So I just went to NYC for the first time and the meme is true, NYC Mexican food really is amazing

So I just went to NYC for the first time and the meme is true, NYC Mexican food really is amazing.

My airbnb was in Bushwick (awesome neighborhood by the way) and I ate a lot of Mexican food since there was a lot around, and it's convenient and relatively expensive. Goddamn it was good, it was the highlight of my trip as far as culinary stuff goes. I also bought a churro from a cute Mexican lady on the subway.

And yeah that neighborhood is interesting, it's a weird mix of Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Hipsters, as well as some black folk closer to the J train. Lots of hot hipster girls and Latinas walking around.

I plan on returning to New York in a few months, any spots (especially Mexican, but I'm open to everything) to check out? I hear the Mexican population in NYC is mainly from Puebla and Oaxaca so I'd love to try some regional stuff.

I wonder where the idea that NYC doesn't have good Mexican food comes from, it must be from either flyovers who don't know anything about NYC, or fat stoners who want Taco Bell tier food.

I thought this was a stupid thread the first time you posted it. I guess you really were just trolling.

I'm not trolling, I just fell asleep after I made the thread last time so I didn't get to discuss anything

It was a shit thread and was saged to death, fuck off

it lasted pretty long actually

I only stay in Manhattan and don't know any good Mexican places

>So I just went to NYC for the first time and the meme is true, NYC Mexican food really is amazing.

compared to what? Mexican food in California? Mexican food in Mexico? Mexican food in North Dakota? Mexican food is the same everywhere.

Los Tacos 1 and Los Mariscos 1 in the Chelsea Market

stop spamming the same thread

meant for

I go to NYC a lot but usually just stay in Manhattan. There's an ok place in Harlem called Tacomix that has pretty good al pastor but otherwise I haven't been impressed with Mexican in Manhattan.

Los Mariscos 1 is in Manhattan and it's fucking amazing

What's the name of that critically acclaimed Oaxacan place in Corona? I'm in the mood for some good Mexican food and want to go right now

tried it, wasn't particularly impressed with it. Can make better aguachile at home for cheaper.

You don't know what good Mexican food tastes like.
t. Texan dating a second gen latina

chicanas know more about McDonald's and Cheetos than good Mexican food

see

I had the fish tacos and a fish ceviche and I really enjoyed it.

What are the best 24 hour Mexican places in NYC? I want some Mexican food right now

not necessarily. I don't think them being Mexican descended makes them experts on Mexican food automatically, but they often have a lot of knowledge on Mexican food.

I don't think you've ever met one then if you actually believe this. They eat menudo every sunday, and make every meal from scratch. Last time I was over it was taco lenguas with homemade tortillas.

Yeah if their parents are Mexican immigrants then of course they'll be familiar with authentic Mexican food

>
I'm mexican myself

We already had this shitty thread

Mexican in Mexico? How would you know about what Chicanas in the US eat? I live in New York and I'm friends with a few Mexican/Mexican-American chicks, they all eat very ethnic Mexican dishes at home.

bump

lived in nyc for 10 years. the mexican food is not good here, don't believe the nonsense. if you want the good shit, go to texas, new mexico arizona or california

i used to live 2 blocks from your pic related. such a shitty neighborhood. NYC should be nuked immediately.

t. professional playdough artist

You don't know what you're talking about, or you're a fat stoner who wants Taco Bell tier shit.
Yet your redneck ass can't afford to live there

babbys first big city trip, he loved the chalupas

>tfw just got my first jerb working in the city
any places worth checking out near broadway and 37th?

Are you implying that's what New York Mexican food is? Because that's not even close to the truth

There are a bunch of pretty good Korean places on 32nd if you walk down broadway. Bonchon is nearby too and it's pretty good. Otherwise mostly chain stuff in midtown.

if ive never had korean food what should i look to order first

Kimbap is like sushi but with sesame oil in the rice and usually cooked meat instead of fish
Soondubu jigae is a spicy tofu soup
Bibimbap is stuff over rice, if you get it in a stone pot it's crispy on the bottom
Budae Jigae is army stew, basically all the stuff American soldiers left behind in a stew
Kimchi is kimchi

Woorijip on 32nd street is like a deli where you can pick up stuff to go or eat in. Get some kimbap

You can find good foreign cuisine in pretty much any city where there are enough immigrants from said foreign country.

How is that surprising? People take their cooking knowledge with them and pass it on to their kids.

That's true.

If you live near Flushing, Northern Blvd. has lots of Korean food.

I live in Brooklyn and I want to eat a Mexican girl's ass so badly. I see a lot of cute ones in my neighborhood