This shit sucks. It better start getting good

This shit sucks. It better start getting good.
So far it's over-sentimental and the conflicts are dull.
Reads like some humble-narcissist's diary. It was given to me by a teenage girl, go figure.

It's sad and sentimental all the way through, but it's really a story of finding a light at the end of a grief-ridden tunnel. I enjoyed it, and besides, it's pretty short. I finished it in a day so just try to get through it

I think it's actually just about to get more "real" and less teenage naivety so we'll see. But, the first 100 pages had me thinking I'm 10 years too old / 10 years too jaded to be reading it.

I enjoyed it, I read it a couple of years ago while I was an uni student.

Yup, have this exact edition OP.

I had high hopes, but just found it long winded, slow moving and depressing.

I started reading Hemmingway after this piece of shit, now there's a good writer. Maybe you should read some of his stuff

Finished bell tolls before I started this actually.

How old were you read it? I read south of the border, which is similar to norwegian wood I think, when I was about 18 and it felt better then.

I think I'm just too old for this kind of shit now. The goings ons of uni students and the immaturity of their thoughts on sex and relationships is very uninteresting at this point.

I didn't like it. Only part that was good was with the old man and the cucumbers (an alternative hemingway title...?)
Don't let it stop you from reading wind-up bird and kafka on the shore, those books are actually good--now inexorable parts of the undulating, electric, instant, web of light and meaning I futilely defend against the disorder and call my brain...while it's still around!

Yes, this book in particular seems much different and inferior to his other works. Ironic considering this book is his claim to fame.

I liked it a lot. But I also consider myself to be more sentimental and in tune with that kind of conflict when they appear in fiction. I always like a book where the protagonist has to deal with the inability to fix issues outside of his control, hence problems other people have but that they wish could be solved.

I have read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, and just finished A Wild Sheep Chase. Enjoyed both very much. My local library has 1Q84, Wind/Pinball, and Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki. Which should I go for next?

read Kafka on the Shore next

"It was given to me by a teenage girl, go figure"
Handjobs

>Hemmingway
>not Hemmmingway

top kek

Colorless is good. More like NW, but I found it more interesting. 1Q84 is lit af but long too.

Whoa weird, me too
and i was planning on reading this next

pls no bully

What? I was being serious

You sound unironically autistic

1Q84 was fucking garbage, tf are you on about?

>murakami will win a nobel
>he writes YA

Probably am. But, why in your opinion?

I just went to my local library that had those same murakami books in stock and took out 1q84.

>Hemmingway after this piece of shit, now there's a good writer. Maybe you should read some of his stuff
Are these newfags or am I a pretentious cunt

I read it a year ago, it left a benchmark in my life, but I don't think it had anything to do with the quality of the book.

I read it alongside my best friend and at the time we both fell in love with a girl whose older sister commit suicide, so, it was kinda awesome.

Sadly none of us get to anything with the girl, partly because of autism and partly because the girl was a basket case. We even named her the unfuckable

I read it a year ago, it left a benchmark in my life, but I don't think it had anything to do with the quality of the book. I read it alongside my best friend and at the time we both fell in love with a girl whose older sister commit suicide, so, it was kinda awesome.

Sadly none of us get to anything with the girl, partly because of autism and partly because the girl was a basket case. We even named her the unfuckable

>''''''Japanese''''' literature
>Fucking Murakami of them all
Its like eating shit and then wondering why it tastes like it just came out someone's asshole

how did you get a teenage girl to give you books

It's alright, but typical Murakami

>main character is misunderstood boy who is intelligent, rich and "average looking" who always gets girls attention

100% agree

This

Is it a racist? Or is it just something with shit taste?