This place was so over-rated. Five guys is so much better. Fucking coasties are faggots

This place was so over-rated. Five guys is so much better. Fucking coasties are faggots.

Five guys would be better if the price wasn't so outrageous. But yeah in-n-out is just ragged on by californians to trick them into thinking what they got was good.

>Five guys would be better if the price wasn't so outrageous
qft

I agree, Whataburger blows In N Out the fuck out. I tried it and it was the blandest burger and fry meal I've ever had. Literally a waste of time and money, put down the vark, cha and soylent and get some taste coastfags

This.
Everyone in Cali is obsessed with this shithole.

Yeah five guys is ridiculous. Stand in a long ass line, and spend more than $10 just for a burger and fries with a drink? The burger tastes good but the price is too much.

Like it wasn't a bad burger, but even steak n shake is better. Thin patty that's heavily seasoned with salt and pepper. The vegetables were very fresh which was nice, but nothing like the hype. Biggest disappointment was the fries. Just frozen garbage.

I agree that Five guys is stupid expensive for a burger, but the quality of the french fries and the freshness of the meat makes the difference.IMO five guys is the best burger one can buy. Steak n shake is my number 2,but 5 guys makes a damn good burger.

>here's my opinion without giving reasons as to which of the two fast food places that people always seem to argue about is better
>i'm a flyover btw, so my opinion counts for more

What a stupid thread.

>flyover anons are mad

Sorry you don't have anything good besides mcdonalds and BK. In-n-out uses fresh local ingrediants, always makes the burger right there and then, TOP tier fries, and you can customize your burger like getting it animal style'd.

How much for in n out burgers

In N Out is famous because it was the first burger place to come out of an era when all the shitty big chains had put the real burger places out of business with their fast burgers. People had forgotten what a good decent burger tasted like.

But In N Out was a competitor in the 80s and 90s. Now that people are willing to wait more than 3 minutes for a burger they can't compete which is why they aren't expanding out their nostalgia zone.

Sadly 5 Guys is fucking up their expansion by playing fast and loose with their pricing. On the east coast its more expensive than normal but reasonable, but even in the midwest they want like 15 bucks for a full meal, which it definitely isn't worth.

double double in AZ is 3.85, single is like 2.85

If you want details it is a very underwhelming burger. Prices are reasonable, but the french fries are frozen, burger patty is thin and overseasoned, and it's just generally meh. It's by no means bad, but it's a very over-rated fast food chain and five guys, and even steak and shake makes a better burger. Californians are just so self conscious that they need to elevate their meme burger god status. It's okay, and that's the end of the story.

their fries are fucking garbage. They're frozen.

In N Out is great for burgers, awful for everything else, which is fine because they specialize in burgers, where as major chains like mcdonalds have too much vaiiety that theres not one single item of quality
>But 20 minute lines
I live literaly two blocks away from an In N Out, and the lines are never more than 8 minutes if even. And service is much faster going in instead of drive thru anyways.
t. riverside

Double doubles are 3.49, which is the most expensive item on the menu.

In out burgers are fine for what they are, but their fries and "animal style" are both garbage. Whataburger, Culver's, and Shake Shack are all superior regional burger joints

I can vouch for this. I went to In N out near la jolla and i waited 5 minutes.

Probably an LA thing.

Still a highly over-rated burger.

>their fries are fucking garbage. They're frozen.
Get them animal style, they then become fucking based

>but the french fries are frozen

I honestly almost never eat fast food and couldn't care less about these kinds of retarded, "my shit smells better than your shit" threads, but In and Out fries are literally one of the few fries that aren't frozen (which is probably why they aren't as good or consistent.

>everything else is SUPPOSED to be bad because it's a burger joint!
The absolute state of cuckifornians

>go to a burger place
>rate things that aren't the burger
>I-it sucks!

