/tv/ dinner thread

sup lads, /tv/ here, thought we might do a crossover thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCRU50hACLwgux7IVeKDvhzQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

my dad swears these old banquet meals were the best thing ever.

do they even make them anymore?

Of course but now the tray is plastic and im pretty sure the food is too.

Its amazing how little the price has changed in 40 years.

Been eating these for 12 years

The Devour frozen dinners are actually superb, the burrito bowl and the tortillini are the best.
>Authentico wheels and cheese
Patrician

As a kid I used to be addicted to the fried chicken banquet meals and I would eat them in the most autistic way possible. I would pull apart all the skin and meat and separate them into piles. Then I would grab equal parts skin and meat and scoop up the mashed potatoes with it. Finally I would dip it in the corn so it stuck to the potatoes and then eat a perfect bite of everything altogether.

I'm pretty sure they changed the chicken because I haven't had one in like ten years and I think I tried to recently and it was just disgusting.

>michelinas

They still make these? I loved the fuck out of these but they just disappeared out of all my local stores like 10 years ago

Congrats, you're literally autistic

Thanks

Fuck off back to your containment board.

You first /pol/tard

this is the goat TV dinner
followed by the kahiki bowls
then marrie callenders fried fish w/broccoli

Leave this site forever faggot.

yum, best paired with reruns of Roseanne.

Amy's probably has the best quality frozen meals, but they're all meatless which kinda sucks. I still like them though

what in the fuck

Is dilbert huge in Mexico?

>cheese not included
What a fucking gyp

Not all of them are meatless, but the ones that aren't meatless tend to be gluten free.
Kinda a pick your poison situation

>he doesn't remember the tortured hellscape of Dilbert marketing tie-ins

It used to be back when the series aired, but the mexican dub is lost media by now

sup fellow /tv/ bro

>The Devour frozen dinners are actually superb
I had the buffalo chicken one and was honestly surprised with how palatable it was.

>grilled cheese
>french fries
>both need to be crisp
>in a microwavable tv dinner

i remember it being good when i was like 4

The old ones were real food.
Now that people microwave them they had to fuck with the portion sizes and put in a bunch of additives to adjust for each ingredient having a different cooking time.

this shit is fucking good

Is that BPA-free plastic?

Me not from US, me no eat TV dinner.

theyre hit or miss sometimes like most tv dinners, but when theyre good theyre fucking good.

also this

>crossover thread
I miss /cock/. Best April Fool’s Day or best April Fool’s Day?

For me, it's Bertolli® Tuscan-style Braised Beef with Gold Potatoes. The best frozen pack-meal.
Seriously though, I just add some pepper and hot sauce one the sauce icecubes melt and it's fuckin' ace. Only problem is that it's like 6 bucks and advertised as a "meal for two." I usually eat the whole thing, though to be fair I only eat about 2 meals a day.
Also it's hard as fuck to find it, I haven't seen it in a grocery store in years aside from a single Kroger I've long since moved from.

/mlpol/ here. Yes it was, yes it bloody was.

Those $6-7 bag meals are always pretty decent. This was my favorite up until they discontinued it. I would buy a deep freezer full of em if they ever showed up again

You would probably like KFC's Famous Bowl it's made of the same shit you were doing

Your dad is just projecting the old days when ur mommy was doable and you weren't around.

i bet they were. they hadn't developed the whole processing thing to the science that it is now, so in all likelihood, the peas and carrots were probably pretty much just fresh, cut, frozen veggies, the mashed potatoes were just potatoes and butter, the steak was just beef and gravy with some salt and seasoning. it'd be as good as a regular meal frozen and then reheated.

this is what I ate 10 years ago, then i started to learn how to cook

Oh my god I could not get enough of these like 5 or so years ago. Then they went to shit and now I don’t see their frozen dinners anywhere. Their beans and rice are good though.

>cincinnati's famous

This is my shit.

I also remember these being better but I just assumed my pallet improved and now that I cook for a living nearly all frozen meals are just not worth it

>microwaved grill cheese

Come on, I’m lazy but it takes fuck all time to make proper grilled cheese

It's not shit, fuck off.

