What do you anons think of Osama bin Laden's ''letter to America''?

>theguardian.com/world/2002/nov/24/theobserver
Was he right about the U.S?

There was never a head to begin with. It was too hard to sculpt.

I don't know a lot of history but the first point seems reasonable. The second point is absurd. It seems as though a lot of the conversation taking place now, what is dividing America, is really about which point should be taken more seriously.

It's funny, take the whole religious extremism away and he's a perfectly reasonable, intelligent guy. He wasn't just right about Murica, imperialism, financial industry but also fucking climate change and pollution. Shit in a roundabout way Osama was even correct about exploitation of women to sell shit.

The abrahamic geopolitical struggle is so poisonous.

And yet I know future sci-fi mass secularism will be poisonous too

It is all poisonous; a sad and bitter dream; no one wakes up save when they die, and there is nothing to wake up to.

I always tell /pol/ that if they're really concerned about degeneracy they'll become muslims

I honestly question the degree to which I can even be sure of the authenticity of such a letter. It makes for great drama, and i definitely *want to believe* the standard narrative, but in an age when conspiracy theories like "lol don't you dumbasses know the government is reading all your emails blah blah blah" somehow ended up being true, all sources of information, especially the standard media, is suspect.
Even wikileaks is now considered to be vulnerable, as it's suspected that some institutions & governments are now using it to "leak" fake reports specifically created to support their interests while obscuring the true source of the information

Hell, they could at least try to work together with them and create a conservative alliance supporting national states and their rights to remain isolationist. Instead the brainlets focus on memes like ethnicity which pushes all non whites and most whites away from their idiocy.

The government spying online was given, everything that's doable and reasonably easy, will be done and collecting all of your data is much, much, much more simple than wiretapping, which it's just an expansion off.

Faking that shit and controlling entire media would be noticeably harder, especially due the Internet not being limited to Western countries. Unless you buy into some "all elites are working together in peace and harmony" meme.

Why do people not translate "Allah"

it's just their word for God. Christians in every country use their own word too.

?you think bin laden could do damage control over the 2001 internet in fucking Pakistan?

>controlling entire media would be noticeably harder
you don't even have to control it, considering how dependent the media is on outside sources, not to mention anonymous gov't officials (lol) for its "news". I think the main obstacle to assuming that something like this is going on isn't how difficult it would be, but rather the fact that most people have a childishly simplistic view of government, economics, international relations, politicians and bureaucrats motivations for working in government.
>muh campaign promises
etc

kek. to be fair, there's no reliable third party evidence that bin laden wasn't in fuckin boca raton in 2001, but even if he was stuck inside a cave (are you fuckin kidding me? the dude still has ideologically committed billionaire supporters all over saudi and the arabian peninsula), he could easily use sat phone to pen the letter through said supporters

his perspective is consistent and sound up until he starts making religious demands of conversion and appealing to the ubiquity of shiite islam. He fundamentally misunderstands the development of the US within the context of the history of western thought, so he can fuck right off with that. Also his claims to the legitimacy of killing civilians is unsound, not to mention sociopathic

ISI are pretty good friends with the Taliban and AQ. Osama could've easy ask some friends to publish his VHSs response over other sources too and any broadcaster would've love to run a story like that.

Also what's the point of a fake that makes you enemy look better than yourself?

Non-anonimous sources would beat the credibility of these, so you'd need to have control over what the media is willing to publish, which was even tricky before Internet and TV just on a national scale.

>muh campaign promises
Are actually not as bad as one thinks. If I recall it right, most presidents got around 60-70% and a bit more if you consider compromises. And that's in US of A where the political circus is on another level.

Civilians are participants and passive supporters, who keep the system alive. Any kind of killing is kinda sociopathic but if you're already decided on that, going for the civilians is not that outlandish. Just not the best tactic to win more people on your side, he did lament later how going for other Muslims harmed their reputation.

>Non-anonimous sources
what non-anonymous sources dood? If anyone pops there head up to say "hello western media, my name is sheikh muhammad ibn blah blah blah and i live on 6969 deathtoamerica avenue in doha qatar, and i'm an allied supporter of emir bin laden, and i just wanted to say that this letter is a fake" he'd be in for a rough time
>that makes you enemy look better than yourself
the letter isn't revealing any new information - everything he said about palestine etc. is old news. all it's doing is reaffirming the narrative of a maniacal stone-age billionaire who wishes death and destruction upon america and the west because we're all allegedly a bunch of liberal fags. that hardly makes him look good lol

damn I think he would've liked /pol/

I dont care what some goat fucking retard has to say.

