Is Atkins a meme diet? One of my coworkers is trying this out, and it seems kinda fishy to me

Is Atkins a meme diet? One of my coworkers is trying this out, and it seems kinda fishy to me.

No, The first stage of the diet is called keto now; people never make it past the first stage.

Yes. Stop making these threads.

That's wrong you faggot. Keto came 70 years before Atkins.

Atkins can work, sure.

Both atkins and keto are full blown cancerous memes and their instigators deserve slow cruel deaths

>t.fatty who can't survive without his junk food
You can make literally any meal low carb.

South Beach Diet is more doable, less crazy phases for carb restriction. It doesn't stop the cravings issues however.

Before you say it is "safe" though, most people don't drink enough water, get constipation issues, and go slowly insane buying special bread and not eating out, etc. You risk kidney stones and possibly damage. Also Atkins died of heart disease, so the bacon-eating might not be ideal way to get your protein either.

If you want to eat right, just find out more about nutrition while doing a structured program like Weight Watchers, and eventually you'll learn a way to keep your goal weight. Extreme dieting is hard to keep going, but Atkins lovers who are good at it, enjoy just going into a different phase for a while.

Anything that follows basic CICO principles works

Atkins did not die of a heart disease. He died of brain trauma after slipping and hitting his head on an icy step.

If you're referring to the congestive heart failure and hypertension, you don't understand what marketing is and how manipulation of information happens.

Yes but it also works.
It is far from healthy for you but if you don't want to replace meals with cigarettes and coffee it's the next best thing to losing weight.
t. person who lost 60lbs on atkins then gained it all back because carbs are delicious.

What if I accompany meals with cigarettes and coffee?

Well, cause of death aside, having CHF and atherosclerosis at all is kind of scary for the leader of a diet craze of decades under his tutelage.

Atkins and Keto aren't really for the long term though, and that's where the diet can get horrible for you. Short term will mostly revert.

More people lose weight on diets because they, get this, ACTUALLY PAY ATTENTION TO THE CALORIES THEY ARE EATING.

If you count calories and keep them around 1800-2000 good chances are you'll lose weight, just count and make sure you keep in mind the serving size

Carbs can cause water retention though, and on ketosis cravings for food are suppressed. So you eat less, and you have to force yourself to eat more just to meet your maintenance.

>Carbs can cause water retention though

Oh no a whole 2 pounds. If you're caring about water weight your doing something horribly wrong.

It can be up to 20lbs, faggot. Unless you're a 5'2 100lbs twink, you gain more than a few pounds of water weight.

Mostly.

Low carb, high protein diets are very valuable for diabetics, but for everyone else they are a bad idea.

you average 10-12lbs of water in you, if you care about an extra few pounds ontop of that which you can literally piss out any time, you are doing something wrong in your diet

Just go to the gym and don't eat like a total idiot, jeez. I mean, yeah keto beats no self control at all but if you have to complete cut out carbs to lose weight then maybe you have issues beyond just carbs.

>Carbs can cause water retention though
Oh no!

you lose water retention in the first week because you're restricting carbs.

Not actual fat.

It’s basically the keto diet without the vegetables

Spaghetti Carbonara.

False.