youtube.com/watch?v=m070TRaKff8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've never heard anyone say "suckratees" or "aristoetuhl"

perks of being able to speak one language in your entire life

>different languages have different phonemics
Woah. Ebyn.

>Suck-rat-ees
>Aris-toe-tuhl
That isn't how those are pronounced in English.

>Albert Camoo
>John Pawl Sart
>Show-pen-how-or
>Keer-keh guard
>Ni-shii

>not Lou-ee
>not nah-poh-leh-oohn

how else are you supposed to pronounce play-doh?

Yet many different peoples are able to pronounce words from other languages properly. It's only Anglos who are dumb as shit.

Norwegian here. I can pronounce pretty much any word without butchering it.

Why would our superior Anglo civilization give a fuck about pronouncing words from other languages correctly?

say vine

>who are the japanese
I literally heard an asian guy say "Rord of the Fries" out loud in a bookstore once.

All the languages adopt foreign terms to their native phonetics, you sound like a clueless tard.

>superior

>biggest idiot population per capita despite having access to education programs
>government controlled by the interests of big companies
>30% of population hooked on dope
>massive political corruption
>unhinged degeneracy that either spreads like aids to neighboring third world countries or enables the subsequent corruption of them and sometimes even has an active role in shitting on them
>people commit mass murder for pure pleasure, revenge, or cathargic release from being bullied or denied something they feel is their birthrate
>easily swayed by propaganda and effective rhetoric
>citizens and recently, their president celebrate "liberty" but denounce it when they don't like it
>every person has consumed too much pleb fiction, and see themselves as actors to a world that owns them something

>Πλάτων
>Play-do
Ok.

Platone bombolone culatone

>waaugh waaugh this thing isn't perfect and without any faults
That's the cost of greatness, friendo. Meanwhile what has your oversized oil-pumping village of a country given the world besides 3.5 half-decent authors, a mediocre componist and run-of-the-mill mathematician? That's right. Now sit down, shut up and keep consuming Anglo imports, fjordnigger.

>Delouze

They gave us this

youtube.com/watch?v=m070TRaKff8

>GURRR-TURR

I'm not arguing about the "imperfectness" of a society. I'm talking about clear indications that a society is fucking retarded. To talk about the merits of individuals as if they were achievements of your country talks volumes about how stupid you and your cancerous ilk have. Hurry up and get nuked by North Korea please.

this post is honestly vexxing
i don't know if you're a retard or being satirical

the only thing that norwegians are good at is surrendering to the g*rmans

>To talk about the merits of individuals as if they were achievements of your country
Kek, this level of brainletism. Collective body of works and deeds of individuals belonging to a culture *are* the achievments of that culture. And yes we are talking about cultures and not countries as political constructs as you ever so intelligently attacked the "Anglo civilization". Now back to your cave to munch on that delicious bleached fish of yours, worthless mountainjew.

>Kek, this level of brainletism. Collective body of works and deeds of individuals belonging to a culture *are* the achievments of that culture

It's funny how you mistake this for an argument, my sensationalist nigger. Pretty sure you belong in the donald.

>Not an argument.
>the donald
Oh, the ironing.

>pronounciation of names changes based on the language you're speaking
wow ameriturds never seize to amaze

Languages have different sound sets and pronunciation systems, so yes it will change. Even if you think you're pronouncing it the same there are likely differences. Since this thread is about ancient Greek names, do you pronounce them with a pitch accent? Do you make the correct distinction between aspirated and nonaspirated consonants? Are the vowels the correct length? Etc.

>he replied with a non argument to my non argument that was based on my fee fees
Keep lacking self awareness my anglo subhuman friendo

I am talking about the ability per se, not whether you should do it or not.

>get told
>autistically repeat "not an argument"
Great stuff there, discounter Dane.

>the ability per se
What, because of the great vowel shift? You think people here can't pronounce "a" as "ah"? The fuck are you even talking about?

Fucking hell Scandinavians are the most unbearable and narcissistic people on the planet.

Soccer trees.

Play dough.

Air is turtles.

>Norwegian here. I can pronounce pretty much any word without butchering it.
Russian here. No, you certainly can't.

>The fuck are you even talking about?
Your inability to pronounce words without adding an Anglo twist to the pronunciation.

>says another triggered Anglo
kek

Yes, I can.

Not Russian here no you can't

>Your inability to pronounce words without adding an Anglo twist to the pronunciation.
Everyone short of people with speech impediments can pronounce anything correctly and accent free with enough training. Go back to contrarian brainlet board you crawled out of.

>implying I'm anglo

>Yes, I can.
ერთსა კაცსა ბლისკინელსა, ბლის კალათით ბლის ხიდზედა ბალი გააქვს და გამოაქვს.

