Why do normies hate cooking?

Why do normies hate cooking?

youtube.com/watch?v=7EnWIY8SbaQ

>making a video to show how your knife and cooking skills are so shitty that you take three times as long as you should to make a simple dish
what an absolute faggot. watching him dump all the olive oil in at once and mixing it with a fork to make his vinaigrette was embarrassing.

i don't see an issue with this at all. yeah it took twenty minutes longer than it says on the pack but that a) sets up a realistic expectation for how long a meal generally takes and b) can be shortened fairly significantly with practice. no one marketed blue apron as cooking for retards, just cooking for people with limited time.

I understand his pain.
I made some sesame chicken filtering a recipie last night and it said it should have taken 30 minutes but it took me 2 hours.
At least it tasted good, a little too sweet but that was my fault.

>I made some sesame chicken filtering a recipie last night and it said it should have taken 30 minutes but it took me 2 hours

Because it takes practice, and our society demands immediate satisfaction

Or maybe gratification was the word I wanted

That recipie must have required some very superhuman speed, because it wanted you to get 3 bowls, measure out the cornstarch, flour with seasonings, and the eggwash, also cut the 3 chicken breasts and then dip it in the cornstarch, and then the eggwash, and then the seasoned flour, all in the literally two minutes it takes for 4 tablespoons of olive oil to heat up in a pan.

Not hard if you know how to feel things out and don't need to autistically measure everything.

>measuring the ingredients in your dredging bowls
autism

>muh normies
Go back to /r9k/ and stay in that autistic instant ramen hellhole you came from.

>get three bowls and scales
fifteen seconds maximum
>get shit and measure it out
thirty seconds maximum
>distribute into bowls
fifteen seconds maximum
>take chicken and cut into pieces
thirty seconds maximum
>put chicken into each bowl one after other then onto plate
1 minute maximum if you're ogling each piece like a retard

i think the worst part for me is that that bowl of salad and half salmon cost almost $50

no it didn't

Uh-huh, sure whatever you say user.

sarcasm is smart

Blue Apron is such a rip-off though. I've never used it personally, but they charge $11 per meal and deliver at least 2 two-person meals a week. There's no reason to be preparing and eating such mediocre food for such an outrageous price. I could literally spend 5 minutes and as many dollars in any given aisle of the grocery store to have dinners for a week. These food order services are just silly and cater to literal babbies.

give an example of one of said superior dinners for the appropriate fraction of price

Yes and there are a lot of them so why not make some money off them

You can easily plate fajitas with a chop salad, chicken with steamed veggies, a colorful stir, or plenty of other meals for half the price of Blue Apron.
Blue Apron's selling point is that it allegedly offers moderately-priced, healthy and delicious meals for people who are too busy or feel they are incapable in the kitchen. Which is silly, because what could be cheaper than throwing some $1.50 chicken thigh in a pan, and tossing a can of $0.99 chickpeas in with a bag of lettuce? And surprise, you can actually eat things with flavor.

I too like capitalism. It's still perfectly reasonable to criticize ridiculous things.

its for people who want to cook like kids do the drawing by numbers shit, with all the foods included in the box.

you pay for the recipe, the handpicked ingredients and the delivery.

its quite literally for baby like people who are willing to pay more to make up for their inadequacies while still keeping that dopamine hit from successfully cooking something on your own. I bet many use it to show off their cooking skills while hiding the box.

>ecause what could be cheaper than throwing some $1.50 chicken thigh in a pan, and tossing a can of $0.99 chickpeas in with a bag of lettuce?
that is unquestionably a shittier meal than you get with blue apron.

The Blue Apron meal is literally fish with quinoa mixed with sprouts. It's called an analogue, Einstein.

I don't think most people have a basic understanding of flavors while cooking, and blue apron supplies those flavors for them. I think after a certain point subscribers learn to do shit for themselves, unless they just genuinely enjoy the service and have the income to support it. I don't see an issue with the service desu. It's a good way to get people who eat out way too much to maybe get into cooking in an easier and more convienent way than a lot of others have gone through

>guy is asian
>doesn't know how to rinse grain
my god how does he survive without any rice

This. And even if you did autisticslly measure everything it takes no more than 4 minutes to do three howls of shit measured out

This. It's stupid expensive and not even that interesting. I think of just as interesting recipes myself and have 5 meals d'or a fraction of the cost. It's for normies that think it's a status symbol to cook but not shop.

Cooking is one of the normiest things there is, *autists* hate cooking (or don't even know how to cook anything).

He should learn how to use a knife.

I don't know about blue apron but these grocery services are mostly useful for parents who don't have time to go to the store. Going grocery shopping with kids can be a huge ordeal taking hours and be worth paying premium dollar to not have to do.

a poor one.