Does Veeky Forums like imitation crab or just tolerate it? I like fish as much as I like crab so I don't mind it at all

Does Veeky Forums like imitation crab or just tolerate it? I like fish as much as I like crab so I don't mind it at all.

i like krab

a bit sweet, a bit salty, has a nice fake crab taste. whats not to like?

I like it, except when they try to charge real crab prices for it. It is what it is.

I know people that hate it, say it tastes nothing like real crab and because of that it has no merit.

The fake is of far greater value. In its deliberate attempt to be real, it's more real than the real thing.

Platinum post

I like it because it what eat yeaeround

I hate how they shred it all in seafood salad now. Too much mayo flavor seeps between all the shreds and ruins the flavor of the meat. It seems like there is still close to the same amount of the imitation crab meat in the container so there is no point doing this as it saves no money and ruins the taste.

I hate crab because its a pain in the ass to eat. I rather go with imitation

Data or Pinocchio?

Imitation crab is delicious to me. I could eat an entire tub of it right now.

Hyperreal crab.

Interesting crab is fucking garbage. The texture is fucked, and it doesn't even taste like crab. It has one fucking job, and fails miserably at it. Why they don't call it red processed fish loaf is beyond me, when it's a much more accurate way of describing it.

I love it. So good with mayo, cream cheese and chive on crackers.

It's some good shit
> Get some for 4 bucks at grocery store
> Take it to work
> Saute it in butter and a bit of old bay with my friend
> Cheap as fuck tasty work snack

What about uninteresting crab?

When I eat crab I only eat Alaskan king crab, I don't like snow as much, and I rarely have it. Only like once or twice a year, maybe two years. Never tried imitation crab, but I imagine it's nowhere near as good as Alaskan king crab, so I probably wouldn't like it. Crab I guess is more of a delicacy for me, since it's so damn expensive (lobster too), and much better when you actually live on a coast that gets em fresh, like whenever I go up to Maine getting fresh sea food is the best.

It's not imitation crab. It's surimi. It's a processed whitefish product, and it's really good as the product it is.

A crab that won't shut up about his boring desk job or bullshit hobbies.

That's like saying Quorn isn't imitation meat, it's mycoprotein. It's surimi used as imitation crabmeat. They're not mutually exclusive.

The strips that are kinda flaky are really good to me. With the right dipping sauce, I could eat that all day.

The kind in the OP though, that chunky, cheap surimi, is just not as good for some reason. Too squishy and fishy.

I did not care for it the last time I tried it, texture was off and tasted too sweet, but it has been a while so maybe I'll give it another go. Ultimately I prefer actual crab.

I'm allergic to regular fish but not to surimi... anyone has an idea how this is possible?
As said, it's a whitefish product.

You are not actually allergic to fish, it's just in your head

I will never understand why Surimi has been introduced but no other types of Kamaboko. There are so many different styles and they are not harder to make. Most of them won't fall apart when stir fried, like surimi does. Western cultures suck at adapting new foods.

I fucking LOVE Chikuwa in Chinese hotpot
It'a always one of my go-to items.

thanks I'm healed now (kys faggot)