What are some redpilled books about the banking system, economy, politics, markets, trading, etc..?

What are some redpilled books about the banking system, economy, politics, markets, trading, etc..?

I'm in my early 20's and wasted the last 3 years on relationships and wrong women and now want to actually learn something about how the world works. I kind of realized I must work for the next 6-8 years and build a carrer and status to have a happy and successul life, so I need to educate myself for all the time I spent on women and playing video games in the past. I have choosen a carrer and am going to college in that subject, but on the side I want to learn more about the world and how it functions from the core.

Please help a fellow man out. Hard mode: I was raised by single mom that didn't have time for me and didn't teach me shit about how to be a man or have discipline, choose carrer, etc.. I did somehow manage to become man on my own and quite a good one, but I lack in useful education. I went to a hard highschool and that should cause a moral transformation in me, given the literature we were disscussing, but I didn't really listen in school and when I did study, I studied a day before test and forget everything right after, so I didn't really learn much.

I hope you understand and are willing to help out.

Other urls found in this thread:

marxists.org/archive/marx/works/subject/economy/
preceden.com/timelines/67774-history-of-economics
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Piketty's Capital is pretty much unrefuted. Stiegler's work on modern capitalism as a pseudo-capitalism based on riskless "speculation" rather than capital accumulation comes close to saying the same thing. Most non-brainwashed students of economy (not "economists," which is a cult) agree that since about the 70s financiers have been falsifying national economies and then the global economy in order to continue generating money out of nothingness for themselves, which has utterly destroyed the tangibility of economic growth and essentially turned the entire planet into a pyramid scheme.

"Growth" continues, but only by fabricating magic mario coins out f thin air for the top 1% who are capable of pulling the strings. Cutting edge empirical research shows that these people are also systemically implicated among the political classes, in control of almost all media, have suborned all lobbies and more or less control politics.

Trading and markets and etc. is just a clubhouse. It isn't a real thing. A pyramid scheme isn't a real thing unless you are in the top tiers.

Start with "Confessions of an economic hitman". I think he exaggerates the importance of his role in it, but none the less it's not a bad entry level book.

marxists.org/archive/marx/works/subject/economy/

Also read Lenin's imperialism

It is hard to teach your self about advanced subjects if you do not have the discipline for it. If you want an actual ediucation it is going to be difficult.

If you want to get a critical perspective, first off you have actually know what it is critical of. i learned this the hard way, my critical thoughts about ecocnomics were inane before I actually learnt it. So start with a standard textbook or even better an online course in econ 101, there are dozens so just pick one. When you are doing that you can follow up on the critiques mentioned there or do some own research on the topic you are studying atm. "Foundations of Economics: A beginner’s companion" is good start for that.

When you have finished that I suggest reading an overview of economic history and of the history of economic thought. I would suggest Power and Plenty at this stage. For history of economic thought you might use Galbraiths History of Economics. Here is a good timeline for an advanced course:
preceden.com/timelines/67774-history-of-economics

After that you will be equipped to understand more specific works and will hopefully know what interests you. Some recommended authors outside of the mainstream: Braudel, Arrighi, Polanyi, Stiglitz, Fisher, Schumpeter, Keynes, Sraffa, Kalecki, Varoufakis, Keen.

Authors to avoid: Marx (extremely important but can not write to save his life). Every austrian that is not Schumpeter (the school of Austrian economics does not even try to test their claims empirically). Gregory Clark (overrated).

Thank you fellow men for these responses, keep them coming, you can't imagine how much I appreciate this.

Here's some good books on International Relations:
The Twenty Years' Crisis - Edward Carr
Politics among Nations - Hans Morgenthau
The Man, The State, and War - Kenneth Waltz
The Tragedy of Great Power Politics - John Mearsheimer

Goddamn OP, you're pathetic. No one needs to be taught to 'be a man', there's only three steps to follow:

1. Develop a sound moral compass, then do what you feel is right
2. Take responsibility for every single one of your decisions
3. Be assertive only when needed.. Don’t be a fucking monkey, nor a clown.

Follow these three steps and even Freddy N. will be proud

Believe me, I was a lot more pathetic in past. That's why I'm asking these questions and for guidance, I'm trying to take matter into my own hands. I'm not feeling like a victim anymore and crying and thinking about it, that's why I'm doing what I'm doing. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm a pathetic little man feeling bad about this situation. That's not the case anymore, just trying to better myself and get a grip on the world.

