Ci sono boards di letteratura più specificatamente orientate a un pubblico europeo...

Ci sono boards di letteratura più specificatamente orientate a un pubblico europeo, o più precisamente che prescindono dal classicismo, considerandolo semplicemente come storico, nozionistico e di formazione?

Dove i classici vengono esplicitamente reinterpretati come se ripresi con una sensibilità più contemporanea?

O più semplicemente c'è un posto dove c'è la consapevolezza e l'umiltà di riconoscersi nati in dato luogo e dato contesto, senza però limitarsi ad esso?

Esistono poliglotti intelligenti? O persone che vogliono diventarlo?

Esiste la consapevolezza che la risorsa intellettuale è di natura scientifica, in particolare medica?

Esistono persone che vedono il vero e che abbiano l'umiltà di riconoscere i propri effettivi limiti senza l'accidiosa ipocrisia di fermarsi ad essi o senza isolarsi privilegiando il proprio patrimonio intellettuale rispetto a tutti?

Se esiste qualcuno o un posto con persone del genere, per favore ditemelo, non le trovo, non lo trovo.

This is an American website. Speak American, pastanigger.

Mio negro, non saprei proprio. Forse in qualche angolo sperduto della rete esiste un forum isolato dal resto dell'internet che non è stato contaminato dalla stupidità generale. Comunque capisco le tue frustrazioni :3

Haven't you started by the Greeks pleb? It shouldn't be too hard to catch what I said with a proper Veeky Forums latin/greek studying, or are ya a newfag?

Oh, you're insecure about your English, I see.

I openly despise it, I openly despise the native speakers using it, for instance, your "backfire" is quite typical.

Your behaviorism is always the same, no matter what niche you get into, if it is English based and with natives of the language it is going to be trash.

Ikr, gr8 backfire of backfire, thanks for noticing, there is not way that writing proper English would make you Veeky Forums.

Aside from Reddit tier Veeky Forums humor, is there anyone else?

why are you looking for such a place anyway? don't you think it would become a shit-show like any other place anyway?
Imagine a place where everybody considers themselves smart and superior. It would be hell.

I talked about humility, I wasn't looking for someone that consider themselves smart.

Acquiring knowledge by origin with a modern sensibility would be enough, it is not going to bring people that consider themselves smart, it is going to bring people aware of certain contexts that I might want to know as well.

Everyone knows that their greater limit is death,
there is no point in being presumptuous about your slightly more intelligent mentality.

It would only be Hell through the eyes of Wittgenstein.

Not if everyone was aware that they were referencing to reality and not actually speaking truths.

Wittgenstain would love my post, like he would have liked how neo\realism was leading to in the 50'.
Objectivity exists if reality is objective and we are objective within reality itself, communication is itself objective, if I hear someone speak and I am the most intelligent and knowledgeable of the listeners, I am going to have a more accurate understanding of the communication.

In this sense who has sensibility of multiple contexts it is going to have a greater understanding.

you make a lot of presumptions about people, given an outlet anybody can become an insufferable cunt.
I've been to such places before, places where there was a consistent amount of people well informed about whatever topic they were speaking of, most of them were talking for the sole motive of feeding their ego and showing off their knowledge in a way that's not meant to help you but just improve their social standing on whatever platform they're on.
Not saying that there aren't exceptions, I've met a couple of friends this way, but overall social media is not worth it. If I were looking to talk to people with my same interests (something I gave up on a long time ago) and having -actually- meaningful conversations, I perhaps would lurk such places in the hope of finding someone that seems cool enough and contact them directly.
I reiterate, social media is not worth it and it's hell.

self-referentiality isn't possible without being grounded in common sense. What you're thinking of as reality is actually just proper ennunciation.

I also would like to add that a place where people know about a considerable amount of art, literature, philosophy, music, film etc. simply does not exist on the internet. Such people do exist but if I were them (which I might be according to some definitions) I would assume from the beginning that such a place would be doomed from the start.

Maybe LessWrong is the only thing that comes to mind but I wouldn't want to be associated with it.

Speak American.

That is not what I was looking for and I specified it.

Those are people that tend to be alone, whether they are presumptuous about their knowledge or they are not, they typically close themselves off, in a way or another.

If you are not making a 'friend' but you are simply bragging about your knowledge, then even in a group of 200 hundreds people you are still alone.