>/tv/ here
Oh yeah, because you're the only person who posts on /tv/ and Veeky Forums. There's literally no one else on Veeky Forums whose interests include both food and film/television, and all of /tv/ elected you to be their representative here. Fuck off, nigger.

he's not saying it's shit, he's saying it's really fucking good

english is not your strong suit

tripfag go home

You aren’t using that word correctly.

>American-anglo '''''food'''' : the thread
KYS

>grandma's

who's grandma is this implying? The customers?

I am home. :^)

I don't think that's autistic, I do the same with chicken breasts, I'll tear the crisp part off off, then tear a bite of meat off and grab enough crisp part to compliment it. I think that's about the same thing.

seeing the old timey tv dinners, i always wondered if the aluminum tray made a difference in the flavor of the food.

>recipe for vegetable soup
>contains pre-canned vegetable soup

just had this for lunch today. pretty good as far as MC items go

Does anyone else think that /cock/ happening the night adult swim preempted Samurai Jack for the Meme Sauce episode of Rick and Morty to be a little too perfect to be a coincidence? We know Justin Roiland posts here, and I'd imagine other adult swim employees do, too. Who's to say they didn't reach out to Hiroshima Nagasaki?

bertolli is good but expensive and really unhealthy. my dad used to eat these daily and im pretty sure its what killed him

i'm into the healthy choice cafe steamer meals but they're ridiculously expensive for frozen dinners, like $4-5 for ~250-300 calories of food. nice when dieting but feels a bit like a ripoff. but the food is impressive quality.
yeah i really like devour buffalo mac and cheese

the actual amy's restaurants serve these fucking incredible veggie burgers i like them about as much as the best fast food beef burgers i've had

sometimes kroger or walmart will do healthy steamers 4 or 10 or something like that which makes it a little better. I dont buy frozen dinners that much but i tend to stick to healthy steamers and marie calendars. I used to go for banquet but I cant put my health in that much jepoardy just to save a few bucks

When my parents went out we got TV dinners exactly like this. I loved them.

the dinners or your parents?

holy shit user

The manufacturer changed. Production was handed over to another company some years ago and the quality nosedived.

>first ingredient is meat

All microwaveable shit back then was good because they hadn't figured out how to make everything out of sawdust and filler and chemicals.

>tfw it's Salisbury steak night

>tfw i eat one of these every lunch break every day
>tfw still not tired of the taste
>tfw can't shake this addiction
fuck guys please help

It's like 89 cents what the fuck do you think?

A prime ingredient they keep off the box is puss collected from under the flippers of thalidomide babies. It is what makes it so classically creamy. Don't look it up... just think about it every time you try to eat it.

>Meal
That's clearly a snack size portion.

>Give your kids four servings of carbs for dinner

they were better when the corn was on the cob.

I used to love this but I can't find it anymore, all my local stores stopped carrying it.

>mfw this thread is the embodiment of the old guy at work who microwaves this bullshit every day and makes the entire office smell like shit

The only people I've seen do that are from india and they can stink up an entire floor with their poo food.

The guy in my office is an old white dude, he's ex-air force and god help you if you mention planes because he will talk your ear off about them. All of his microwave meals smells absolutely fucking awful and the smell lingers for a solid hour.

If you want to trigger him, tell him that it's a good thing that A-10s are being retired.

I try to talk to him as little as possible
>how's it going?
>>it's going
>how 'bout that, huh?
>>how 'bout that
>there he is
>>i'm contractually obligated to be here

retarded Michigan shill. You only eat Skyline at Skyline. Every Ohioan knows this. The scraps you buy at the store are for you tards. Don't try and discredit the best food in the world.

>yall not immediately going for a kid cuisine joke
I swear I have to do everything in this house.

t. Nostalgic Boomer

That old cartoon network logo gives me a headache looking at it now

>starting your post with "Oh my god"
are you gay?

king of microwave food

youtube.com/channel/UCRU50hACLwgux7IVeKDvhzQ

HAHAHA

>""""person"""" from ohio
>acting like they're superior in regards to literally anything
funniest shit I've seen all week

These are actually really good

unironically the best