Is the "save a glass of boiling starchy water" thing when cooking pasta a meme?

is the "save a glass of boiling starchy water" thing when cooking pasta a meme?

Fuck no dude, you save starch water in a big designated container just like you save bacon grease. You do save bacon grease... right?

>saving bacon grease
why would I do that??
gross...

Heh, the local plumbing company is gonna have lots of fun with you, boy.

Ah, I get it, but I just don't eat bacon

You don't get your pipes clogged like that other guy said. You can also fry stuff in it later, instead of using butter or oil, which saves money and makes for tastier food.

If you don't fry bacon, at least save up your chicken/turkey grease from roasting to use as a frying fat later.

I've got a couple containers of duck fat saved in my fridge. There is no greater fat to fry things in

I always just wipe it out with a papertowl and chuck it in the trash before washing.

i usually save a bit in a dish to fry eggs or bread in
adds flavour to whatever youre frying and it does save money
there are quite a number of recipes that use bacon grease, for things like bread or sauces but ive never tried any of them

>saving the grease
Lel what kind of dumb cuckold does this? Just dump it outside retard. I have a spot in my front yard where I dump used cooking oil, lard and grease

I'm sure your neighbors and city ordinance love you, cletus.

Fuck them at least I don't hoard grease like a retard.

It's not for hoarding; it's to throw it away instead of pouring it down the drain you easily-baited mental-midget.

He's clearly baiting you, why do you care?

Why do you care? Why are you in this thread? Why are you on this board? Who gave you the right to speak on someone else's behalf? Fuck off.

No. It's 100% legit, and you'd know that if you'd ever done it.

What the FUCK kind of retard are you? Besides wasting good cooking materials, you're also poisoning your ground, you stupid fuckstain.

>composting poisons the ground

you mean for putting it in your sauce so it sticks to your pasta easier?
i don't know honestly, i started doing it a year or two ago and i haven't really noticed any difference. maybe i should dump more starch water into the sauce.

>has never seen oiled ground before
You're a fucking shortbus faggot.

>pouring oil on ground
>composting

Try making cacio e pepe sometime and you'll definitely notice it. It wouldn't be the same dish at all without the starchy water.

pls do not impersonate me

Where do you think oil comes from idiots? It comes from meat and plants which needs to go back into the ground to replace it in the ecosystem cycle.

>animal fat = poison
What the fuck do you think grease is made of, uranium?

>being this dense

>not pouring bacon grease in the trash

>not just drinking it

>not pouring the bacon grease into 1 spot in the corner of your crawl space

You boil it down to make starch for starching your clothing.

You save it so that you can use that as the frying lard for other things like fried chicken or whatever. Keep it in the fridge.

I take the starch water and put it on a drying sheet.
After a day or two I collect the starch dust and make more pasta.

this but unironically

Composting meat so that plants can consume it is possible, but it requires a specialized process. You can't just stick it in a hole like you can with plant matter. There are a lot of toxins in animal products that plants can't handle.

Have you ever seen an animal corpse in the wilderness? The decaying body kills all the vegetation in the short distance around it.

It's not motor oil you idiots