I just bought 3 of these bad boys from a guy at an asian market in Branson...

I just bought 3 of these bad boys from a guy at an asian market in Branson. They set me back a pretty penny ($60 each) but the man assured me they are a delicacy in Japan.
Does anyone know what kind of fish these are?
I couldn't really understand him and the bag he put them in was in Chinese so I threw it out.

I'm going to make some really good fish and chips tonight. Any ideas for what I should do with the other 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takifugu_rubripes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Slice em up and make a nice puffer fish stew.

really ..?
fucking stupid bait, kys.

assuming you're not joking, pufferfish are poisonous
you will be kill

Eat the who thing, they aren't poisonous or anything.

be careful op those are puffer fish and japanese make a thing called fufu with them but if you cook it wrong you can get paralyzed and DIE you have to boil them all the way through for at least 3 hours to make them safe

Pufferfish are best enjoyed stuffed up your ass

those are haddock, we have them here in the states as well.
Enjoy you fish and chips, Op!

baka fugu desu senpai

he is, you need a licence to buy and prepare those.

>the chinese give a fuck who they sell to

they do care you fucking idiot, get the fuck outta here.

They don't look like puffer fish though, they dont even have any spines. Am I being memed?
I planned to eat all of it considering I paid $180 for them.
Are they a different kind of haddock or something? I'm not good with fish but they don't look like the ones on Bing.

@10177277
>I enjoy making new bait
That's nice, OP.

Instead of goose livers, they use fish livers; it's called "fuguoi" & it's delicious

>I spent $60 on fish I know nothing about because the man selling them said they were big in Japan
My cock is a Japanese delicacy, Ill let you have a suck for $15

they are just chink haddock, I eat them all the time. Quite delicious in a fry.

I looked it up on Bing and I can't find any recipes for that. Do you have one you can share?

I don't even get the point of this topic. You're putting in way more effort than the people you're trolling, so what do you gain?

Dude, just stop. Are you the same fag that makes the death cap mushroom threads?
In the unlikely event that this isn't an attempt at trolling, that fish is poisonous to eat unless prepared properly(you won't).

Put it to bed, you've got at least 20 responses now.

I'm putting in effort because I bought 3 fish and I wanted to know what they were and I wanted some ideas for how to cook the other 2. I don't understand how you think I'm trolling anyone when I'm obviously just trying to ask questions and further educate myself. I hope I gain the knowledge of the identity of the fish and maybe a couple of recipes for them.

If anyone has any serious input it would be greatly appreciated. If you don't have anything intelligent or on-topic to say just exit the thread, thank you.
This is the first thread I've made on Veeky Forums in years, my questions have barely been answered and I feel like I'm just being trolled by you idiots.God this board sure has changed.
How exactly is it poisonous then? Because I highly doubt they'd sell them at a market if they were.

Based Branson MO.

>I don't understand how you think I'm trolling anyone when I only happened to buy some highly poisonous fish and I wanted to humorously make fish and chips out of it.
Ok.

just stop, this went from funny to sad over a dozen posts ago

Those are Japanese Puffer/Tiger Puffer (Takifugu rubripes).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takifugu_rubripes

>Toxicity
>As some other pufferfish, some organs of the Japanese puffer contain tetrodotoxin and are highly toxic. The toxin is highly concentrated in liver and ovaries, slightly present in the intestines and flesh, and absent from skin and testes.[1]

>You know how dumb Subway troll was?! Well, I can be FAR dumber!
We get it man, please stop.

How come the one in your gif is yellow? It doesn't look like the fish I have at all but I guess I'll take your word for it since so many people seem to think they're pufferfish
Is there any way to tell if it is a male or female? I can cut out the liver easy but I dont know what fish ovaries look like.

>I paid $180

for 3 fish? you are retarded

>Not letting OP kill himself

poor sport

i like how people itt went from playing along with op, to frustrated with him, to pitying him

Not him but $60 a pop for fugu is a steal.

I like fresh seafood.

The one in the gif is not the same species. There's something like 150 species of puffer.

That link and quote specifically tells you there is toxin in the flesh. If you don't know how to cook it, toss it into the trash so you and nothing else eats it. Cut your loses or end up dying.

I'm reading that article now and I have to thank you for this. I was literally about to fillet one because I had the batter ready and the oil is simmering.
Thank you for telling me the truth, not a lot of people on here were willing to really help me for some reason. I guess I owe you my life haha.
Is it really safe to throw in the trash though? There's an incinerator in the basement of my apartment building that would probably be safer. I don't want any waste management workers accidentally touching the stuff.

Well it was funny for a moment, then annoying, and now it's just kind of sad that he keeps going when nobody believes him. I guess some people are absolutely fucking desperate for attention no matter how fleeting.

Why do you keep bumping his thread and giving him more attention, brainlet?

yes what a sad strange little individual OP is, must have a pretty meagre existence to feign ignorance for weak goofs and gaffs on Veeky Forums

They look like toad fish. They're a bit of a nuisance when trying to fish. They steal your bait and get hooked when you're targeting actual good tasting fish.

I dunno OP, why are you getting so anally ravaged by people calling you out?

Are toad fish edible?

I mean if it helps him stave off suicide for another day, fine. Because he certainly wants to commit suicide.

I'm the person you literally just responded to calling OP out and now I'm calling you out. Stop deflecting and ignore the thread, brainlet.

I'm not sure, I think they have poisonous spikes on them somewhere.
I just flick them back in the water if I book one.

