The number 1 reason to buy a cast iron pan is that you never have to wash it

The number 1 reason to buy a cast iron pan is that you never have to wash it.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=a5NbQwzwUTw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

or maybe you stop making shit threads

You have to use oil retard

"no"

Yeah you fucking oil it and you never have to clean it, fucking plebs!

I STRAIGHT UP SOLVED THIS HERE DILEMMA.

Y SEE, I DID BUY A CAST IRON ASS PAN THAT GOT FULL OF CRUSTY SHIT AND I WASN T ALLOWED TO CLEAN IT OTHERWISE THE VOODOO OF THE PAN (because it s a nigger pan) WOULD.JINX ME TO NEVER LAY WITH A WOMAN, REGARDLESS OF SPECIES, EVER AGAIN.

SO I WENT TO THE LOCAL THRIFT SHOP, AND BOUGHT ME A CHEAP ASS PAN THAT I DOUSED WITH SPRAY OIL UNTIL IT BECAME A FIRE HAZARD. EVERY TIME I FINISH COOKING, I SCRAPE EVERYTHING OFF OF IT, AND WASH IT. THEN I CAN PUT IT IN MY CUPBOARD, NOT LIKE THAT NASTY ASS CAST IRON PAN THAT IS CONSTANTLY FILTHY.

I DID BUY AND ULTRAVIOLET LAZER TO KILL THE BACTERIA ON IT THOUGH, BUT IBJUST ENDED UP ACCIDENTALLY STERILIZING MYSELF.

Cast iron pans are a shit-tier meme. Plebs love them

I know this is a shitpost meant to trigger the cast iron master race but heres how to clean this:
>run hot water in sink
>heat up pan until it begins smoking
>scrape under hot running water

The water turns to steam and btfo's anything on the pan. Dont forget to reseason:)

I would give you a upboat friend, but you should never run water over a hot pan :(

>never run water over a hot pan

That's why the water has to be hot, so there's not much temperature change in the iron.

I am considering taking my cast iron pan to the gun range and using it as a target.
Anybody know up to what calibre a cast iron pan can stop?

7.62x39 destroyed my military surplus steel helmet, but that shit was tiny.

That's brain dead retarded

You have to use more oil compared to using a non-stick pan

why not? assuming there is nothing in it

>calibre

Nice larp, Britbong. You can't even own guns

m.youtube.com/watch?v=a5NbQwzwUTw
Literally takes 2 minutes

What's wrong with calibre? It's the best way to read ebooks.

Do people seriously not know how to take care of cast iron or is this a meme I just don't care about?
You can wash cast iron, you just have to reseason
It's not hard, just wash pan, put it on stove, heat it up, rub some oil in there
And then re-season fully if you fuck that up
I've had cast iron for years and I can't believe people still don't just use cast iron

this guy makes me so happy

>abuse or neglect tool
>tool doesn't work as intended

Imagine that.

What a dumb fucking thing to say

I'd be worried about ricochet to be honest. But I'd assume it will stop up to 7.62x51, but I'd also expect it to crack in half from the force. Do it and post on /k/ for science.

Someone has already done this - take a look on YouTube.

Every calibre perforated it; cast iron is brittle.

You still need to was them lightly.

You literally do not.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU FUCKING TROLLS: PROPERLY SEASON IT AND IT'S ALL GOOD. AFTER YOU ARE DONE COOKING JUST PUT IT IN THE FUCKING DISHWASHER. WALA CLEAN PAN READY TO COOK

Have a (you) for making me chuckle.

Theres no getting through to them, user. Teflon fumes have already given them brain damage.

kek

Why is cast iron superior to stainless steel on a gas range?

You can easily control the temperature on stainless steel and they can be just as non stick if seasoned properly.

If anything it's easier to cool them by just turning the heat down.

>get metal spatula
>scrape once with it

fucking wa la

*scrubs cast iron pan clean with steel wool*

Why does is it seem like I can never properly season my cast iron pans? I buff the fuck out of the oil, but they always seem to come out with an unseasoned/sticky "streak" somewhere in the middle.

gas range is superior
cast iron is superior
it just makes sense

Cast iron is superior to stainless for some applications, and inferior for others.

Cast iron makes good frypans, although the French actually prefer carbon steel for omelette/crepe pans (traditionally these were wrought iron). Stainless frypans are inferior because they have a lower heat capacity, and a propensity to warp.

Griddles are generally cast iron for the same reason. The Chinese will tell you that the very best woks are cast, as well. The downside is that they are extremely brittle.

Iron doesn't work so well for sauté pans because it's heavy and unwieldy. It's also reactive and will discolor acidic foods (like anything with tomatoes). Tinned copper is really the best thing for sauté pans, as well as saucepans, stockpots, etc. You just can't beat copper's heat transfer. Unfortunately, it's very expensive. Stainless with a copper or aluminum core in the base is a cheaper alternative.

Enameled cast iron is also really good for stewing/braising, where heat retention is more important than heat transfer, and where the wet cooking method makes up for iron's tendency toward hot spots.

Its true & you have never hear anyone say, “ i would rather have an electric range and stainless pan.”

Bought a copper-ceramic pan for fun and despite potential toxicity this shit is no scam.

Obviously you don't want to be cooking overly acidic things in it for health concerns, or scraping metal across it, but you can heat those fuckers up and they're non-stick as hell. And I hate cleaning other pans so it's nice to be able to spend all of 15 seconds on one even if I've charred a ribeye.

Obviously I use a steel pan for bone-in; no point scratching smooth surfaces.

>the French actually prefer carbon steel for omelette/crepe pans

Restaurateurs are practical folks, they prefer Teflon and ply stainless. Unless it's an open kitchen and they are trying to look old timey.

Tradition is for the front end ... a Michelin star kitchen doesn't give a shit about the cost of tinned copper, the sheer unpracticality of it killed it.

Um ok, but you do.

it warps the pan making it a lump of iron garbage over time that cooks everything unevenly

if you want to get anal about it, wipe oil on then wipe it all off again. takes about 10 coats to get started

This post almost triggered me. OP was somewhat successful, and he is surely a faggot.

>pulls lil bits of wire out of eggs
>cures my anemia

>1/8" of hot water will damage a hot cast iron pan

Seriously, m8? Putting in room-temperature meat probably causes more stress to the pan than a tiny layer of water. Cast iron pans are thicc for a good reason.

so dishwasher is ok but water melts cast iron and needs season