout
>cashier is either slow old lady or 15 year old who doesn't know what they're doing

Fuck off autistic frog poster.

Fuck no, not anymore. I did that once and found out the hard way that shit will get you marked by the store jesters across the entire county.

Self checkouts are for people coming in for just shit they can carry in their arms so they can leave quickly. Express is for hand baskets and small carts. Actually lanes are for people buying for the month or something. Don't be an asshole and push your full cart into a self checkout.

self checkout sucks. on a separate note no one really wants 26 cans of about to expire green beans right?

>grocery store has self-checkout
>it closes
What the fuck? If it isn't broken shouldn't it be open? Why does this shit close?

KYS

I go through the checkout just for the small interaction with a qt 15 yo.
Especially when she doesn’t do her shirt up right and I get a little peek of her bra through the gap in her buttons...
Fuck robot self checkouts

based frogposter

>Self checkouts are for people coming in for just shit they can carry in their arms so they can leave quickly.
who says

Stop being poor so you don’t have to ring everything up as bananas.

Full carts in self checkout is just completely unnecessary and retarded, I agree. You're making it easier on yourself to just go to a cashier lane.

>wanting to do someone else's job

self check is a horrible experience
>reads out the price of each item
>keeps reminding you to use your reward's card
>PLEASE RETURN ITEM TO THE BAGGING AREA
>scanning at any fast speed scares the fuck out of the machine
>breaks down ever two customers

PLEASE RETURN ITEM TO THE BAGGING AREA

self-checkouts are only really useful if you want to shoplift and don't want to look suspicious wearing baggy clothes or backpack
why would i waste my time and effort in scanning and bagging shit when wagecucks do it for me?

I never have a problem in self check out,
I think you may be retarded.

>push my cart full of junk food and frozen dinners in the middle of an empty lane and fucking waddle off huffing and puffing to moms car
>anyone else?

Fuck off. The self checkout doesn't judge my purchases like the roastie wagie cashier.

>live in the first world
>scan items using a handset as I shop
>pay and leave instantly

>anyone else
no

Jamal can't steal shit as easily though.

yeah i'll take em

passage of time
also KYS

>I personally never had this problem, so my feeble mind can't comprehend that others might have.

The only retard here is you.

Not him, but you’re definitely the retard if you can’t even use a self checkout.

My favorite is when they have several self-checkout aisles, but none of them is open.

It should be, but it never actually works out that way. People are idiots. It's the same reason they do dumb shit while driving to gain no time or advantage at all, and end up causing all traffic to come to a standstill.

>cute checkout girl at quality foods
>she seems really nice
>always go to her lane even if its the longest
>work up the courage to ask her out
>head over there
>go to checkout
>she isn't there
>she usually is on Tuesdays
>well next time
>haven't seen her in 2 weeks

I think she may have quit. I fucking missed my chance. Kill me.

Checkout girls get hit on all day every day. You never had a chance in the first place.

>I get a little peek of her bra through the gap in her buttons..

I'm terrible at talking to qt grills.
I normally go to the old lady or a self checkout so I don't have a panic attack

>leaving your house for any reason

You know you can just get your groceries online now, right?

>all the lines are long
>go to self check out
>half the shit wont fucking ring up properly and i have to call the attendant
>PLEASE PLACE YOUR ITEM BACK ON THE SCANNER AND THEN PUT IN THE BAG

fucking fuck the self checkout. i think they made them harder to use since they came out desu. i dont remember them being this shitty a few years ago.

The most important part of self check out is the scale in the bagging area feeling the weight of the product youre buying. Whenever you do self checkout with a few items DO NOT put them in the bag. Stack the items directly on the scale surface and bag everything after youve paid.

You shouldn't have too many problems anymore

The main reason they are so terrible is because of the half-assed attempts at stopping shoplifters. The "bagging area" nonsense was probably added in at the last minute because someone finally remembered niggers exist. If you remove all of that, the self-checkout isn't much different than what the wage-slaves use.

you're joking?

ID CHECK REQUIRED

>in regular lane
>customer ahead of me is grandma
>checker is grandma
>they ramble on endlessly about their grandkids
>never use regular lanes again

We dont joke about the grocery store jester.

Self-checkout was great when it first showed up.
Unfortunately within a few months all the niggers figured out they could hold a 20cent pack of KoolAid mix over the barcode of a pack of steaks or chicken and get it for almost nothing. Then the stores had to add scales to the registers.

Im in FL and shop at night because all the Yankee snowbird fucksticks pull this crap if you go doing the day. The worst are all the Jewish NewYorsey cunts who hold up the line at the Publix deli asking for a sample of half a dozen kinds of meat then walk over to the bakery for a roll. They make a sandwich in the store then eat it withouth paying. They also graze on the salad bar before leaving.

>swipe box of german chocolate cake mix in the self check out
>jester comes up
>German? you gonna put that in the oven like your Jews?
>try to explain that it's named after a guy and not the country
>people starting to stare
>switch it out for a white cake mix
>Oh, so it's white or nothing, huh?
>Try to hide my forehead swastika tattoo under the brim of my hat
>drop box of mix, run out

Fucking Jester. Now I can't go back.

>stare at the cunt attendant while it takes her a whole minute to realize someone needs an ID check

>stand in line in regular grocery store
>wait my turn behind other customers
>go to cash and exchange greetings with cashier as she bags my groceries
>pay and leave
anyone else?

