What is the best pan for cooking eggs in? Preferably fried eggs.I need a make and model. Thanks

What is the best pan for cooking eggs in? Preferably fried eggs.I need a make and model. Thanks

Just get a lodge. How many eggs at a time?

>a lodge
neither high heat nor high heat retention nor scratch resistance are needed for eggs, so a cast iron pan would be the most stupid of choices. Just get any old noon-stick skillet. If you are looking for the "best" pan get a german-made "Woll" or a "WMF" pan, or unironically a Jamie Oliver pan, all of those are pretty high end quality. Get one with low sides, like a crepe pan, so it is easier to flip the egg.

I've been using one of these cheap Flonal frying pans I picked up at random around a year ago and it's great. Non-stick as fuck and I even use forks and spoons on it without even the slightest scratch. A single wipe with a sponge is enough to clean it.

get a carbon steel pan for fried eggs.

Lodge CRS12

A chef once told me stainless steel is best for eggs and fish. But chefs disagree on shit like that all the time, so you know, grain of salt.

>carbon steel pan for fried eggs.
>me stainless steel is best for eggs
I do love my carbon steel and cast iron and even stainless steel cookware, but a low-temp, no-browning task with delicate food like egg is the one thing a non-stick is ideal for.

Enjoy your fluoride and calcified pineal gland

>Flip the eggs
Ishygddt

Yeah, I'd recommend carbon steel to anyone serious about cooking, but if you're just looking for an egg pan that's definitely not what I'd recommend.

This. Pic related is a 6.5 inch.

>a 6.5 inch
kawaiii!!!!

>trying to sell someone on the merits of a pan for cooking eggs by posting a pic of said pan with a rubbery, burnt as fuck egg in it

Get a steel pan; as long as you keep the temps relatively middling you can get perfect eggs every time. A little oil or butter keeps them from sticking, and you won't get flakes of teflon in your food. It's the middleground between a cast iron and nonstick, i'm surprised more people go for meme cast iron.

HOLY FUCK! ITS THE GUY!

it's not the pan, it's how you use it

Any pan, doesn't matter. Have a lid for it and oil. Heat the oil well and have the eggs ready then throw them in and lower the heat. Put the lid on the pan. Takes just a few minutes. Turn off the heat. Leave the pan with the lid still on to rest for a few more mins then eat.
>a tip
when you put then eggs in the pan, gently scramble the yolk to make it flatter and not round like, this will make it very tender (because it will cook easier) and not rubber like
/thread

>/thread-ing your own post
>having shit taste

my eggs are patrician pleb

>nor scratch resistanc

Then why why do used cast irons always look beat to fuck? Serious question btw

In general, I like a carbon steel pan for eggs. But, out of all the various kinds of cookware I own (and it's a lot), I use my Magnalite Pro pans nearly every single time, because of their finish and quick and even heating. Perfect eggs every time, no matter what style I'm making.
Pic related, but not mine. I have the large skillet, 2 medium skillets, 3 saucepots, 1 stock pot, and 1 saucier. I don't use the sauce pots as much as the skillets and the stock pot and saucier.

Not if you're popping the yolk, tard.

I would like some awesome iron cast pans, but I heard they are only for like bonfire and open flame stoves, because they would fuck up Ceran like pic related...

that egg is objectively good the best way

I just don't know about that user

>not using a carbon steel or cast iron pan for eggs
>not frying an egg in a couple spoons of butter
>not finishing it by basting it with the browned butter

Y'all are FUCKING up your damn eggs if you aren't doing this

Whatever you are frying, you want a pan that fits the size of the item being cooked, so you don't end up with hot oil smoking around your object. For one egg, go with an 8", but for 2-3 eggs, maybe a 10" pan.

Since most people are cooking eggs in the morning, you want easy cleanup, so get a nonstick pan. Nonstick pans require a little less oil, and since you probably don't reuse high temp frying oil, you want a small amount of it/less waste.

Buying a high quality nonstick pan means getting as heavy a bottom as you can find. The thicker the bottom, the less likely to heat unevenly or warp given time, and that means health for that nonstick coating. I'd look at macys sales, marshalls leftovers, and try to find brands that you recognize like calphalon's manufacturer discontinued celebrity line. I bet the Mario pans are on deep discount right next to the Paula Deen stuff.

>they would fuck up Ceran
is this true?

That is not a frying pan, son. That's like asking for a kitchen fire. Maybe crepes.

Paula Deen did nothing wrong.

>pops the yolk
>Patrician

I agree with you. But her stuff went directly to Marshalls the next day.

I think Mario, for that matter, is just a reckless out of control drunk without enough friends to support his drinking and hanging out moods at restaurants, not a true butthead really. When bosses racking the cash expect employees to find him charming, he's simply dumb and lost his good sense and judgment under the influence. His business partner though, has a mean streak, and cheated his staff out of tip monies. For shame :(

suck on my popped yolk plebs