Is any user here the voice of our generation?

Is any user here the great writer of our generation?

Is any writer here a special and important writer?

One that should go down in history, and have their writing celebrated and cherished?

No
No
No
Next thread

Hell ya bitch it's me im just busy working hard af in order to fulfill you are prophecy!!!!!!

speaking for yourself, 1 down, how many to go?

how so?

Great writers of Veeky Forums, where are you? Come out come out wherever you are

Too busy writing.

t. jaded user coming to terms with his mediocrity

probably not, but maybe

probably, depends what you mean exactly

no way to tell (the 8 ball says)—cult classics come quietly

Sorry, OP, there are only mad fools here. Enjoy our presence ... or don't.

He's too busy writing his memoir

>Sorry, OP, there are only mad fools here. Enjoy our presence
Why do you think you speak for everyone, or know the spirits and talents of even a fraction of people who visit here? You don't really think that do you, think (of that) you dont, do you?

taking my time here

I am looking for help from a good creative writer. Mad fools that have talent and vision and something worthy to say, I am looking for

100% yes in all fields

is it you?

We should start a movement. Something that would respect the cannon

Yes we are ALL the next great writer...starting tomorrow.

I am trying to find a great creative writer to help collaborate on my novel. A special writer, if Veeky Forums is a haystack, a needle, or thee

I asked here if there's people that are so creatively gifted the sheer size of it becomes incoherent and incomprehensible to your typical person. I explained that my mind has this immense power and I’m constantly improving it to induce neurogenesis – in other words but it’s the same stuff. You see the response I got – besides some okay feedback - was that “I was too egoistic”. Like what? Do I need to make my thoughts, my visuals, the metaphors I’m building, the neologism I’m making, the new philosophies I’m creating, so simple and easy to digest that a walnut-sized brain with a human around it can understand it? Yeah I’m worried that the only ones who would appreciate all that I’m trying to create are creative geniuses too. It might take generations. Maybe no mortal alive in the years alive of it can fully appreciate and comprehend the uniqueness and humungous creativity that I’m trying to put into my work. And I already toned it down on my neologisms – which of course got the critique that I didn’t use any yet. And why on earth would I wanna show them already? People have to understand that the wholeness of my masterwork (Note: I’m working on it and it is nowhere near finished, but I’m struggling a bit to make these complex thoughts into physical matter) cannot be reduced to its parts.

Really the thing is, while it is not actual or conventional evolution, my brain sorta is evolved to a point that a regular, a normo or a pleb if you will, can never understand it because they are stuck being Ardipthecus kadabba while I’m Homo sapiens sapiens already. Let’s be real here, not all people are able to process the world equally, and not all people have the same imagination. People with autism can be smart as a fuck, but they seem to have defects in imagination. So that’s why I said you’ll have to be high-functioning schizotypy or – I didn’t say this back then in that post – extremely high in openness. Anyway to get to the point of this thread: I think I have all the adaptations, the build-in qualifications, to make a work so immense in creativity and of gigantic cultural significance – in potential. Whatever happens I don’t know. But I struggle with it that the common people, who got the basic cognitive package, just can’t handle all that power I’m putting into my writing: they can’t process it, they don’t have the knowledge that I took years to gain, which is necessary to understand all the metaphors and witty references. I got one critique of myself though, honestly I’m pretty humble: at times I think my mind goes faster as physical reality so when I write stuff down there’s a mismatch, a lag, between my mind and the physical matter that I put the words on. So I have to reread what I wrote and force my brain to slow down so I’m not having all that.

Though I don't think I'll be the voice of our generation, but of the future generations, because my mind is already up there so to say.

is this pasta? If you just wrote this, do you want to collaborate on a novel?

if there's a great creative writer to be found why would he (its a he; sorry ladies) want to collaborate

no comment

important thing to remember is there are many lurkers who dont say much, dont show up at all in the meme threads. the loudest and most prolific timewasting shitposters who set the tone are low on the totem pole.

>if there's a great creative writer to be found why would he want to collaborate
Just as easily it can be asked, why couldnt there be one?

Maybe someone has some writers block, maybe someone is looking for some fresh material and project. Maybe someone likes the challenge and mystery and opportunity to approach anothers clay and partial sculpture, to add their own clay and sculpting. Maybe this collaborative work, combining my abilities and what I have written, with their abilities and what they have written (what we are able to write, and how we push, motivate and inspire each other) has the potential to turn out better than the current work they are working on.