You have to remove the liver and the ovaries for them to be safe to eat.

Actually don't eat them, they contain tetrodotoxin which will kill you.

Wtf is this true?

Well, puffer is one of those rare things that are a fish and poisonous to eat. Most people don't see it as a puffer because it doesn't look like a classic porcupinefish people don't think it is a puffer. Weird sea food and wild fungi are the things you need to identify correctly with a scientific name before eating.

The incinerator is the best way to dispose of them, unless you know of some Japanese people who know how to fix it.

see:

I have a license.

OP here, I just got back from putting them in the incinerator. I didn't think they were pufferfish at all when I got them, but I forgot that pufferfish only blow up like your pic when they are threatened. 0

Some people may think that I lost $180 today, but the truth is that I paid $180 for a valuable lesson. I would've no doubt died tonight had you not said that they were poisonous and I wish there was some way I could repay you but you're going to have to accept my sincerest gratitude. I just evaded death and I feel like I have a whole new lease on life. Walking back up I realized that this is the only life I have and I need to live it to the fullest. I'm not going into work tomorrow, but Hawaii sounds nice this year. Mahalo, and aloha to you!

Or else what? And what, am I supposed to take the troll topic seriously? Fuck right off faggot.

Not him but, why do you post in threads that make you angry?

>Hurr I promise I'm not the OP also you can't prove it because this is an anonymous board tee-hee!
>Now take this joke topic seriously or ELSE!
Wow you seem like a complete ninny.

That's totally you OP, and why are you projecting anger on me for calling out this topic as retarded? Seems you're the one who's upset, judging by your smug anime girl pics.

Not OP but you're both seething lol.

>Why did you point out how dumb this whole topic was
...Is this your first week on Veeky Forums? Are you that upset at people saying mean things and hurting your feewings?

>Gets called out for having an overtly trolish topic
>I-it wasn't me guys, also t-trolled
Ok

People who post smug anime girl reaction images are always seething inside. It's like admitting you're upset yourself.

>don't look like puffer fish
Are you blind?

>$180
you could get a whole tuna for that...

This is where OP posts a couple weeks from now wondering how to eat the Conidae sp. he collected in Hawaii.

Either this is a joke or you might have legitimate brain problems, maybe consider signing up for some sort of handler.

Listen, OP, I'll make it simple: you're going to die if you eat that fish. Puffer fish are toxic unless prepared correctly and I highly doubt you could do it. Try to return them or something but DON'T try to cook them.

S E E T H I N G

At least you're not dead. I just posted a reply because I didn't notice this, but I'm glad someone's not going to die. Kinda sad thinking of amateur cooks who made the same mistakes as you bit didn't ask for help

The ironic thing about this post is that it highly satisfies me.

>I wish there was some way I could repay you but you're going to have to accept my sincerest gratitude
Since everyone knows this is BS you could just admit it. Unless you really expect people to believe this load of nonsense.

>THIS upset over being called out
Dude this is just sad now, c'mon. The story was completely unbelievable.

Or you could get 122 cans of Starkist tuna for the same price but you would get double the meat.

Wow, you're upset that often? Jesus you're like a professional at losing on the internet, huh? I wonder how much greentext you post every year.
>Seething

$180 dorra gajin pig, see you in herr.

>not keeping the puffer fish as pets.

You make me angry user...very angry.

>OP is a troll
>that's why I'm going to stay in the thread and reply

Not him but you're still seething.

You know by saying how not upset you are you actually seem that much angrier, right?
Especially when you show your entire folder of "seriously not mad guys" pics

It's funny how "

>You know by saying how not upset you are you actually seem that much angrier, right?
You mean like you're doing right now? kek not him btw

It's funny how "point out that this isn't a legit topic" somehow means I'm upset.

so seething you can't even type properly

You're absolutely him, and you literally just admitted that you actually were upset. That's hilarious.

>THIS angry his topic was called out
wew

>t. pic related

...Seething about what? Calling the OP out? Why would he be angry about that?
[spoiler]Because the OP is the one seething[/spoiler]

>so new he tries to spoiler on Veeky Forums
kek, you're absolutely angry because you're arguing with OP despite knowing he's a troll. Kinda sad for both of you desu

>t.

Watch out OP, that Simpsons episode was the first time a lot of white trash ever heard about sushi.

>Pretending he's not the OP in his troll topic
Dude that's way sadder. Even if you're not OP then you're joining me in this troll topic, which means you have no high ground here.

I dunno why I'm supposed to be angry about pointing out this topic is dumb. I do think it's funny how much OP is insisting I'm angry so he can sidestep the fact this topic is BS.

Calm down, soyboy

You can stop being autistic and overly defensive literally everyone knows it's a joke.

>op threw away $180 in pets because he wouldn't buy a $10 fish bowl

You should have kept this fish as a reminder of how low I.Q you are and that you should never attempt to feed yourself again.

I'm just a new user to your conversation, not the "seething" user or the one who posted the other smug anime girl. But, these responses make me feel even smuggier than previously posted.

Are you the same guy who called out the Subway chicken strip thread? Is this a hobby of yours?

BUT IT WAS TRUE!!!!!

He has severe 'tism.

It's nice knowing how bad it irks this autist.

ikr

a 800 kg whole Tuna is like 4000 cans or something...

so se are down to professional shit posters and bots. can someone point me to the next Chan? it's been a good 10 years.

where you belong, honey.

Really exciting when they puff up.