I'm pretty poorly read on the subject, but I'd recommend The Road to Serfdom. If nothing else it will give you a good insight into the mindset of Hayek during that time period (40s) and his observations up until that point. Also has a few interesting predictions which now seem pretty spot on.

you act like you've read a lot of economics yet doesn't seem like you even understand the economic purpose of having well-functioning financial markets. it's all mario coins brah!

this guy gives good advice, and i can tell from which economics he recommends you read that his autodidact education has been worth it.

>Piketty's Capital is pretty much unrefuted.

OP this guy is memeing you. Piketty is a total joke who isn't taken seriously by rigorous economists. His work consists of slicing up data to support a poor but comfy hypothesis, and he is incapable of distinguishing between static qualities and dynamic ones.

If you start with Piketty, the chances that you ever achieve a robust understanding of the world are 0. Your best bet is learning more math

Well how do I just go on learning more math to understand the world better?

>le red pill
>need workaholic lifestyle to be happy
>I'm "wasting" my time on relationships and entertainment
>I don't know how to be the male sex, aka the alpha dog
>I guess reading about banks and economics will solve my retarded insecurities

fuck off PSEUD

I won't even try to explain myself to you, because your comment is wrong on so many levels that I really don't even want to get into.

I'm completely happy and have been for past couple of months, living how I want to live and trying to better myself. If it is bad to be a good working man, that follows his interests rather than scroll through countless of threads per day on this imageboard, simply to forget what he was even reading yesterday, then you are the one that needs to change and stop hating on people that are trying to improve.

Good post. You go, girl.

If I were a girl all I had to do was go to gym and not eat junk food to make it in life. So guess what.

>redpilled
>I want to learn how the world works by reading on ecoonomics
>raised by single mother, has mother issues
>Being obsessed with masculinity despite not being a teenager anymore
>went to a "hard highschool"

Just stick to /pol/. It's easier, it'll reinforce your pathological thinking and make you feel superior, and you don't have to leave your comfort zone.

I don't understand where this hate is coming from, but whatever. I'm just asking and looking for guidance, don't see how this is bad.

And if you are that much smarter than me, then I don't understand why you are not willing to help out and further shit on me. I used term redpilled, because this is what people use for ''good material''. Pretty stupid if you get offended by this I think.

I pointed out few things about me that might or might not help you decide what is the best for someone like me. I don't have mother issues, neither am I obssesed with masculinity. I'm enjoy sports and sweating off everyday for a hour or so to keep me in good health.

I'm finding it quite ridiclious and am sorry for you, if you actually interect like that with people in real life. Moreover, if anyone is going to point out some more shit they cherry picked out of my post, instead of understanding I'm seeking for help and guidance, I'm just going to ignore. There is no reason for me to defend myself anymore, even if I only wrote I want to better myself and my overall world view, you would jump to some conclusions just to have a reason to hate on me, which is pretty normal for Veeky Forums and I understand it, but I actually feel sorry for someone like you. I really hope you are a decent man in real life.

this might be one of the most pseud posts I've ever seen on Veeky Forums
holy fucking shit, user

The first reply is a bait, don't fall for it, OP.

Thanks, I have some list from Veeky Forums already. Probably similar. I think this is enough for now, I'm already working 6 days per week, 8 hours per day and also focus on my own field of study. I guess I have more than enough for next 3-4 years to go through. I have already gathered a lot of my own material, just thought it would be interesting to jump in here and ask for some more guidance.

Take care everybody.

You've got a lot of worthless get-rich-quickly self help bullshit. Just take 15 minutes to read up on the every book online before you start reading it and potentially waste time on nothing.

Yes I'm aware of that, just copied the list. I know some of these books are exactly what you are saying.

fpbp

Why is The Idiot in there?

inflation my man. youre forced to either consume or invest. this doesnt work without mario coins (ye olde currency reissuing is the same thing), and without them most of our supposed growth would level off, and everyone holding overvalued ‘investments’ would be SoL.

vive l’étalon d’or

>I used term redpilled, because this is what people use for ''good material''

knew this one is coming and is going to be picked out.

Das Kapital

remember to study some private, corporate and public law or whatever the fuck they're called in the USA