>And service is much faster going in instead of drive thru anyways

I drive near an InO and at all hours the drive through line is literally wrapped around the building and then through the entire parking lot. I've only eaten there 2 or three times and always went inside, where there were maybe a few people ahead of me and it never took more than 10 minutes to get my food.

tl;dr - drive through fags are literally retarded

>Putting words into my mouth
Cute. The only reason extras are even there are due to all the health nuts and vegans we have out here. They're not the same 1950's formula, its pasturized and fake crap like tofu.

>this plate is covered in 95% fecal matter but 5% of it is vark sauce so it's still good!
What do they put in your water?

Depends on your area. Los angeles/Seattle/Las vegas are ALWAYS crowded because of tourists. Inland empire is never crowded by anyone but locals.

>california
>water

good one m8

go ahead and keep sipping that cali kool aid and come back wheb you finally live outside your bubble for once

there is no way they are fresh. No skin on the potatoes and they look identical to the bagged shit you would buy at the super market.

Animal style was okay, but nother superb. Californians are just obsessed with the place. It's okay, but no better than most burger joints. That being said I would def eat at INO over shake shack anyday.

Shake Shack is the definition of urbanite bugboy faggotry.

You're a fucking shortbus if you think everyone eats In-N-Out here. Yeah, the burgers are made fresh (and they're cheap) but they're mediocre burgers. And don't even get me started on the fries. The Habit is 99999999 better in every way. Five Guys is good, but overpriced. And homemade is still the best, as long as you know what you're doing.

OP here. I agree with you.

I like In N out because the buns are crispy, and the burger is meaty without being a giant steak. Better or worse than any other fast food chain, I don't care. I've never had a burger at any other place to those exact qualifications, and I like it.

I hate the fries with a passion, but they are NOT frozen, dumbass. I don't think you've ever been to In-N-Out, since if you had, you would know that you can SEE THEM cutting potatoes.

I'm NorCal and it's all locals, so yeah. Still doesn't make sense to wait 5X longer just so you can sit in your car.

>there is no way they are fresh

Kek, and then this guy shows up and admits that he always goes through the drive through.

hey there user, it's me. the best burger you can buy

I agree with your take on In n Out not living up to they hype, but you can literally watch them slice the potatoes in-house through a machine and stick them in the deep fryer.
The reason the fries are sub-par is BECAUSE they aren't par cooked and frozen first, which would give you a crisper and fluffier end product.

i wasn't really paying attention when i was there, but the fries still suck. Even if they are fresh they blow. I don't know how they manage to make them so floppy and stale.

Wheres the food? I see lots of brown, but I don't see food.

lmao all the assblasted flyovers making comments about in-n-out when they've never even had it. LOL!

Not OP but this meal literally cost 5 dollars. There is no way for anyone to compete.

THAT is the frisco melt. The best burger you can buy.

I'm not even a flyover. I life in Florida. I traveled to CA for work and decided to give it a go. It's shitty.

In-N-Out is pretty overrated, I agree. But I'm not a huge fan of Five Guys anymore.

The first time I went to Five Guys, it was da bomb. I actually said "this is da bomb!" without thinking and started blushing and getting really self-conscious, but the huge African American guy working the counter walked over and gave me props, laughed, and said thanks. I felt like I was 100 ft tall and finally had a good social interaction with an African American man, it was the street cred and diverse experience I was craving for what seemed like my whole life. The food was certainly good, a bit overpriced, but I think it was the amazing interaction with the cool staff that made me feel like it was almost a blessing to go there. I told all my friends about it, trying to be all cool and nonchalant about getting props from a huge clearly stylish and street savvy African American man. I would throw it in my conversations every once in a while until my friend took me aside during a cider bottling and kale chip making party and told me discretely that people had noticed my obsequious race-dropping and thought it was borderline racist. I was mortified and ended up apologizing to the whole party after I had 2.5 strong IPAs and a glass of really nice Oregon chardonnay. It was a cathartic moment and really made the party, everyone agreed the next day at brunch. I got teary during my apology and just confessed it was a big deal to receive validation from an African American man and I was over the moon about it, to the point where I lost track of the intersectionality of the interaction (ie an oppressed person "serving" me, a member of the oppressor class). Although I have to admit, every few weeks I think about this time at Five Guys and still really enjoy it, I'm not sure if that means I'm a closet racist or against equality or whatnot, but it's just how I feel.

fucking lel

haven't seen this pasta yet

2/2 sorry for the long story!

