What are some books like Oyasumi Punpun? Particularly in the depressed creep part. I've read Whatever, No Longer Human...

What are some books like Oyasumi Punpun? Particularly in the depressed creep part. I've read Whatever, No Longer Human, and Norwegian Wood already. I really want something that will hit me hard.

My diary

Desu

Whatever

>was a depressed and hopeless /r9k/fag for many years
>actually managed to pull myself up, get a decent social life, a gf and a career and make my parents proud
>looked at 3 pages of Punpun and instantly felt that old void calling again
This manga is unhealthy and nobody but the most well-adjusted and mentally stable normies should ever read it tbqh.

Dont scare them away.
Maybe we can use it as population control

jk, dis mango is great

I read it when I got laid off from my job and was in a really bad head space. IT was mostly cathartic for me. I greatly enjoyed it and later came out of that funk.

In a funk again though, my OCD and anxiety is back and I'm over thinking existence into a derealization sort of mental state which is new to me and really freaking me out.

glad to hear you beat your demons though user, keep at it.

Read A Tree Grows In Brooklyn and get out of your headspace.

Bump

Just listen to linkin park

>actually managed to pull myself up
How did you do it?

be yourself

>What are some books like Oyasumi Punpun?
check out /sffg/ Mr. Shittaste

I dunno user, i get the feeling that sci-fi genre fic isn't really much like the urban depressedfag book i need

this man in his home country he is nothing

If you want more mango like it read some Tatsumi Yoshihiro, if you don't mind /co/ stuff read Chris Ware.

I really know what feeling and themes you are after. I´ve posted exatly your post a few times already and always looked for something similiar to Punpun.

Ive also read No longer human and Norwegian Wood. Whatever is on my to-read-list. Was it good?

Im currently reading "Ruth Ozeki - a tale for the time being", touch the subject of suicide. I picked it up since it would be similiar to punpun, and in some parts, it kind of is. Its good eitherway.

These are on my to-read-list:
>Suicide - Édouard Levé
This is "THE BOOK", i think. Next on my list.
>Crime and punishment

Welcome to NHK novel is also good.

Also, Asano Inio have lots of "punpun-feel", already read "Solanin"?

>Whatever is on my to-read-list. Was it good?
It was okay. Definitely depressing but not in the Punpun vein of depressing. Not Houellebecq's best, either.

I'll def check out Suicide and Ozeki's book, though. The closer I've gotten to Punpun is Norwegian Wood and some of Dosto's stuff (particularly C&P and, at times, Notes from the Underground).

I liked Welcome to the NHK. Really reminded me of No Longer Human in terms of feel.

And yeah, I've read most of his stuff. Really love the guy's work.

Oh, ans you might want to check out A Man Asleep by Perec. It's extremely similar to the NEET chapters in Punpun, and perfectly captures the feeling of just wanting to live by yourself in a tiny room, separate from the world.

More /co/ related but I think Charles Burns has that Asano vibe especially in the X'ed Out Trilogy collected in Last Look.

Ozekis books is not that dark, so dont get your hopes up too much. Im only in 220/430pages though. She writes in the first pages she going to commit suicide. Theres more to it ofc.

Once i heard of no longer human, i got extremly hyped, thought it would beat punpun, but got kind of disapointed. Nothing really been better and told a story in a way that touched me as punpun.

Still havent read dostojevskij stuffs yet.

Im hoping for Édouard Levé, suicide should be a really good book and very good.

Stoner by John Edward Williams looks promising too. Alot of Veeky Forums talk about it.

"Im a hero" (manga) is pretty good. It somehow reminds me off punpun in someway.

This is honestly shit and should be taken to /a/.

counter-bump

Stoner is not like Punpun at all its actually quite uplifting at times. Death of Ilya Illych is the closest I've found to Punpun.

I loved Punpun and Norwegian wood but found no longer human sparsely boring. Maybe i liked them so much because both can go from pretty comfy to pretty sad graciously. What should i read now? Maybe Colorless Tsukuru?