Is it right for the USA for force its fast food culture on the rest of the world even if it destroys other countries...

Is it right for the USA for force its fast food culture on the rest of the world even if it destroys other countries local culinary culture?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/09/17/440951329/about-a-third-of-u-s-kids-and-teens-ate-fast-food-today
m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2744416
huffingtonpost.ca/james-di-fiore/black-lives-matter-toronto-yusra-khogali_b_14635896.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't like it, don't buy it. Nobody's forcing anything.

No one is forced to eat fast food.

i didn't know U.S. soldiers went house to house and forced people to buy fast food.

>force

may the force be with you

If your "culinary culture" can be displaced by a big mac then it's not a worthwhile culture.

It isn't a, "culture." It is a business model and marketing method. Fast sales, cheap ingredients, addictive ingredients, and ingredients in addictive quantities. It is all about making as much money as possible and keeping you coming back.

Eh, it rarely replaces normal food in most countries the way it has in America. The only people who switch to eating fast food are the ones that are unable to cook well and/or don't have a habit of eating actual decent food.

If anything, I prefer the world's street food makes its way to the US. Damn, Asia has some nice stalls.

It barely replaces normal food in America. The southeast and southwest are filled with the worst types of people, so they aren't considered American.
The strong dominate the weak, pussy.

>stupid Americans eating all this fast food lol what morons
10 years later
>America please, stop forcing me to eat fast food I'm being oppressed
Meanwhile Americans are eating less fast food than ever. Europe is always 10 years behind

This. I had one of the best meals in one of those and there where bugs on the wall

>Less fast food than ever
Can you give me a source for this? The most relevant article on the subject I can find is NPR saying in 2015 that on any given day a third of american kids eat fast food. They also said that the american consumption hadn't gone down at all since the year 2000.
npr.org/sections/thesalt/2015/09/17/440951329/about-a-third-of-u-s-kids-and-teens-ate-fast-food-today

America systematically makes fast food as addictive as possible. This is the 21st centuries version of forcing opium into countries on a world wide scale. It is a violent action to disrupt and debase local cultures.

*tips tin-foil hat*

>he listens to fucking NPR

It's a prerequisite for any sort of American alliance/protection. Just leave NATO or whatever if you don't like it.

I prefer "Democracy Now!" but for a centrist take on the news NPR is good.

>disrupt and debase local cultures
fucking lol, they're just trying to maximise profits and its working, people who go there (myself included) only have themselves to blame

>company shows up and makes food that isn't completely awful

If a local culinary culture is threatened by mcickyD's, it isn't a very good culinary culture.

I don't even live in America, I looked up statistics for fast food consumption in America and this article citing a CDC spokesperson was the best I could easily find. If you have a better source I would love to see it.

I just can't figure out why American fast food is popular. I mean, look at this wonderful local cultural cuisine.

Fucking hell, this.

>I prefer "Democracy Now!"

>muh addictions and evil capitalism
People have agency, you know

It wasn't right when fast food culture did the same thing to regional American culinary culture, but you probably support an unchecked free market.

>people have agency

Fucking kek.

>America systematically makes fast food as addictive as possible.
Using lots of fat and salting everything, something shared with a lot of traditional French cuisine, isn't the same as lacing shit with heroin.

They want their food to taste acceptable to the most amount of people but for as little cost as possible.

>people have agency

Um, sweetie, no.

It is more than fat, salt, and sugar. It is also shape and color. Take M&Ms for instance. Their shape and size was scientifically tested to be as addictive as possible.

American chain fast food is too expensive for what it is in Australia.
I can go to a pub, sit down and enjoy a beer and a decent meal cheaper than a McDonald's meal.
There's so many better options around.

>people don't have agency
>democracy is good because it lets people choose their leaders

end yourself

It's not very photogenic, but does it taste good?

if the food you're talking about is so good then start a restaurant and outcompete the shitty mcdicks

oh wait it's almost like people voluntarily choose to eat at McDonalds

>backtracking to the agency argument

Nice talking point.

It's not wrong, since they aren't being forced to buy it.

did you choose to reply to me?

Agency assumes that one is a true subject. I'm an alcoholic and have a problem with not posting on Veeky Forums.

