I own an Italian restaurant. Need menu suggestions... Pic somewhat related (stock photo)

I own an Italian restaurant. Need menu suggestions... Pic somewhat related (stock photo)

>asking Veeky Forums for legit advice concerning your business
I hope you're larping

noodles in ketchup
pineapple pizza

HOLY MOLI ITSA ME

go to olive garden and just steal some of their ideas

this

Serve Italian food the way southern people do

>Buhsketti
>Luhzanya
>Ruhzoeto
>Peetsuh
>Knowchee
>Parmayshawn cheese

Fuck off, Neil. Your restaurant deserves to tank you cheating, cocaine-snorting ass pirate. I hope your wife fucks your son-in-law as hard as you fuck your daughter.

op is deco larping.

Caccio e Pepe you fuck

Both already on the menu... And it's pronounced "marinara" , not ketchup

soup: ribollita. the best.

OfCOURSE he's larping. But it's fun to play along anyway.

>pasta primavera with asparagus, mushrooms, peas, and sundried tomatoes
>veal or chicken piccata with angel hair pasta
>endive and arugula salad with roasted pears, blue cheese, lightly toasted pistschios, and a champagne vinaigrette
>roasted monkfish with clam sauce
>roman dumplings
>tortellini en brodo (tortellini soup)
>frutti de mar
>wild boar ragu (you could sub another game meat) with papparedelle
>lemon semolina cake with a honey glaze, toasted walnuts, pomegranate seeds, and whipped mascarpone

Raveeohlee

What can I do to my pasta when it's not in a sauce but just a side dish? Like with piccata I usually just add butter and lemon to spaghett or use the pan saucei but what else could i do?

Pasta is never a side you retard

You know what I meant fuck stick

Do some Trabaccolara, it's going to be pretty novel for most.

something something soy sauce

Can you tell us your current menu so we can see what might be missing? Maybe also your target.

Ossobuco milanese?
How's your risotto game? They can be cheaper than pasta but people are willing to pay more because it's not as easy.
Gnocchi alla romana? It's not potato gnocchi, it's completely different.
Is lasagne your only baked pasta?
Brasato al barolo?
Do you know couscous is totally italian?
Italian meatloaves?

My mother makes a kickass noodle salad the recipe of which she found in some magazine years ago. It is basically those spiral noodles, sun dried tomatoes in oil, zucchini, red onions, cream, vinegar, basil and pine nuts. Pic related, you'll get the idea. We have kids among our family and acquaintances who would never touch a vegetable who wolfed that salad down like it was manna.

spaget bol, remember it's the OIL that gives the flavour

Tuna noodle casserole

start using 100% fresh ingredients. make your own pizza crust out of 100% italian flour. serve pizza well done pizza crust as breadsticks with parm and salt on it. become known for your fresh brick oven pizza.

What kind of Italian restaurant are you?
>Central Italian (Classic)
>Southern Italian (Arabic)
>Northern Italian (German Influence and more meat)
>American Italian (Mish Mosh of everything)

Anyway, on a serious note.
>Pasta Alla Norcina
An Umbrian classic. A creamy wine sauce with sausage, onion, and mushroom served with Rigatoni. Never seen it in the states, but it's the pride of Perugia.
>Appertivo
Have a salad bar (like a Brazillian steakhouse) with a spread of different appetizers. Mini Pizza, Popcorn, cold cuts, cheese, etc.
>The Dip
Don't remember what it's called, but the owner of Ferrari's in Perugia made this for us. It's pecorino cheese (butterkass will work in the US) and honey broiled until spreadable, topped with walnuts. Served with Naan or Pita bread
>Spritz
A rather bitter drink said to "Open the stomach." Aperol (orange gelatin liqueur), prosecco (sparkling white wine), and soda water.

>spaghett
January is over

While you're correct on central italian, you have no idea of southern and northern.

>Southern Italian (Arabic)
You don't know what arabic food is. Southern italian is more like north african and greek.
Lots of fresh vegetables, more focus on fish than meat, mostly olive oil (more so than central italian), stronger flavours like abundant onions and garlic, more spicy overall. Classic pizza is strictly southern italian.

