What are some books where every character talks like a philosopher, themes of grief...

What are some books where every character talks like a philosopher, themes of grief, desires and faith are explored through metaphysical lense, has great atmosphere and metaphorical prose?

not every character but the monologues of the Judge in blood meridian touch on those themes.

I don't really mean every character literally but in his work more than the average number of character do talk like philosophers.
Also thank you.

Read Plato you nigger

The man without properties by musil... literally every fucking character is some 2deep5u philosopher.

>What are some books where every character talks like a philosopher
DeLillo, often to a point of absurdity. That's not to discount his talent though. White Noise is closer to what you're after, but Libra also has some really though-provoking dialogue and sentences overall.

just read philosophy

Shakespeare's King Lear and some of his better tragedies/problem plays in general. Hamlet too maybe? idk

Paradiso by Lezama Lima

You are describing Magic Mountain to a T

Get the new Woods translation

Quality recommendation here.

Dialogues with Leucò

Was thinking exactly the same.

This.

also:

>Brothers Karamazov
>About Heroes and Tombs (exactly what you are describing)
>The Man Without Qualities ( I didnt finish it so I dont know how closely it stays like that)
>Nausea
>Some of Borges' stories

Thanks ma doods.

Try Faulkner

Also look into The Man Who Loved Dogs. It' fucking great.

greeks

Moby-Dick

Woah... He's pointing at us

This is Atlas Shrugged to a T.

This. It features an awful lot of profound rumination and philosophical discussion for a book about planning a party

You just described every work attributed to Shakespeare.

Wikipedia says it's incomplete. While I'm reading it more for themes and atmosphere, I think it would be easier for me to read a complete work.
Yeah I'm realizing that now. Should I pick up Shakespeare in modern English? That's the one available at my local library and I'm not very fluent with that older English.

adventures of augie march

First of all the last thing you should be reading El Hombre sin Calidades is for the plot, and with that mindset you probably won't be able to make it past all that much. Read Thomas Mann's The Magic Mountain first. Also just get on with Shakespeare and start with his easiest Romeo and Juliet nigger

Blood Meridian is a great recommendation.

Shakespeare isn't very hard. Plus, the modern versions butcher the poetry. Get an annotated version. Like Oxford or norton