Capitalism, bitch.

agency is just choice. And you choose to be an alcoholic, probably because you made other extremely poor life choices

no wonder you dislike the idea of choice because you're pretty shit at it

I'm probably wrong but don't some countries and cultures fucking love American institutions of fast food and the like? not even talking about global coverage of chains just like straight up obsession

>force

I lived in France for a couple of years and the locals would literally walk right past a boulangerie with pretty solid baguettes they'd make into sandwiches and go to fucking Subway, where they paid 150% for less food at a much less quality.

I live in the USA and work very hard to keep myself as far out of the mainstream food culture as I can manage, because it's pretty shit. But food is cheap here, and I'm sure people living in places where it's expensive or scarce would love to copy that.

>even if it destroys other countries local culinary culture
That only happen in the USA because you had no food culture to begin with.

m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2744416

Chinese and mcdonalds

>USA because you had no food culture to begin with.
Untrue. It was young and very regional where we actually had it, and bits of it managed to hang on in some places. You can't say there's no food culture in places like Louisiana, the Carolinas or even New England. And New York has restaurants that have been open since the 19th Century. The problem was being early adopters of industrialized agriculture right on the heels of the Depression and WWII. Supermarkets full of processed garbage seemed like a godsend to the folks who lived through that shit. And their kids. So did McDonald's.

Nobody makes decisions about where to eat in a vacuum; low wages, food deserts, agricultural subsidies, poor nutritional education, heavy advertising, driving out mom and pop restaurants that can't compete on the same price point, people being too exhausted to cook, all of these play a part in why fast food chains like McDonald's are successful. Think about it, in an ideal world where you're free to make any choice you want who would turn up a 3 star French restaurant for soggy reheated fries and mystery meat burgers?

>Their shape and size was scientifically tested to be as addictive as possible.
People that have so little control that they are self-harming due to shape and size of candy are not getting my sympathy, nor am I berating companies for using the fact that they're behaving with no intelligence.

Live long & prosper

Despite the fact that it is POSSIBLE to live on as little as 30K per year as a single in the US, you are currently required to have an internet connection and cell-phone for a job in almost all areas as well as at least an associates or 4 years in field. For at least 40K you need at least a bachelors or equivalence in the field; and often require several hundred dollar licenses and training courses yearly.

Families in America often require more than one vehicle and sometimes drive more than half and hour, to and from work. Often both spouses work, sometimes both going to college as part of their job or because their jobs are not secure. Insurance is not provided by most jobs so that costs a fucking fortune.

So yeah, America chinces out on food because we're getting fucked by CEOs that put waterfalls in their multiple offices while we collapse due to exhaustion.

im a roofer who dropped out of high school and i pull 70k a year not even working the winter

Lived in MN for a while. At the time the union worked with the state to mandate the amount of roofers legally allowed to work at any given time. Same with road workers.

So you weren't just allowed into the field, you had to wait in line. I looked into it because the starting wage was 60K plus benefits.

I think know they have a 'right to work' law but you lose benefits. Not sure though. Bullshit regardless.

union? fuck that work for yourself. learn how to roof at any company as a labourer and then you can name your price.

Looking into banking so I can sit on my ass. My short term-memory is getting bad due to medication; but my problem solving skills, long term memory, ethics, and mathematics are all sound. Moving from shit like cost-loss to basics in another field shouldn't be hard; I just can't do physical labor and mental labor at the same time anymore.

And unions are fucking corrupt as hell anymore, especially the ones out of Chicago. Strangely enough a lot of Minnesota unions came from Chicago.

>Insurance is not provided by most jobs
have you tried getting good, taking a shower, hitting the gym, and getting a clue?

>Forcing

People are gonna buy what people wanna eat ya knucklehead

>every field is the same
>shit will stay the same for each field for decades
What sort of delusional wonderland do you live in? Or are you fresh out of college with mommy and daddy dollars? Wait until your job market becomes over-saturated. It's fun.

This, you have shitty food in your country, even the shittiest of ours is better.

It seems the article cited a study that only talked about adolescents. I still lack any evidence that fast food consumption is at an "all tine low" though.

it'd be nice if they made fast food variants of regional food

Like 30 executives are responsible for that shit, not America as a whole. We hate those kikes just as much as you do.

Your implied contradiction doesn't exist. The only leader elected through true democratically empowered agency in the past 100 years has been Donald Trump, and everybody continues to lose their shit about it. It probably won't ever happen again.