>Northern Italian (German Influence and more meat)
German influence? Oh boy, what the fuck.
This is the land of risotto, fat cheeses (think swiss, not german), polenta, meat and cabbage soups. And, unexpected for foreigners, more butter than olive oil.
Pasta il less frequent in northern italy, but egg pastas like lasagne are somewhere inbetween northern and central (definitely not southern).
This is NOT what the average american thinks of with "italian food", but it's nevertheless a very rich cuisine.

A precise categorization, as I said, is very hard. Going region-by-region would be easier, but there is of course lots of cross-influence.

Get certified to make napoletana pizza.
Wa La, rolling in cash.

you seriously think butterkasse is easier to find in the us than pecorino?

confirming as american, never even heard of butterkasse before but I get pecorino at the grocery store semi-often.

Stick to Tuscan/Roman/Neapolitan cuisine.Think up of a good mixture of soups, salads, and seafood dishes. Buy some regional Italian cookbooks. Get some inspiration from there.

Do you serve any burgers or pizza?

Its called napolitan and it's Japanese. They think it's Italian.

Endless salad and cheesy pizza bowl

Sell taco pasta, just take spaghetti and add taco meat and nacho cheese

>I own an Italian restaurant.
No you don't.

What I would serve:

Antipasti:
Bresaolo con rucola
Prosciutto San Daniele con gnocco fritto
Sformatino di rape rosse in salsa di canellini
Fritelle de zucchini e cipolla

Primi:
Tagliatelle di aglio orsino con funghi di porcini
Papardelle con ragu d anatra e finferli
Penne siciliana al forno
Gnocchi di castagne con zucca

Secondi:
Bistecca fiorentina
Cinghiale in umido con olive
Capriolo con funghi
Fagiano arrosto in umido bianco

Contorni:
Patate con rosmarino e pangrattato
Fagioli
Fiori di zucca fritti
Polenta taragna

Dolce:
Tiramisu
Panna Cotta con caramello e fragola di bosco
Ricotta con pistacchi e Miele
dolce di carne (con cervo)

>A rather bitter drink said to "Open the stomach." Aperol (orange gelatin liqueur), prosecco (sparkling white wine), and soda water.

Stock up on chef boyardee and wala

I bet you say "gracias" at Mexican restaurants like a fuckin soccer mom

>popcorn
>butterkass with naan

Wat

Use of sugar, oranges and raisins in savory dishes is due to Arab influence, as is the widespread use of saffron, pistachio, eggplant and citrus fruits in general. And Agrodolce is basically al Sikbaj.

North:Widespread use of butter is precisely due to German influence. In the Middle Ages Germans were known for there obsession with butter, whereas earlier in antiquity in north Italy butter was almost unheard of. Swiss as an is not a valid distinction in terms of culinary history,

Make some cunnilingus.

you should mix the sauce with the pasta you fucking cunt

You cant go wrong with tendies.

Don't go wide, there's a ridiculous damn for hearty rustic italian cuisine right now.

I recommend you focus on a specific italian region and get good at it.

Lombardy Cuisine is famous for their risotto and osso bucco, being a region located north of italian, they have plentiful rice and olive harvest.

Emilia-Romagna Cuisine is famous for their bolognese sauce and balsamic. The Bologna region is famous for it's farm lands, great place for poultry, livestock and cured meats.

Tuscany cuisine is famous for their Pecorino cheeses, breads and chianti wine. So dishes like steak florentina, ribollita and panzanella are popular there.

Lazio cuisine is famous for their spagetti carbonara and bruschetta. Located in western italy they produce a variety of fresh and dried pastas, as well as a plentiful harvest of artichokes and herbs.

Campania cuisine is famous for their pizza and buffalo mozz. Not much to be said about this really, if you want to learn where Pizza originated from Campania cuisine is the place.

Sicily cuisine is famous for their caponata and veal marsala, being one of the largest islands in the medtiterranean sea, they have an abundance of sea food and citrus.

There you go user, I did most of the research for you. So if any of these regional cuisine matches your situation. Go ahead and research it.

Be sure to come back and make an update.

Also think of Cotechino, mashed potatoes, sausage and lentils, could be served like that in Germany. Not to speak of the cuisines of Trentino and Alto Adige which obvs are even more German.

> Pasta
> Thin-crust pizza
> Gelato
> Burger and steak for people who don't like eye-talian food