English based sites are the worst context to get into, where complexity is based on references and vocabulary, and not abstraction of thought.

References work with natural sciences because you reference to "objective truths", but otherwise references to prove an argument are always baseless, even more so when I see English people that read a book using '(possibly)' at the end of each argument.

It is not a place you can find easily, I know, especially with what is happening recently worldwide.

But I absolutely want to find it, there is no sense in arguing what is not unscientific, literature should be taken simply as objective knowledge of sensibilities, shared with detailed simplicity.

Detailed because you have to maintain the complexity of the origin of the author, its knowledge and context should be learned.

Simplicity because you shouldn't put yourself in the sharing of such detailed knowledge, unless you think it might be helpful to give your own opinion.

If I didn't deem useless to achieve such knowledge of so many contexts, I would probably seek an academic career in an European country, the only places you could find such people.

look dude, what you're looking for a salon with your few select intellectuals, apart from inventing a time machine to when 8 year olds spoke fluent Latin or making such a place and finding these people yourself I don't know what to tell you.
You won't find people like this in academia right now nor will you find a supposed European aristocracy. Where do you live in Italy? I live in the Netherlands but I've been on the internet for 15 years and I've noticed a lot of these cultured types tend to be Italian (biases aside and considering my very small sample size since I tend to abandon whatever place I join within 2 months), maybe the easiest solution is to look for them near you.

>poliglotti intelligenti
>goes on to be assblasted about English in broken English
Der ganze Faden riecht nach einem eitlen pseudointellektuellen Banause, der kaum was zu einer vernünftiger literarischen Diskussion beitragen könnte, dafür aber enorm eingebildet und überheblich wegen seiner nullachtfünfzehn Liceo-Classico-Ausbildung ist. Sprachenkentnisse allein sind wertlos und deine unbegründete Arroganz ist lächerlich, vor allem in Anbetracht der mangelden Englishkenntnisen, welche schon für Jens aus Hintertüpfingen schämlich wäre, geschweige denn für jemanden mit solch einer unglaublich hohen Selbsteinschätzung.

Fortunatamente hai risposto in una delle lingue che riesco più o meno a leggere, oltre al fatto che avevo specificato ovunque che l'intelligenza non veniva determinata dalla cultura, infatti ho parlato di umiltà e presunzione.
Non ho mai voluto studiare inglese in termini di letteratura e non è mai stata mia intenzione dimostrare alcuna mia particolare capacità della conoscenza di qualsiasi cosa.

Se quello che dici, lo dici con l'animo che intendi esprimere nel modo in cui scrivi allora sei tu ad avere la presunzione di capire chi io possa essere.
In realtà il mio percorso scolastico è stato insignificante e ho fatto una scuola professionale nel 93.

I like broken English by the way.
I also think that Herzog was heavily influenced by Popol Vuh in making Aguirre and he is a baseless retard, don't you agree?
Let's be friend stupid biased literate pleb.

What I am looking for is just a bunch of people with a modern sensibility that are studying a specific contexts culturally.

Like our German fag here, everyone seem to think English is culturally important only because it has an economical importance.
The fag can't probably even read basic neuroscience in English.
Anyway, now that we all agree that I almost never touched a book written in English, but I only use it for reading subtitles or for science, can we go on?

For instance.

If a random guy was studying Chinese and Chinese cinema and he had a contemporary sensibility and bound to study the language and learn of it

I pressed enter by mistake.
tl;dr

If someone studies a language and culture he can easily help another person to understand it, that is where the "modern sensibility" is coming from.

Otherwise one could simply gather people from different countries that are simply studying the culture of their own country.

Pseudo intellettuale.
Easy word, actually you are the pseudo intellectual if you think you are using a word that is hard to grasp.

Jesus, it's just pseudo plus intellectual, are you retarded?
You might be slightly literate my German fag but you surely are retarded, which is way worse for a German to be.

You are calling me what I don't give a fuck to be, my reasoning is filled up with swearing and insults, I am not a classicist and I am not trying to be, get cucked

Also, you missed the point entirely.

Everyone is so fired up for a reason or another, simply because they can read behaviors and not actual reason to what I say.

Not only you completely failed in your attempt to make a pseudo intellectual out of me, but underlining my non existent presumptuousness you underline yours because you tried to make presumptions over me which aren't true.

It is laughable, look at me, do I sound well behaved?
Do I sound like I want a bunch of hipsters, I pointed out with abstract terms exactly that I didn't want those sort of people.

