I usually make a meal with these items, I feel like it has to be balanced for a layman but it's not very impressive...

I usually make a meal with these items, I feel like it has to be balanced for a layman but it's not very impressive, so what is a good meal I can make easily to begin to learn to cook better things?

>I usually make a meal with these items

PFFFFFFFFT YOU WHAT

....whats the v8 for?

vitamins

If you choose 4 random ingredients from the fresh food section of your supermarket you have a 50-50 shot at making something better than that.

Take that meal and break it down further. What I mean is make your own meatballs and sauce. Look around for a bunch of recipes to get a basic idea of what goes into those dishes and then pick one. Get your ingredients and get them prepped for your recipe then make that shit. If you have any questions on techniques or directions, YouTube that shit.

If you did everything mostly correct, you'll be amazed how much better your dishes become when you are using fresher ingredients. This will hopefully build up your confidence. If not, don't get discouraged, you're going to suck at first but like anything, you'll get better the more experience you get.

fair enough......
ehh, it depends on what you like to eat? Im assuming you like pasta dishes which are all pretty easy to make and can taste super different depending on what you cook.

Try spaghetti and meatballs, where you actually make the meatballs yourself. Side of salad, which you make yourself. And bread which you dont make yourself because only retards do that. Its simple enough meal and looks nice, and its good for you. It teaches you how to handle and cook meat, and the salad, depending on the kind, can help teach a balance of flavors and will help get you into different oils and dressings, which are great for a myriad of dishes (salad goes with every meal).

Barring pasta dishes meatloaf and mashes potatoes with a side of greens (your choice) also help teach handling meat, and knowing how to work with potatoes will expand your dish making by a large amount. The greens are easy but having a decent understanding of how to time and work around different cook times is important for any meal.

OR just take the sammich-pill and learn that everything you could ever want in food taste wise can be found in a good sammich.

Homemade Mac n cheese
>make a bechamel sauce
>add your favorite cheese
>boil desired pasta al dente
>mix sauce and noodles
>add anything you want such as sautéed peppers, hot peppers, onions, bacon, sausage, ground beef or pork, and your favorite seasonings
>dump in pan
>cover top in cheese
>add bread crumbs if you want (I don’t)
Bake on 400 for 20-30 minutes or until top is golden

Easy meatloaf
>ground beef
>ground pork (if desired)
>dump in bowl
>add one egg
>add half a package of stove top stuffing (crushed)
>add one envelope of instant gravy powder or powdered beef stock
>salt and pepper
>any other spices and seasonings
>mix well with hands
>line bread pan with tinfoil
>fill with meat
>put in oven 10 minutes before Mac & cheese
>they will finish at the same time

Garden salad
>spinach
>tomato
>diced apple
>cubed cheese
>cucumber
>any other raw veggies you like
>salad dressing if desired

Get a load of this OP, no bottle of vodka.

you get lost on your way to /alck/ friend? Its second door to the left.

V8 and vodka is terrible. Anyone who regularly drinks V8 knows that.

It's good for making bloody mary's.

Tomato juice is better, but the great Canadian Caesar is far superior.

A Canadian friend made one for me once, but it took him like an hour to make when it's really simple stuff. A V8, vodka, some cracked black pepper, and a celery stick. That takes like 3 minutes or less.

Oh yeah, a dash of Tabasco.

An hour? It’s fucking Clamato, vodka, hot sauce, and Worcestershire. You can rim the glass with seasoning salt, but I don’t. I also prefer to garnish with a spicy pickled green bean instead of celery.

Yeah a few drops of Worcestershire is nice in there.

Unfortunatly clamato's not always easy to find, but V8's everywhere.

The only difference between a Bloody Mary and a Caesar is tomato juice vs Clamato juice, and Clamato is just tomato juice and clam broth. The same can be said if using V8. It’s all the same drink, but with different tomato based beverages. Clamato just happens to be the most delicious one.

Bake chicken
Cook rice
steam vegetables

alternatively eat rice and beans

nobody can fuck that up

>nobody can fuck that up

on a tibetan hamster breeding forum? don’t be so certain

Well judging from OP's pic he at least knows how to boil water and cook pasta. If he can do that, he can bake some chicken thighs in a pan and steam some vegetables. I'm also going to give him the ability to cook rice, as a freebie.

If he is a complete moron he can still learn to make a baked potato in a microwave

I dunno, OP needs tendies in there too.

>baked potato
>microwave
The cooking technique is literally in the name.

If OP doesn't put holes or slices in the potatoes wont they explode?

Well yes you just poke holes in the potato first, then wrap it in several layers of wet paper towel. 8 or 9 minutes depends on the size of the potato. Not as good as baked but it works.

ok correction he can learn to microwave a potato that will simulate a baked potato closely enough for his standards

Seems like for all that work doing potatoes in a microwave it would be a lot easier to either bake them in an oven or boil them in a pot. It would likely take less time as well.

Microwave is faster, baked is better

microwaved potatoes are disgusting compared to a baked potato in an oven plus its not even hard, literally just poke a few holes in it and put it in the oven and wait an hour why cut corners on the easiest cooking method possible.

I'm operating under the assumption OP is a supreme lazyshit

Some of these twats are dumber than a box of rocks, it is what it is.