What does Veeky Forums think about my first reverse sear? I didn’t even have a cast iron pan

What does Veeky Forums think about my first reverse sear? I didn’t even have a cast iron pan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GZ4xl7XJM08
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the fat looks kinda undercooked but i'd eat it because i love steak

Not bad, from what I can tell. It's not a super flattering picture, but it looks evenly done.

You could go a bit harder. And don't be afraid to apply light pressure to the steak after setting it into the pan to get an even crust. Additionally, be sure to pat off any moisture before placing it in the pan and apply oil sparingly.

i second that, you should render the fat next time, buddy.

It looks like you got a crappy sear on that steak and would have achieved better results had you stopped trying to fix a method that is not broken.

Render it in the pan? Cause this was cooked in a 275 over, don't think rendering would happen in the oven without over cooking it.

What method did I try to fix?
I'd love to get my hands on some cast iron, it'd probably help a lot with getting a harder sear. Will put some pressure on it next time.

Honestly your seer is shit. Here's the beauty of 2 minutes per side in a cast iron pan. Your meme cookery is idiotic, go back to time honored traditions and stop being a faggot.

>No fun or experimenting allowed

>mentions I don't own a cast iron
>meme cookery
>doesn't post the inside of his steak

I was asking for advice not retards

Also
>uneven sear
>chips or something in the plate?
>bowl of orange milk with sprinkling of pepper on it
>mason jar glass

>he's never had pepto vinaigrette

god damn it

thank you user

No concern about the fat, but you need to do this:

youtube.com/watch?v=GZ4xl7XJM08

To 125F, rest, then hit it with pizza oven temperatures. 700F is you can do it.

That'll give you a final product that doesn't blend so much.

I'm liking the end to end done-ness. I really should invent in some cast iron, huh?

I only hope you are truly not this full of yourself

I used to finish on a gas grill heated to 700 with a pad of butter on top of each steak. Made for a crusty steak that wagged like a limp dick.

Nice! Do you think you could sear a steak on a charcoal grill?

For perfection, yes. charcoal is absolutely the best.

When summer comes along I'll do that. Cause the grills are cast iron and obviously heat won't be an issue.

Looks pretty good, OP. I'd eat it any day. I would invest in cast iron and alsostand the steak in it's sides in the pan for a bit to sear that fat and cook it a little more. Nice doneness but with cast iron you'll get a better sear and even less "gray ring"

Actually user, YOUR seer is shit. How did you get such an uneven seer?

Ty ty. I'll def render the fat in the pan more.

>I didn’t even have a cast iron pan
it shows
looks good though.

Thanks user.