Do I have to make a list of people I don't want to make you understand what I meant?

Because I actually like em all, they're cute.

>a bunch of people with a modern sensibility that are studying a specific contexts culturally
This is called academia.
>everyone seem to think English is culturally important
It is enormously culturally important both intrinsically and in context of modern intercultural communication. Your irrational aversions and subjective prejudices are irrelevant.
>umiltà e presunzione
>if it is English based and with natives of the language it is going to be trash.
>random cinematographic/music reference showoff
>stupid slightly literate fag fuck retarded cucked
You sound like a very insecure and slightly dim person. Maybe work on that before looking for your enlightened objectivist club.

If you graduated in '93 I suppose you are much older than me and I'm almost 30.
If you have not found what you're looking for from other people how do you expect somebody from an anime image board with an userbase of an average age of 20 to tell you?
Clearly Veeky Forums is not the best place to discuss this, most people are here because they are antisocial.
Apart from what I already told you, I don't really know what else to say.

also, Herzog is entry-level. Lurk /tv/ more.

It is important in the scientific field and I specified it, I also specified that the scientific field is the only important thing, which doesn't mean that English is important as a language, it is important as a mean.

Like it is important for reading subtitles, looking for movies or books in other languages and to help yourself translate them, in case you don't have time to learn an entire new language.

You don't read everything I say.

Culturally, the countries which are important are countries that have studied a lot of cultures and made a lot of connections culturally.

America is relatively new, England was based on commerce, like now it is based on service.

I am sorry, culturally it is not as important as a China, Italy, Japan, Germany, simply because these people whether they were under a noble or under some other fag always had the idealism of worldwide culture.

Even if it was important it would be equally important to any other language.
So yeah, if you seriously believe that culturally it is important your brain is damaged or you are simply American, English or you spent your life studying English and can't accept you kind of wasted your time in the eyes of PERFECT CULTURE FOR DIEUBERMANNSHCHs

Sorry, I was born in 93.
I was thinking about something else when I was writing.
It was a comment on Popol Vuh, I know Herzog is entry level, I specified why Aguirre was an exception
Popol vuh is also an entry level, considering it is German progressive rock.
But when a pseudo intellectual German speaks, I reply with what he knows, can't talk about specific post rock 2nd wave pieces, besides they'd be pretty old stuff 2010, I stopped listening to music 5 years ago.

>America is relatively new
And exudes enormous cultural influence.
>England was based on commerce, like now it is based on service.
How is UK's economy even pertinent to discussion of culture? England was and is an amalgamation of different European cultures and one of the main progenitors of what we today call the Western civilization.
>PERFECT CULTURE FOR DIEUBERMANNSHCHs
There's no need for edgy /pol/-tier straw men, I never surmised Anglo culture was in any way superior or indeed compared it to other European cultures at all. I merely pointed out that it is valuable and crucially important in modern world and your denialism is completely unfounded, particularly considering your insistence on intellectual honesty and presumption-free reasoning.
>culturally it is not as important as
It is. Again, involving your personal prejudice while insisting on honesty is quite weird.

I think I stopped following you a few posts ago user, this conversation is becoming slightly surreal and you sound pretty autistic (no offense)
You have to realize this is the most pretentious board on an imageboard filled with anime nerds and you shouldn't take it very seriously. There are enough good threads here where you can learn something, just take it easy.

Is this some kind of elaborate bait? You sound like an insane teenage pseud high on sniffing his own farts. Hell, even underage /mu/ obscurefags manage to be more self-aware than this absolute autofellatory tripe.

>I want a special club where modest and self-conscious people have non-prejudiced intellectual discussion in search of truth instead of flashing their knowledge
>goes on to sperg the whole thread about everyone being dumb illiterate hipster faggots unworthy of his genius and his 2eleet4u musical tastes

nope, everyone is offending without reading the whole thread because muh can't read this guy he's too cringey, I just sperged specifically to each post, not generally as a spergmaster, like I am sperging with you, I do not have peculiar taste in music I said I stopped listening to music 5 years ago, and again someone read partially a post.

sure it is relevant to understand the modern world politically and economically because it is influential, they are still shit culturally, as in they don't start from the greeks in the way Europe does, by studying latin/greek, then proceed to study languages related to their field of study fully.

There are exceptions, Joyce for instance

Ireland is close enough to England am i rite