I would NEVER admit that I still think about that interaction or even bring up this event ever again to my friends, which I suppose indicates some degree of shame on my part. But I'm only human and I do my best to be inclusive, so all I can say is I'm flawed but I do try.

The reason I don't like Five Guys anymore is because when I returned to the same restaurant, the staff was basically gentrified and consisted of mostly white college students. After a few visits, it lost its appeal and the food really didn't wow me like it did the first time. I do like the cajun fries still, but the burger just doesn't do it for me and I'm trying to eat less meat anyway. This girl I've been trying to partner with for a long time is allergic to peanuts among other things, so I wouldn't go with her there because of the peanut novelty they have going on.

>be east coaster all my life
>work moves me to arizona
>get in-n-out
>it's okay pretty average a little salty
>coworker wants to know how I liked it
>"it was okay for 5 bucks, but wasn't that great the wait was long too"
>california coworker
>YEAH BUT DID YOU KNOW THEY PAY THEIR EMPLOYEES WELL USE LOCAL FRESH INGREDIENTS UNLIKE MCDONALDS AND YOU CAN STYLE YOUR BURGER A NUMBER OF WAYS ALSO(long rant about stuff that doesn't change it's meh)

Saying that in-n-out is anything but the best thing since sliced bread to a californian is instant triggering to them

I was really pumped about trying IN-N-Out when I visited California. Ever since seeing Big Lebowski and hearing about Animal Style, I wanted to try it.

It was a big disappointment. The burger was just mediocre. To be honest, I'd rather have a Wendy's burger. I don't know what the hell they do to their fries, but I figured they were bland frozen fries bought in bulk from Sysco or whatever. I can't believe they actually cut and fry them in-house, they are unbelievably bland and just bad. Frozen fries from the grocery store taste better. And the line to order was HUGE.

I would get it again because it is a big novelty for me still and would be a change from the normal fast food. But I'll never understand the hype.

>I'll never understand the hype

I'll never understand why someone who's ever had fast food before would go to a different fast food place and expect anything other than a slight variation on shitty fast food.

A lot of Califorians don't like In-N-Out, fyi. People need to stop lumping giant populations of people under 1 opinion.
t. Californian who hasn't eaten In-N-Out in over 15 years.
I know lots of people who don't like it. There's tons better burger places out here.

Not him but I was more excited for the fries. That was the biggest let down. Really low quality.

It literally does when it comes to voting. City cucks like you have less value per voter.

I don't really assume all cali people like it but the ones that do are so vocal about it that it is almost cult like

they don't soak them and remove the starch, also no pre-frying - limpy dirt sticks

>go to in-n-out
>get fries
>they get cold
>now pretty inedible

>flyovers come to in-n-out with a mindset that it isn't going to be good
>are too stubborn to admit it's good because they already made up their mind before even trying it
Fucking retards. In-n-out is amazing. Fuck off

Is asking for extra crispy fries a thing at In&Out?

>>flyovers come to in-n-out with a mindset that it isn't going to be good

This is the exact opposite of everyone who hasn't had in-n-out thinks

>t. never actually eaten at In-N-Out

Because I've had excellent burgers at smallish franchise joints. And the way people rave about it suggests it should at least be good.

more like:
>excited to try In n Out for the first time because of all the hype surrounding it
>incredibly underwhelming

>commiefornians getting assblasted because they put their state pride into a shitty burger joint

>I waited 5 minutes
Must be nice. I have waited 10 minutes for a coffee at McDonald’s on a slow day. Fucking nogs. Only Asians working in fast food deserve $15/hr. They are the only ones who earn it.