I unironically cannot wait for the day the American Empires collapse. I would literally have Russia, or China over them. At least the Russians and Chinese tell it to you straight that they are going to fuck you over. They won't disguise it with arbitrary bullshit like ''Freedom'' and ''Democracy''.
Pic related is from Hilary Clinton's emails.

>and i'm an allied supporter of emir bin laden
Change that to "I am a reporter/friend of a reporter and my/their source delivered me authentic documents from Bin Laden sama, and you faggots were telling lies."

>we're all allegedly a bunch of liberal fags
There are parts of how we attack innocent people under the guise of helping them. Most people rarely know more shit than "us vs them" or at best "capitalists/freedom lovers vs commies/extremists". His point of view adds more texture, he might be the crazy extremists we paint him as but some of the issues he mentions about our society are absolutely correct, and completely ignored. Why point would there be in drawing attention to that?

Not quite sure about Chinese but Russian propaganda is pretty similar to American one, just with more focus on keeping "our" culture secure from the fags, unbelievers and women, who don't know their rightful place.

wtf I love Bin Laden now

>Change that to "I am a reporter/friend of a reporter and my/their source delivered me authentic documents
as i see it, the kernel of our discussion right now is "how do we know what's authentic?". your solution is "what if the source just claims it's authentic?" but that's what every source says! as an inquisitive, critical reader, that does nothing for me to actually answer the question.
>some of the issues he mentions about our society are absolutely correct, and completely ignored
i simply think that most americans/westerners would not feel that way - that apart from politically-fringe members of society, the content of this letter paints ubl (and rightly so) as a demented, emotionally immature regressive piece of shit who deserves whatever bad things happen to him. but that's just my opinion, and there's no use in pretending that either of us can prove what most of the voting public would infer form the letter

basically

>[we are] The Nation of Martyrdom; the Nation that desires death more than you desire life
Ah, I think we can work something out then :^)

i want to murder americans as much as every other decent human being but pretty much all of this amounts to: religious squabbles (which are meaningless because everyone can throw in their preferential treatment of themselves, not to mention they're based in dusty old books containing history-contradicting myths and vague riddles), muh'ing -- means nothing if it's empty, baseless and not backed by power/will, basically amounts to cowering and asking for pity, and using USA as a scapegoat for everything, even when it's only passingly associated. islam and the cultures involved would not and do not have a future either way. they will always devolve and sew instability if they do not adapt to new circumstances, this is how it has been for centuries. change has to come in structure and culture, not the haphazard destruction of some external scapegoat. though this scapegoat isn't wholly artificial, they grant it a platform.

>i want to murder americans as much as every other decent human being

Just another reason why Americans should nuke europe/wherever this soyboy is from

He is absolutely right about Climate Change. Liberals, Whigs and Progressives can delude their selves all they want. Automation, Climate Change and Peak Oil will utterly and completely devastate the West. If you think the current immigration crises is bad. Wait until the entire Middle East and Africa turn into gigantic ovens. Then you will see true ''mass immigration''. The Hedonistic, Materialist, Liberal lifestyle of the West is completely and utterly unsustainable in the long run. Pic related.

>"what if the source just claims it's authentic?"
Not just says but proves it. A video from Bin Laden would be a pretty good proof. Though I guess in the future things will go to shit once it's easy to fake it.

When it comes to claims without proof it's a lot trickier for sure, but if you want to expand on it, how can we be sure that the NSA leaks are accurate and not pushed by undercover agent Snowden to create a false image about American capacities?

>i simply think that most americans/westerners would not feel that way
Well, I can only rely on my experience with most Westerns and many seems absolutely oblivious to things like that (there is a funny contrast with most non Westerners who perceive everything is a conspiracy and look for hidden agendas), most people don't give too many fucks about politics beyond the big elections. Though you're right that neither of us can really prove how the public would interpret the letter.

(i) Palestine, which has sunk under military occupation for more than 80 years. The British handed over Palestine, with your help and your support, to the Jews, who have occupied it for more than 50 years; years overflowing with oppression, tyranny, crimes, killing, expulsion, destruction and devastation. The creation and continuation of Israel is one of the greatest crimes, and you are the leaders of its criminals. And of course there is no need to explain and prove the degree of American support for Israel. The creation of Israel is a crime which must be erased. Each and every person whose hands have become polluted in the contribution towards this crime must pay its*price, and pay for it heavily.

>(d) You steal our wealth and oil at paltry prices because of you international influence and military threats. This theft is indeed the biggest theft ever witnessed by mankind in the history of the world.

At least those don't look like "religious squabbles"

>Hedonistic, Materialist, Liberal lifestyle
Is perfectly sustainable if we skip on some excesses and wastes. Something as simple as eating less meat would do wonders. Automation should help lowering the emissions too. Besides, climate change will make other regions better for humans, so if we can skip on the "brown people are scary" idiocy, the mass migration won't make a huge practical difference.