>the only leader elected through true democratically empowered agency in the past 100 years has been Donald Trump

t. putin

nice reading comprehension

Thank you america for replacing my quality food with your shit.

Because north america has degenerated into a racist shithole.

Stop sucking up to foreign trash you 20 year old faggot. No one is forced to do anything.

>force

Don't eat there and they will close down.

>american cuisine

That's from the UK. We don't eat that here.

Pizza Hut is an AMERICAN company. Do you deny it? It is America doing this shit to us.

>The strong dominate the weak, pussy.
More like the most adaptable dominate the least adaptable, really.

he got less votes than Hillary, that's the opposite of democracy

>what is skimming the fluff while looking for the factual statements

Your inferiority is noted

Then don't eat it, faggot. Something like hot dog pizza would flop here in the USA which is why it was never introduced. The fact that it was successful over there says a lot about British taste.

It flopped in the UK and was discontinued however it appears the demand is strong in the USA.
Says a lot about American tastes doesn't it, user?

High density echo chambers having the automatic right to a voice over lower population regions would be a truer affront to democracy. This is a nation, not a book club.

>Because north america has degenerated into a racist shithole.

Remember when BLM openly celebrated the shootings of several White, Asian, & Latino cops in Los Angeles?

BLM is 100% about spreading blame & division. Not problem solving or unity.

Black Lives Matter Toronto Co-Founder Needs To Resign

> Now, normally my white skin would admittedly preclude me from even suggesting that a black activist should hang up the megaphone, but Khogali has made a habit of directing violent, hateful language towards people with white skin, so much so that I feel comfortable calling her out. She once mused that just by having white skin, white people are sub-human. She tried to qualify that statement by saying white people did not have a high amount of melanin, which prevents them from absorbing light, and with it a sense of moral clarity.

> Now, maybe if this was her only controversial statement all could be forgiven, but this is a pattern of hate that can't be ignored any longer.

huffingtonpost.ca/james-di-fiore/black-lives-matter-toronto-yusra-khogali_b_14635896.html

Brit here, I love this stuff

Is that the reason for electoral colleges?
So that smaller states have a proportional representation compared to the larger more populous states?

>however it appears the demand is strong in the USA.

Assuming it even makes it here, it'll be a novelty for a few months but will flop like Carl Jr's hotdog burger.

>I love this stuff
*loved
it's been discontinued for a while now.

Yes actually. It's called the "united states" for a reason. Each state originally was meant to have a lot more sway and sovereignty than they do now, with the federal government having so much more power.

>She once mused that just by having white skin, white people are sub-human. She tried to qualify that statement by saying white people did not have a high amount of melanin, which prevents them from absorbing light, and with it a sense of moral clarity.

Wow. This is eugenics level of Nazi racism right here.

Pretty much, flyovers aren't good with math though so they don't understand the system.

Not in Grimsby

Yes, to stop the rich circle jerkers from just steamrolling everybody else. Generally it doesn't work out and it's double dealing behind the scenes that consolidates power. Once, this time, it did work and the presidency went to someone outside of the Right To Rule clique.

To be fair that makes sense. Here in the UK we have 'first past the post' which is shit. UKIP got more votes than the Jock Independants and only ended up with one MP (congressman).
Blatantly unfair system.

that's because grimsby is in a state of eternal latency

Not at all. You could turn it around and ask why a bunch of bible thumping, uneducated rural hicks should be allowed to dictate to the more populous cultural centers of the country. The electoral college was meant to prevent people like Trump from getting elected.

They have one of the few Taco Bells in the UK though.....
Oh no, that would be Cleethorpes. Sorry Grimsby, much like your football team (15 match losing streak so far this season) you've shat out again.

>The founding fathers were never trumpers

Nice mental gymnastics soyboy

>mental gymnastics
>soyboy

Fuck off back to your containment board.

The electoral college was put in place to be a check on direct democracy; i.e., the mob electing an unqualified populist candidate (e.g. Trump).

It's about equality, no one is dictating to anyone.
Trump won under a FAIR and BALANCED system.

>Unqualified
So you would have preferred Hillary be appointed president?
Face it Trump was elected fairly and isn't doing a terrible job

We must spread obesity over there so we don't have it over here.