Yes, free will exists...
To the punk, it's about money & guns, riders or punks.
...whatchu gón du?

collaboration is shit, stop trying to ride my coattails
t. actual writer

It's not about collaboration or non. It's about the integrated idea.

>collaboration is shit, stop trying to ride my coattails t. actual writer
>speaks for all writers
>can only wonder how successful this t actual writer is, how strongly he will go down in history
>has never heard of writers rooms, or cowriters for screenplays
>if anything will chortlingly retort that 'yeah but those aren't novels' and may actually think that is 'a point' that 'matters at all'

I'm currently writing the next Infinite Jest and no we can collaborate.

I am the greatest living author. I am already a top tumblr star. Soon youtube. Soon the world. Suck on deez nuts.

The next step of collaboration is sharing, the next step of independence-egoism

?
I don't want some autist on the internet trying to piggyback off of my work while also fucking it up with his shitty autistic "ideas"
I don't want to try to cohere with a random stranger's writing style or workflow, which is probably shit and will leave most of the work on my plate regardless
I don't want to go through the extra effort of communicating and coordinating with another person when I could come up with a better result in less time on my own
>professional writers work together professionally #btfo
woah, made me think

Ok, then you are simply not the right one, nothing wrong with that, this message was not for you. May you wish me the best of luck in finding the appropriate person/s to write our masterpiece. May I wait in anticipation to someday see yours and for myself judge the validity of this post

I really think ive what it takes to write something decent. But knowing myself, and how lazy i am. Writing down my thoughts is hard, but i kind of "write" in my mind every single day when im going to work.

>If you just wrote this
Yeah I did. I made a thread a day or two ago and that's what I'm referring to. When I came here first on board my comments have usually been shorter. But I'm sitting on this timebomb; it is my brain and it is about to explode. That's what's happening. My brain has been in hibernation so long that I need to unload it all somewhere, and that’s what I do. It used to be all sponge; I sucked up all kinds of information and imagery, and the connections in my brain and the brain a-whole mix it up with my personality and you’ll get a wholenother umwelt i.e. a whole new way of seeing and experiencing the world. And that’s what I wanna bring into my writing and eventually a book; it might fail a-big, but I'll try - and - maybe I’m just in this musth; the hormone fluctuation getting my brain into a word and sentence rampage, and soon I’ll crash and the words won’t come out. It is no pasta, this is raw and uncut; straight from the thoughts out there in my brain.
>do you want to collaborate on a novel?
Right now I’m trying to survive college and I got to figure out how to survive past that too. I'm looking for something stable and go risky beyond that. At the moment I don’t think it is a good idea to get into this sort of thing. And like I said, the beast is unleashed and I’m not sure how long this one is gonna last. I’ve experienced these rushes before, and it goes like the economy; it peaks, it booms, it goes bust and drops like BAM. I know that I got all this potential, but like I confessed now – and didn’t really put in my earlier post about the struggle I’m having – is that more often I make little progress and I stagnate. In my brain I can visualize how the world I want to create looks like, what the philosophy underlying my story is supposed to be, what style my metaphors gonna be and how I am going to use neologism effectively (I’ll share this, most neologisms don’t work out, so you gotta make a load of ‘em and the ones that usually do well are not wacky but so ordinary looking that people don’t notice that they are using them until it gets so normal your local grandma uses it) and so on and so on.
I use these outbursts a bit too to experiment a bit with writing itself, it is meta but honest too. Perhaps I should’ve unload all of this in the “write what you feel” thread instead. For today I feel like I wrote enough and need to get back from outer-space towards earth and cool down. So I’m going to check this the next day and relax for now. But I’m curious how you would imagine a collaboration. What is it in me that you think would be useful to you? We can collaborate in different ways too. I’m willing to share some ideas and the like – within limits.

Fuck off hab67 faggot

what are you studying in college?

>But I’m curious how you would imagine a collaboration. What is it in me that you think would be useful to you?

I am completely blind (metaphorically) calling out into the dark hoping to hear a similar voice call back, so that we may sing in harmony and create a great song

you're focusing too much on others, young pattywand

Whoa, watch out guys. This guy's brain soaks up information and imagery. Crazy!