Because it's primarily in one state (yes I know they branched out to some other places). So it's the "you don't have it so let me tell you a thing about it".

Same stuff like when I went to japan and had food that was "best it the world" according to some people. It was okay but because it is relatively exclusive people would brag about it constantly.

Alright fag I’ve traveled from Los Angeles California all the way to New York City and back and I can say whole heartedly In-N-Out blows the fuck out of everything in between as far as fast food chains go. I’ve had steak and shake, I’ve had whattaburger I’ve had five guys, I’ve had taco John’s, I’ve had A & W, I’ve had White Castle and I’ve had checkers. Unlike you I’ve actually experienced everything before making my final decision. You should consider suicide

Wow user you must be the only one person in the US that travels!

I bet you don't even own a passport kek

You have not had "everything" yet. You're generic details proves it. You're a fucking nutter.

Same guy who drove from LA to NY here. One more thing, five guys has one of the blandest, most flavorless burgers. It’s seriously depressing and reminds me of the white people cant season meme.

That makes sense I guess. I've always had family in California so I've eaten it here and there over the years and just never thought it was anything special.

Kek flyovers losing their shit because they’re stuck in 100 populationville. Whenever me and my girlfriend drove through one of your towns we just talked about how depressing it most be to live there

I live in cali and love in-n-out but i never heard of anybody claim it was the best thing ever.
Just a solid burger for cheap.

BASED Chadifornian

>gloats about travelling in his own country
kek

Yeah, you can ask for them "well done", but there's so many better burger places out here. The only reason you should go to In-N-Out is the novelty of it once. If younwant a good california style burger, there's a thousand better places.

Phoenix but try again, go to LA regularly

Stay in the desert rat. We don’t need to shitting up the place

>having a secret menu for "cook my fries longer so they aren't limp garbage" and "please dump thousand island sauce on my fries"
>secret menu listed on company website

>having limp fries at In-N-Out
that’s how i know you’re just a mad little faggot in population 0 town

>turns off water
>cali now a desert

SEETHING

>population 0 town
but if I lived there it would be population 1, user

>nigger

opinion discarded.

>it's a bash in-n-out to feel better about your shitty flyover state
Get fucked, flyovers. Nobody will ever travel to your neck of the woods just to try your local Shitaburger.

lol you're not even white.

Just stay in your faggot containment state. No one likes you or wants you to ever leave. Say there forever.

>being surrounded by mexicans

gee i sure am jealous

my girlfriend's son is half Mexican you racist piece of shit.

TBQH the only time I ever go to In-N-Out is when I'm with somebody visiting from out of state who wants to try it. It's basically Touristburger at this point.

5 guys is better but costs twice as much

Culvers is better than both and moderately priced

In n out is better than five guys and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. However the habit is way better than both.

whataburger is bland tasteless generic shite

I love it when libtards use British words to try and sound more intelligent.

You need to go back

Please kys. You're not the great story writer you may think you are. Nigger loving cuck. Try to focus more on the food and less on your nigger obsession, from now on.

hey while you soyboys argue over your playtime burgers, I'm heading down with the rest of the big boys to Mcdonalds where I can get BETTER food for CHEAPER

>limpy dirt sticks
keke

Your girlfriend is a fucking lowlife. What makes you fucks think people like living around a bunch of other people? I find my life to be quite pleasant surrounded by nature and beauty. Since when did a rural home become less of an incentive than an urban townhome? Fuck people like you. Your shitty life will never compare to my simple and quiet peace.

They french the fry on the spot. You can watch them do it. They'll give you a hat if you stare long enough.

>cheaper
while you're paying $7 for a big mac meal, I'll be over at steak n' shake getting a true god-tier combo for $4.99

I'm sure there are better fast food burger places than In N Out, but Five Guys is not one of them. They're slow, expensive, and their fries are too salty

This sounds like a fucking advert.