ITT: we laugh at people who bought this translation of plato's republic

ITT: we laugh at people who bought this translation of plato's republic

I'll start: HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

w-what's wrong with it?

>tfw when you only download ancient texts online and always end up with the 100+ year old translations

damn

that title makes me cringe

that book needs to fucking go

it should not be a translation of the republic - not with that bs. op if it weren't for you i wouldn't have known it was a translation & i would've thought it was Just his interpretive essay.

goddd

fuck you allan bloom
I HATE YOU. how the fuck dare you put your name in almost as big of a font as PLATO, and THEN fucking dare to butcher the title like that?!

aaaa;sldjf;alskdjf;lksajdf;lkasjdf;lkj burn them all! :'(

wow

and he even fucking had to add his shit 'the closing of the american mind' "ALSO AUTHOR OF"

please tell me this is photoshop, what a fucking nightmare this is ?! jk i'm being overdramatic :* no srs.

/stream of consciousness

that book better be 10 times the republic otherwise it doesn't deserve to exist. i'll not judge until it's read. but wow :'( fuck you. this is NOT. a translation. that entire thing HAS to be his fucking analysis.

fyi i'm not this worked up so chill :) it's prob the espresso inside me

inb4 anyone tries to reply to me.

You don't read Greek do you?

γελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάωγελάω

user I think that you
>inb4 anyone tries to reply to me.
damn... nevermind

w-what about this translation

ITT: Americans learn what Grammatical cases are for the first time.

fuck i wasted this caffeine high roasting allan bloom

can a mod please ban me? okay i'm banning me NOW!

You fucking idiot, it's the only good translation in English.

>He doesn't own the Hackett edition of Plato's complete works

always get the jowett version

>that picture
Took me a minute but then I lol'd.

heh heh

Underrated post

I'd buy this edition.

Frankfurter's...

not as bad as Badiou's translation

Shouldve got the Desmond Lee

hot

>tfw you can't hack it