My dream is to be a great writer, but I'm not so sure about the "voice of a generation" shit. Fitzgerald was the voice of his generation, but he wasn't the greatest writer in it. I think that's the mantle I'd prefer. My dream is to wind up in the canon. I want to be read a thousand years from now.

how often do you write, how much have you written, are you working on any particular piece of writing now?

I don't always write every day, but that's my goal. I just don't achieve it as often. At the moment, I've written two novels, some poetry, and more than a dozen short stories I think are worthwhile. I've also written a bunch of fanfiction, but I don't count that.

At the moment I'm working on an epyllion--a short epic poem. It's my first time writing narrative poetry, and I'm really enjoying it thus far.

Can I ask what the point of writing is if you're contemptuous of every consciousness that isn't your own?

You realize the whole fucking point of writing is to communicate ideas, right?

And if you fail to communicate, fail to make yourself understood, fail to get readers to empathize with/care about what you're saying --- you are, by definition, simply not a good writer?

You can be an elitist masturbatory douche who insists that it's everyone ELSE'S fault that you aren't famous...

Or you can give the eight billion current humans --- the product of millennia of modern history --- the benefit of the doubt, and develop the self-discipline to sculpt your ideas into something comprehensible.

muh moshe safdie boxes

seriously hope you're no older than 20

Just came in here to tell you I live pretty near this piece of shit building.

hypothetically if I decided to be the one to rise up to your expectations of the voice of our generation, how would I have to prove so? I'm writing a satire book regarding our generation if thats a start
I just really need an editor when this is finished..

Well mainly I was looking for a great creative writer to collaborate with.

How much have you written so far?

69,001 words. I know, a laugh riot. I pretty much plan on finishing my book on my own, the issue is finding an editor since I have the knowledge of a college dropout eventually a publisher.

I think the problem with today's young people is that we are overwhelmed with the weight of the world, and the pressure to get out and do "something" by our seniors, when there is very little left for us to work with, and very little for the average person to do that has not yet been done. I think deep down that young people today know this, and in sadness we pretend that's not the case and choose to distract ourselves with meaningless things instead. It's why we go out and get drunk, why we sit home and browse this website, why we tolerate 9-5 jobs. The spirit of our generation is that deep down, we have a buried cynicism about the nature of romantic things.

well I think you are speaking of and for the working class and losers, everyone else is having the time of their lives and taking part in the great progression and celebration of the history of the human world

I think there's a good chance I'll develop a small cult following.

me and i could tell you why..

but im not telling

Right, so the majority then. That's a very small everyone else you're taking about.

a-at least Veeky Forums likes my writing...

Not me, I'm not even my own voice

You have no understanding of the modern paradigm if you believe that any singular person can now "go down in history" as anything.

>See this thread
>Legitimately have good reason to believe that I have achieved one of the most spectacular results in all philosophy and intend to publish my work
>There no way I'm posting what I'm actually writing because that would mean associating myself with this site and all the arrogance responding to this thread would imply

Oxfordanon is that you? Your descriptions of such prestigious and sumptuous lifestyle give me a boner, please continue.

At this point you're an anonymous roleplayer who decided to humblebrag on Veeky Forums, i.e. a literal nobody.

Actually has some interesting things to say, the talent to create characters, to write scenes with meaningful dramatic action, and to tell stories that snap, crackle and pop.

A song and dance man who can't dance or sing but has some pretty good jokes. Despite everything, he can't help being a mensch, and for that I love him.

And he's /ourguy/ (until he sells out for a staff writing gig on mlp).

>Oxfordanon is that you?

No, that guy's clearly a troll, nobody actually was capable of such a level of thought would write in such a petty way. I may have a high opinion of my work at this point, but I'm open to criticism and have little ego invested, if I'm shit and someone is able to call out serious problems in my work I'll willingly concede. Like I said, I'm not here to brag and act all high and mighty, but I do honestly believe that I've achieved a result that will shake a lot of things up and I'm simply being honest about this rather than feign humility, which wouldn't be fun in thread like this.

reeeeeeeee

So what is it? Speculative realism is all the rage now in academia, you have something better to peddle?

>t. actual writer
kek. slit your wrists

ok i can see that thread quickly become overrun with egotistical "writers" that claim to be working on a best-seller. and for that reason, I'm out

>Right, so the majority then.
right, and why should they be happy and satisfied, and how could they be? Everyone must be a slave to everyone else, a slave to the system, a slave to their need to compete

>thus far
so much for your hope

what were the styles, or genres of the novels?