>Forgot to tip the qt supermarket greeter again

This. Self-checkouts in my neighborhood are for 10 items or less, and there's a person standing there watching everyone. Even so, the line gets to be about 30 people long for 8 self-checkout stations. Can't imagine how long the wait would be if people brought carts through

That's pathetic as shit, cornering her at her workplace where she can't run away. I hope some Chad standing in line behind you calls you out on your creepiness and saves her the awkward moment of rejecting you in front of a room full of people. I hope he bones her afterwards too.

Wanna know how I know you're a woman?

>Store has no self checkout.
>No cashiers in sight.
>No registers.
>Employees are rude as fuck.
>Realize this is actually someones house.
>Manage to escape with a half eaten chicken carcass.

> self-checkouts
> doing someone else job
> and paying them for it...

I categorically refuse to use them.

>store took out like 5 lanes to put in a self checkout area
>took that out to make a single mile wide "disabled" lane
>nobody uses it ever
>lines are always long as fuck even on slow days because of that and they also have literal downies bagging

>two lanes of self checkout
>one express, one trolley's
>5 chink families with packed trolley's in the express lane
>cut in front of them and don't look behind
no regrets lads

>People tolerate downies touching their food in America

What??

>I can't handle the scrutiny of someone I see as inferior

You're probably sadder and more insecure than most of them.

>at self checkout
>"unexpected item in bagging area"
>wait for an assistant to come over
>no one comes
>wait 10 minutes
>still no one
>leave groceries behind and just go home

why am I so autistic

I'll leave a cart if the store has no humans at checkout. Not doing self-checkout unless they pay me to scan and bag. I'd do the Amazon thing where you just walk out the door.

why do jews do stuff like that?

Ha, this reminds me of the time I would always go and creep on one of the qt checkout girls, she must have got sick of it because eventually I'd go to her checkout and magically one of the guys would open another one just for me, so it felt like my own personal concierge service just for being a creep.

most self checkouts have changed the "bagging area" thing.
you can also mute the voice anyways, so i think you either don't know what youre doing or are exaggerating

>go to self checkout
>in line ahead of me is a baby boomer that is so ill-quipped to handle minor inconvenience that he can't even do the work of teenagers and drug addicts

imagine being too much of a brainlet to use a simple self-checkout

Eat a dick fagwad
Going to the market and chatting up the folks is likely the best part of shopping .... wierd shitty folks do the stupid thing with machines

Being the brainlet who has issues
Actual social issues to where enjoying being social is something negative

I don't live in a flyover shithole where interacting with an uneducated cashier is the highlight of my day

Please
Nignog
Try again

I like to bag and verify the prices of the items I am purchasing at my own pace. Also I spill my spaghetti if the cashier is a qt.

Not buying such an elaborate story
Srry

I'd use self serve checkouts less if the cashiers at my local stores weren't annoying fucks that don't bag cold items together and always end up carelessly dropping my soda in the bag so that it's flat by the time I get home.

Fuck self checkouts. If I don't get a discount I don't use them. They only feel quicker because you don't stand there doing nothing, but really they aren't.

>Forgot to tip the qt supermarket greeter again

People actually tip greeters? What in the fuck.

>park my full cart in the middle of the express checkout lane and fucking leave
But user you're far too beta to do this IRL

>>always go to her lane even if its the longest
you overworked her and made her quit, good think she did it right on time too

not everybody lives in fatlandistan

Shut the fuck up, retard. I'll do what I want, I'm not interacting with anyone unless I have to.

Should of taken your groceries as payment for the inconvenience init

Yeah? Stand in front of me in a self-checkout queue with a cartload of purchases and you'll be interacting with me. You'd soon be wishing for the easy and formulaic interaction of a cashier on autopilot, I tell you what.

>You can't buy groceries online in my country
...Do you live in like, a third-world country or whatever? Have you even heard of ordering online?

Hello, Reddit froggo!
How's your day been?
How are you finding your 'transition' to Veeky Forums?

fuck off hank

Fuck you I'm not going to move all my purchases twice. If the shop isn't going to enable the 'I brought my own bags' option it's their own fault.

>not using the machine to trick the supermarket
I ring up groceries as something else all the time, saves me a lot of money. God bless this dumb computer age

>in america
Stoppit, I probably live next door to the assholes that allow this but I don't subject my own purchases to the molestation of others' hands. I like bagging my stuff in certain ways so it's more convenient to take out and put away at home. also cold with cold, no heavy things on bread, no teenagers throwing my produce in a bag

that's the 9gag gecko dude

>The self checkout doesn't judge my purchases
Being this autistic...christ.

>not filling a cart completely packed with stuff from every single aisle of the store just to leave it in a line out of spite

bagging area is over my flyover friend. the new ones dont have it. they just let you steal

Self checkouts aren't even an option in the places where I shop.

I remember I saw that in a Tesco supermarket on my trip to London, which, mind you, is one of the world's largest and most important cities, last year.
Admittedly, it was in Central London, so that may have had something to with that.
>inb4 we're talking about America here
Your heavily manicured WASP suburb in Southern California is not an accurate reflection of what most of the world is like

>express lane is run by the slowest, chattiest, dumbest old bitch the world has ever known
Why is this always the case? It's the express lane god damn it, stick an asocial aspie there or something.

While I agree with you entirely in principle, I still use the things because I prefer to skip that particular bit of human interaction. Also even if it takes me longer, I prefer to be doing something, rather than standing like a robot at a loose end. Like how you'd prefer to drive a few extra blocks going the long way rather than wait 30 seconds at a red.