Made ramen for the first time ever. No idea what I'm doing

Made ramen for the first time ever. No idea what I'm doing.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Curry-Powder-Oriental-85/dp/B0002D8MBO/
amazon.com/Golden-Curry-Sauce-Mild-8-4-Ounce/dp/B007FMLMFS/
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's more going into the broth than that, right?

Ginger, garlic, spring onion, store bought bullshit sauce. In the oven for 1 hour at 400 (no idea if that's a good cooking time or not)

You just open the Maruchuan package and put it in a microwavable container with some water and then microwave it for a few minutes.
What are you doing with those random pieces of compost and Subway meat? That's not noodles.

No one cares about your blog, soyim.

Using store bought broth since I'm too scared to go to the Asian market.

Spring onions, dried seaweed, boiled egg, instant ramen. Overcooked the egg cause I can't stay put for 6 minutes apparently.

Pork belly done. Fat/skin is nice but the meat is tough. Guess too high heat/not long enough.

Finished. Broth is bland, meat is tough, egg is overcooked.

Oh well, I'll do better next time.

>using store bought ingredient because i'm scared of going to the store

Wut?

Why are you scared of the Asian market? Are you frightened by disorganization or impersonal staff? Because those are the only things that set an Asian market apart from a regular one.

Just not knowing where to find anything and being overwhelmed with all the random stuff/foreign environment.

I'll probably go next time.

Control your autism, my man.

well you tried user, and now you know what you have to improve next time

and thanks for not making a fast food thread

>Using store bought broth since I'm too scared to go to the Asian market
so many things wrong with that statement

first off you have the pork belly and some sauce already, after marinating the pork belly in the sauce (soy sauce right? even if you don't have mirin) when you cook the pork belly just use the juices from that to form the base of the broth

also don't be scared of the asian store. Go in some times, look around, you don't have to buy anything but once you go in and look you'll know they have a bunch of good shit that you can't get at walmart

not long enough. also what temp did you have it at? it's fine to cook in a slow cooker for 8hrs. Real ramen takes like a day to make

Exactly what I'm gonna do next time. Gonna marinate the eggs overnight next time too.

Pork was 1 hour at 400F. Every recipe I saw said like 3-4 hours at low temp but I was hungry.

Anyone know how to make curry ramen?
I tried awhile ago and fucked it up

Can't find any proper guides on what kind of curry to use and what kind of stock.

Good combos OP, but try these next time:

>make your own broth
>make your own tare
>make your own flavored oil
>turn that pork belly into rolled chashu instead of braising and baking
>marinate those eggs

The tare and oil are way easier than they sound. Most of it comes down to shallots and salt. Ramen is mostly water so you gotta use lots and lots of salt.

Literally any curry recipe but thin it out so it's more soup than stew.

No water right? I was retarded and tried using water

I'd actually recommend water over something like coconut milk. For ramen, at least. Just salt it back up to taste after you thin it.

>thin it out
>Just salt it back up to taste after you thin it
Sorry.. I'm retarded and new to cooking. What do you mean thin it?

I mean just use any regular curry sauce recipe as long as you make it closer to soup broth than thick stew. Lots of curry sauces get cooked thick which won't work well with ramen noodles. Because I'm recommending you make the curry thinner than what might be typical, you'll need to add more salt than usual so it tastes the same and not just watered down.

No shit your meat was tough when you cooked it for 1/4 of the time it should. It isn't a piece of tenderloin that's already soft, it's a piece of fat that needs to be rendered.

If you use water, broth, or stock to curry it will become thin curry sauce that's soupy for noodles. As long as you stir and mix them properly, along with not adding too much liquid, it will just be curry flavored rich heavy broth.

Did I fuck up by trying to use this
amazon.com/Curry-Powder-Oriental-85/dp/B0002D8MBO/
?

I should be using amazon.com/Golden-Curry-Sauce-Mild-8-4-Ounce/dp/B007FMLMFS/ right?

See

The one you bought works just fine but it's a tad plain. Spice it up with some ginger, peppers, leeks, whatever you like.

Try flavor oils such as sesame or make your own using a neutral oil such as canola you can confit garlic and chili flakes for some heat, it will coat the noodles when you pick them up also take advantage of fish sauce and tamari or soya sauce to add some umamai.

Did someone say fast food?!

If you find dried shiitake mushrooms, the reconstituted broth is a nice base for a light ramen.

>saute chopped ginger and garlic in a little bit of oil
>add shiitake broth, simmer for 10 minutes or so and strain out any bits of leftover ginger/garlic
>add mirin/sake/soy sauce

>amazon.com/Golden-Curry-Sauce-Mild-8-4-Ounce/dp/B007FMLMFS/
Golden curry is my absolute favorite. It has wonderful flavor and you can cut off a chunk and add it to other dishes to give them a curry kick. I would for sure recommend it over powder.

How can you be scared of the asian supermarket jesus christ

I literally go there and wander around for hours looking for cool shit. No one bothers me or cares.

kys faggot