>commie newspeak
you're a joke

>seize to amaze
>seize
>SEIZE
fuckingdying.exe

Cease this amusement at once and help him seize his dictionary

Like a piece of shit like you had any sort of merit from other people's achievements

Even Danish words?

man, i really can't resist replying to this
try polish or russian or mandarin or any non-scandi or latin-based language and i guarantee you'll have issues my friend

how DARE English have different vowels! muh white civilizashun! REEEE MUDSLIMES!11

Nobody who pronounces 'oe' properly does it that harshly. Either they butcher it and say 'goat-tay' or do it well enough

Sock'ra'tease

Play'toe

Air'is'tot'ill

That's not true, I pronounce them:

>So-creits
>Plæ-do
>Air-i-statl

uhhhh... how do you pronounce boethius

Bow'ee'theeus

Burr-toe

buhtius

The "o" and "e" are separate letters and not a digraph, so you will sometimes see it written with a diaeresis over the "e". Anyway, it's pronounced "boh-EE-thee-uhs". In its alternate spelling, Boetius, it's pronounced "boh-EE-shuhs".

Bow-cious. Like bootylicious, except it wasn't his booty but rather his bow that was -cious.

Pity you can't prounounce 'please don't invade and rape and pillage my country Abdul'

>sow-ts-ray-tess
>plaw-tow
>aw-rees-tawt-lee

Scandi living in England...any Norweigians or Swedish with a soul leave the place as soon as they can. Its such a dour, dead culture. Scandinavia is a picture of the future for other western cultures, theres no religion, no culture, no anything, just this weird sense of superiority mixed with self hatred.

ungabungthius

It's Platon. Not Plato.

I just pronounce it the way it's spelled. For instance I pronounce Goethe as "GOH-ETH-EE" and I pronounce Foucault as "FOH-CULT", Camus as "CAME-US", and Nietzche as "KNEE-ETS-CHAY". If you want me to pronounce it "correctly" you're going to have to spell it in a way I understand, otherwise I don't see why I'm obligated to pronounce it "correctly". No one can tell me that my pronunciation is wrong, because language is a social construct and your way of pronouncing things is no more valid than mine is.

>Norwegian here. I can pronounce pretty much any word without butchering it.
LMAO I have a ton if Norwegian friends and the best you guys can do is stick to other germanic languages with ease. Romantic and Indo-European languages are a complete miss for you nerds. Also why tf are there so many Norskis in Veeky Forums? fy faen

I doubt anyone pronounces them as the actual individuals themselves would have so who cares. Those words are English words when spoken in English, they are altered to fit the language that adopts them. Same as any other language. All languages have lots of loan-words too, fucking Japanese almost solely consists of it.

Some phonetics are more correct than others

no

It boggles my mind, why have anglos turned Platon into Plato and Aristoteles into Aristotle?
It doesn't make any sense

Also:
Σωkράτης = /sɔː.krá.tɛːs/
Πλάτων = /plá.tɔːn/
Ἀριστοτέλης = /a.ris.to.té.lɛːs/

From French. In Swedish we still retain the s ending, though not the -n on Platon.

>Spanish got it right
Feela good

/bo'etʰius/
Classical Latin master race.

>err-suh may-jer

I just love how anglos are too scared to pronounce Kant correctly.

>cathargic

I don't understand, are you implying that *no* Anglophones are capable of correct pronunciation of non-English words? Because that's as retarded as saying that *all* non-Anglophones are capable of perfectly pronouncing *all* non-English words.

>virgil
>ovid
>livy
>horace
Why cant anglos use the proper latin names?

boëtius

>theres no religion, no culture, no anything
sounds more like you have no friends

>verr-jill
>not wergilius
>ou-vid
>not owidius
>livy
>not li:wius
>horace
>not horatius

Truly, the most pleb of all languages.

>takitus becomes tassituhs

So-Crates

>see-say-raw

>kike-ay-ro

Are they such brainlets that they have to make the E in Cicero into an AY and to O into an OU? Just say kikero, Jesus Christ.

>mfw people use the anglo /ɹ/ instead of /r/ when speaking in latin or greek
Why is it so hard for anglos to do the normal and correct r? Instead they do the fucking special needs r which sounds just like a w with the tongue way back in the mouth

Truly, the anglo must be the most dimwitted race of man this planet has yet to discover.

Cicero coittaa celloa.

Aika näppärä

I took an undergraduate metaphysics course once. This fat nerd with a ponytail who was always yelling for some reason kept pronouncing Plato as "Plah-toe", and every time he did the prof would wince

Pronounce ICUP

So with the n is it play-tone or play-tun or play-tahn

>he doesn't understand IPA
plah-tohn

>undergraduate metaphysics

I know it's play so if you could just give me the correct second syllable we can bot be off, or you can beat off, it doesn't really matter

Why are Greeks so sensitive about their past? Is it because their present is defined by poverty, antifa and being 80% Arab?

Pronounce διεφθαρμένος without fucking it up please, without looking it up.

>outright make up weird pronounciations that only retards and children use
>LOL Anglos are so stupid
God I wish the Americans would have carpet bombed Europe, or at least helped us keep parts of it for ourselves after WWII. The Russians did it fine in eastern Europe and would probably still control those countries if it wasn't for the communism. Just imagine how much better this world would be if France and Italy and all those other yuro shitholes were our territory and not independent countries that thought it was okay to trash us.

Sounds like some parts of California. Fortunately they just got hit by a huge fire.

How come you didn't get anything right, being so superior to Greeks?