Also you forgot water.

arabic is a holy language to sand niggers or some shit

How did the son of a billionaire construction mogul become so redpilled?

It's a pointless text by a CIA agent.

Is it worth the read?

lmao tard

Most civilians have no idea what your autistic idea of "the system" even means much less that they are supposedly participants of it. It's literally just people trying to feed their kids.

You declare the war and start murdering before you even communicate the idea that you think there's a problem. Any moron can find problems with society. What's difficult is offering solutions. If your solution is "murder people to get attention" then you have no solution.

Murdering civilians is definitely outlandish not to mention stupid in that it galvanizes support against you.
I mean you can larp about total industrialized war and realpolitik as much as you want but at the end of the day people still have an innate sense of what's right and wrong and blowing up children as "future passive supporters of the corrupt system" or whatever inherited guilt nonsense you come up with just ends with the discreditation of your philosophy and a bullet in your brain. No one has to tolerate that.

>refusing to acknowledge total war is already upon us
>sticking your head this far up your ass

when can I see you at the gymnastic Olympics user

Some people don't know when they broke some obscure law, that doesn't mean they will be free from consequences. Besides, if anything, wilful ignorance is even worse given the harm it causes.

>What's difficult is offering solutions.
He did offer solutions. Did you skip the "leave us in peace" part? How would you go about to reach their goal?

>Murdering civilians is definitely outlandish not to mention stupid in that it galvanizes support against you.
Murdering civilians left and right didn't do too much harm for US wars. Besides, it does wonders against enemy morale, creates terror and is pretty much the only option if you are up against a modern empire. Al Qaeda's plan to make America bleed money worked perfectly, if they had more able people available, they could've cripple them even more.

>but at the end of the day people still have an innate sense of what's right and wrong and blowing up children as "future passive supporters of the corrupt system" or whatever inherited guilt nonsense you come up with just ends with the discreditation of your philosophy and a bullet in your brain.
Not a single person responsible for modern imperialism got a bullet to the head, they are chilling at their golf resorts, having killed more children than Bin Laden even attempted to, and their philosophy is still pretty popular.

Don't give a shit enough to read it. We don't have the Arabs to thank for the current good fortunes the West is experiencing and has been for the past few hundred years. Their culture is not generative like the West's.

Commodified identity, automation, and universal livable wage will be humanity's downfall.

They literally see western powers as a force that works to disrupt, strangle and ruin their culture, economics, religion and peace. What the fuck else are they going to do?

Most civilians just stick their fucking head in the sand. Some don't. But how else are the muslims supposed to preserve themselves? They're lashing out, much like Nazis lashing out at the Jews, but in this case, the muslims actually have reason to be concerned. Other powers ARE working to destroy their culture, force modern liberal democracy and capitalism on them and subdue their religions.

I'd wanna blow us up too.

Good luck living with all them people with less habitable land mass, less food in the seas, less arable land and terribly hot summers. Its going to be shit.

Nope.

UBI, Calcite aerosols and fusion energy can solve the problems of automation, climate change and peak oil.

look behind you

t. fbi

>a gaggle of bin laden sympathizers on Veeky Forums

this place is inundated with commies, nazis, faggots and combinations thereof.

kek.

go and ask anyone on /pol/ about osama and theyll betray an ignorance about the fact that his jihad was based off of political grievance... which i guess is actually preferential to a Veeky Forums caliphate

Reads like any standard butthurt Yuro post, kek.

Non-Arabic Muslims prefer 'Allah'

Bin laden's pretty based.

Heavily influenced by Sayed Qutb's "milestones" which is a bit like Ted Kaczynski 's manifesto. Sayed goes to america as a student and is disgusted by the rampant SJW's, libtards, commies and moral failings of liberal america. Then he goes to Egypt, gets tortured by the western orientated, secular government and becomes the ideological forefather of bin laden.

pretty based

>The American is primitive in his artistic taste, both in what he enjoys as art and in his own artistic works. "Jazz" music is his music of choice. This is that music that the Negroes invented to satisfy their primitive inclinations, as well as their desire to be noisy on the one hand and to excite bestial tendencies on the other. The American's intoxication in "jazz" music does not reach its full completion until the music is accompanied by singing that is just as coarse and obnoxious as the music itself. Meanwhile, the noise of the instruments and the voices mounts, and it rings in the ears to an unbearable degreeā€¦ The agitation of the multitude increases, and the voices of approval mount, and their palms ring out in vehement, continuous applause that all but deafens the ears.

Damn.

I like that he ended that last sentence with a question mark.