Are there any decent arguments for the divinity of Christ...

Are there any decent arguments for the divinity of Christ? I have yet to hear one other than "jesus was a wise man therefore should be trusted".

And if there is no legitimate argument for the divinity of Christ what reason is there to follow the parts of Christian doctrine I disagree with?

Unironically, if the infinite multiverse is a thing (and even if it's not) then every possible version of Jesus existed on some "Earth" somewhere or sometime within the 3D universe. So, you could just "pray" to the version you like the best and shaboom, you're saved. The only real question is which Jesus lived on our Earth and in our history.

None of this has anything to do with Christs divinity though.

On the contrary, we are all divine and all literally have the abilities of Christ within us, some will awaken some of those abilities during their lifetimes, others won't. The Christ in question, Jesus, was but one man who unlocked ancient secrets to become "messianic". That's if you ignore what I said in the first post and there is your ideal Jesus somewhere out there in the multiverse.

If you want a more "normal" answer, idk what this Earth's Jesus was like, or if he was even more than an amalgamation of various people and tales concerning the Messiah from around 2000 years ago. "His" advice is good and true, for the most part, love your neighbor, have no enemies, etc, so it doesn't really matter to me if he was God's Only Son or not, the story of Jesus has left an unparalleled mark on the history of our world and will probably do so for a while longer.

kierkegaard.png

What about this is so hard to understand, my brethren?

The miracles and resurrection

have you ever seen two autists arguoing about which one is more powerful Goku or Superman?
This is exactly how you are sounding.

but anyways let me take a crack at the divinity of the christ head

>In religion, divinity or godhead is the state of things that are believed to come from a supernatural power or deity, such as a god, supreme being, creator deity, or spirits, and are therefore regarded as sacred and holy.[1][2][3] Such things are regarded as divine due to their transcendental origins or because their attributes or qualities are superior or supreme relative to things of the Earth.[1] Divine things are regarded as eternal and based in truth,[1] while material things are regarded as ephemeral and based in illusion. Such things that may qualify as divine are apparitions, visions, prophecies, miracles, and in some views also the soul, or more general things like resurrection, immortality, grace, and salvation. Otherwise what is or is not divine may be loosely defined, as it is used by different belief systems.

The root of the word "divine" is literally "godly" (from the Latin deus, cf. Dyaus, closely related to Greek zeus, div in Persian and deva in Sanskrit), but the use varies significantly depending on which deity is being discussed. This article outlines the major distinctions in the conventional use of the terms.
--wikipedia

1 religion
a :of, relating to, or proceeding directly from God (see 1god 1) or a god (see 1god 2)

divine inspiration

divine love

praying for divine intervention

b :being a deity

the divine Savior

a divine ruler

c :directed to a deity

divine worship

2 a :supremely good :superb

The meal was just divine.

b :heavenly, godlike

--merriam-webster

It's not hard to understand, it's just ridiculous.

so based off of the criteria for being divine based off of wikipedia, and based off of merriam webster, christs divninty is established by

:him being the son of god (--proceeding directly from god)
:him not taking his cues from the pharasees or the jews rabbis, but directly from god himself(--proceeding directly from god)
:him being the origin and inspiration of christianity, a religion that encourages people to live like the christ head (--divine inspiration)
:jesus being portrayed as an "all loving" person who would show compassion to others that no one else would. (--divine love)
:"father why hast thou forsaken me?"(--praying for divine intervention)
:apart from being "wise" and "trusted" he was also a good boy. (--supremely good)
:Jesus was regarded as sacred and holy by his disciples, as well as anyone he performed mircles on. (--regarded as sacred and holy)

:Jesus prophesizing his crusifixion, and the betrayal of one of his disciples, and Peters denial.
:Jesus Performed several miracles

Not if God is real. All of Creation would just be God exploring infinite infinities, playing as us, the subroutines. And if God makes all things real, and the impossible possible, then yes, then there are infinite Jesus' and you can just pray to your idealized version of him. It's not ridiculous it's perfectly logical, if you can follow.

>have you ever seen two autists arguoing about which one is more powerful Goku or Superman?

The answer is Superman user, he's lifted infinity and other Supermen of the Multiverse are his bros (barring Earth 3 Superman).

Goku gets in fights with other "champions" from their respective multiverses. Therefore when "Superman" fights "Goku" "Goku" spends all his time fighting himself, while Superman just watches Goku be dumb. Also, as Goku is representative of Monkey Superman will act as a guide on Goku's path to wisdom and selflessness.

Nonetheless, both Goku and Superman are more believable divinities that Jesus in their texts, and they're acknowledged as fictional characters unlike Christ.

What about Super Saiyan 4 Goku?

Superman One Million answers that. As does the Superman thought Robot, and just plan old Superman at the end of Final Crisis.

That's a strangely Neo-Platonic view of Jesus, but it isn't wrong...

Your version of God is nothing like the Abrahamic version though.

And we're probably both wrong. Fact of the matter is if God exists than He is truly incomprehensible to us, as well as His works. Not to say we shouldn't try and learn about the world, but some things may be forever out of our grasp (such as what a 4D object looks like, as much of a baby step "up" that is, our 3D brain's cannot imagine it).

This has nothing to do with my question though. you're just spouting nonsense because you have a vaguely related platform

It's really not nonsense, and I already answered your question in Or are you looking for a certain answer?

Depends what you mean as a decent argument.
The main argument the apostles used was the ressurection.
Then theres the fulfilling of prophecies by him.
Theres also him being the lamb of God, the one Person that should never have known death willingly accepting it to become more like us and take on our sins. But granted, you have to accept certain axioms for that.
As for your follow up question, many have said that there would be no christianity without His literal ressurection, since it only all makes sense in light of it.

>I have yet to hear one other than "jesus was a wise man therefore should be trusted".
Fucking look it up yourself. The fact that you've never seen a real argument for it means you haven't even attempted to look at any actual theological or apologetic sources.

He has a divine character.

He is the ideal, the rule, of peace and righteousness. Not trusting this man when it comes to his miracles is because you don't understand his character.

There was that time he rose from the dead. Or all those miracles he performed, I guess.

>decent arguments

what did he mean by this?
scientific evidence?
scholastic rationalization?
dogmatical metaphysics?
jungian-darwinian psychoanalysis?
speculative narrativization?

I'm not even sure what you mean by "argument"
If you want to be convinced of the divinity of Christ you would first need to have any idea of what you would find AS ACCEPTABLE PROOF.
My guess is that you don't even know that much. You're a lazy baby. God helps those who helps themselves. When you legitimately want to see and you give up your shitposting ways then the truth will be revealed to you. Right now you're just a pig rolling around in his own filth.