My Kobo Glo HD comes in the mail today. What's the first thing I should do with it?

My Kobo Glo HD comes in the mail today. What's the first thing I should do with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O7FuyPwc7Iw
youtube.com/watch?v=K_JNHvrLBiM
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Break it over your knee and buy an actual book -- preferably one on how to commit suicide -- for the aesthetics meme.

Only kidding, friend. Project Gutenburg is terrific for free e-books. Don't download anything illegally, though; it is a sin.

This OP. Don't buy books illegally, respect intellectual property

read a book on it?

I mean, should I really install Koreader? What do I need to do to transfer my Kindle purchases to it (I have Calibre, can I import my Kindle books into it and then use the DRM-stripping tool or am I missing a detail?)? I'm getting it used so is hard to factory reset it and set it up for myself? What should I do to protect it/transport it until I get my case? Also any other tricks/hacks that are recommended.

Don't tell me what to do.

you could replace the 4 GB SD card in the hidden slot inside the hardware with a larger one (32 GB) and moving the partition to the new one using a partition program

youtube.com/watch?v=O7FuyPwc7Iw

oops wrong video

youtube.com/watch?v=K_JNHvrLBiM

this
also

I thought about that but it seems like an unnecessary idea unless I start putting a lot of manga and doujinshi on it.

Load the entire Delphi Classics catalog on it and proceed to read science fiction from the hidden folder.

>don't BUY books ilegally
ayy lmao

>respect intellectual property
80% of the great books are public domain. those which are not, can suck my dick

IT DIDN'T COME TODAY I'M PISSED

Buy books from authors who are alive and whom you respect. Pirate everything else.

Is there any advantage to a Kobo over a kindle?

If I buy one of these, can I put my kindle books on It? Or am I just fucked?

You've been cucked by the chosen ones unfortunately.

Start with the greeks

I just got done figuring out how to add my Kindle books and convert them in calibre. It's not too hard.
Download an older version of the Kindle Windows application. Download your cloud books. Download Calibre, download the DRM removal plugin (do a Google search), download any related Kindle plugins in Calibre's plugin menu, import your Kindle books, convert them. Done.
Not tied down to Amazon store, can read just about any damn format imaginable.

>Not tied down to Amazon store, can read just about any damn format imaginable.
You can just convert any ebook using calibre. Is there any advantage to using the other formats?

Oh and if syncs with Pocket so you can quickly read articles you save. I'm looking forward to using that.
The tradeoff is you can't send books to your Kobo via email like Kindle can. You have to sideload them.
I guess just one less step of having to convert ebooks that you pirate.

>respect intellectual property
Sorry but I trademarked that phrase. You owe me money.

ok

post your bank account and routing number and i'll send it to you