State of the publishing industry general thread. What are your thoughts?

State of the publishing industry general thread. What are your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

forward.com/news/359889/the-alt-right-hates-the-jews-but-it-also-loves-them-and-israel/
jcpa.org/jl/vp509.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the publishing industry is trying to breed out us as white men

Thanks to leftists I'm suspicious any time somebody recommends something written by a women or black.

try reading culture of critique series, and you'll know why they want you to read inferiors.

Subtlety, Hershal, subtlety.

Physically painful.

Why is this thread bumplocked???

Heh well ... never mind i guess....

You know as an Israeli I've started to gain an interest in this series, gonna read it.

The thing I'm most interested in is Jewish nepotism, in my view it probably shouldn't exist, as in, I don't believe in it existing.
Is it a subconcious thing? Is McDonald just inflating some stats? I've read some of his articles and it just seems bizzare, like how he argues for Jewish nepotism in university admission which to my mind in America is more influenced by the wealth of your parents and your high grades.

I think people are very angry and honestly the responses I found from intellectuals opposing it are a bit autistic, gotta find some Jewish history prof or something for an opinion, I know some that wouldn't mind being a bit against the curve.

kys, zionist mongrel.

Zionism is good

Fag

>Jews are 2% of population but are represented way too high at high levels

Okay you fucking social Marxist.

Jews engage in tribal behavior on a scale that is culturally disapproved of generally among whites, who are not naturally very tribal and more meritocratic. This is how institutions that have been built by whites -- notably media companies, Hollywood, universities, literary mags, etc. -- are essentially jewish-run ethnic cabals now.

The main problem whites in the west are dealing with now is how jewish nature, which is distinctly authoritarian, paranoid, and vengeful, is bunkering down and using their newfound power to promote diversity as a way to entrench themselves and exclude the whites who created these societies and institutions.

This is a big problem. But yes, it is somewhat subconscious since jews either don't see anything wrong with this behavior or have the chutzpah to spit in the faces of whites as they promote policies to exclude them. It is also the inability to recognize why this behavior, which is bordering on genocidal in parts of the west now, is unacceptable and to then try to change it that has led to jews being expelled so many times in the past. This is part of their nature -- a result of their cultural and religious indoctrination/upbringing over many centuries.

bump

>not posting the full image

What are you trying to hide OP?

Slit your wrists

Well done.

Why?

The current literary milieu (which I find LRB, NYRB, Paris Review, and the NYT Books (literary supplement) to be representative of, is OBSESSED with identity. As such, the midwestern anglo-german wasp, while valuable as a subject, is considered "covered" by works like Gilead or Eileen or Hillbilly Elegy, and so the search for new identity literature requires every sub-set demographically to be torn apart, and given some sort of conflict, which is inevitably based around oppression or immigration. As such, in the search for such varied stories, which are devoured by black and white middle class female readership, extends to every possible sub-set, as such "white" stories (excepting romance/sex novels which are exclusively white/black or interracial) are relegated to dad-core. I also subscribe to the New Criterion and keep an eye on the American Conservative, where actual works of literature sometimes come to the fore. And with the win of Saunders and the triumph of Laurus and Ishiguro in recent years, the awards circuit seems to be trending towards traditional literary fiction, which is nice. If you want to read outside the trash discussed here, use awards like the Cervantes and Premiya Bolshaya Kniga, or any of the eastern and southern european awards.

As far as the Jewish angle, which of course exists, this comes from New York Jews predilection towards nepotism, education, and unvarnished liberalism (read Ultras).

as far as actual composition, the publishing industry is made up of women. Or worse, sales-women. As someone in their 30s who lives in an affluent community, I am shocked by the fact that the old people I know who read are women who just want to "relax" and as such beach reading is shoveled out and best-sellers are trite, flouncy reads that evoke sentimentality in its most base form. In short, you have to dig for good contemporary literature.

So sickening how jews go crypto when they want to disparage something as being too white without pointing out their absurd over representation bordering on, if not entirely, ethnic mafia-like control.

it has nothing to do with "Jews". Even if you follow the party line, Jews want to make money. Unfortunately, men dont read. If men read we wouldnt see this grotesque disparity because there would be money in it.

If you want to blame a group (unnecessary but whatever) blame female reading tendencies, which are total trash in the macro-set

When did this board get so anti-semitic? I've been banned for the past two years.

>it has nothing to do with "Jews".

Fuck off, Jew.

>
>it has nothing to do with "Jews".
this is ingenuous. As a whole American Jews have very strong and consistent neocon/leftoid ideological commitments and political biases - e.g. their voting patterns are almost as monolithic Democratic Party as blacks. If you're the Israeli guy I'm gonna have to play the "things are different here you wouldn't understand" card.

Its only one guy, but the subject is a real one that bothers me. The publishing industry is trending the way that Hollywood went in that the 2000s

sorry, I agree that demographic propensities towards behavior exist (and in the Jewish population, which was insular and homogeneous for centuries especially), but conspiracy is bullshit, especially one that includes 1% of the population. Intentional shitposting is nonsensical, and if you believe it unironically you are fundamentally stupid. I will concede that shit like in the Sony emails goes down, but is intentionally ruining a conversation that effects every lover of literature.

Look at the god-damn infographic you sweaty, nasally heeb. Statistics speak for themselves. As you admit, they make up barely more than 2% of the population, yet the literary publications with a kike editor just *happen* to include 50% kikes in their "best of" publications, with only a handful of white males added presumably to stave off rogue accusations of in-group preference.

Look in the archives for the earliest mention of The Culture of Critique by MacDonald, we've had one or two really bored clowns who keep going on about it for the past two or three months. He/they have a really obvious posting style, you'll figure it out.

When /leftypol/ and Reddit became so obnoxious in their regular raiding of Veeky Forums the only sensible response was to embrace /pol/... or something I dunno what excuse we're going with today.

I'm looking at it. it's a bunch of white women. Your shitty infographic is only evidence of nepotism in literature review's editorial staff, not a cabal in the publishing industry proper.

>fucking Mark Twain of all people calling out the jewish bankers
that man is an American hero

>Hillbilly Elegy
That's not even midwestern, that's Appalachian. It's also embarrassingly inaccurate, speaking as someone who actually lived there. Vance got out of the shithole and then said "look, see? It's easy!" All while neglecting the fact that it's exceptional that he made it out at all.
Masturbatory, self-congratulating, urban hogwash. The man sold out his people to be the darling of L.A.

>I've read some of his articles and it just seems bizzare, like how he argues for Jewish nepotism in university admission which to my mind in America is more influenced by the wealth of your parents and your high grades.

Doesn't the same thing happen in Israeli politics? There's an Israeli poster on /int/ who used to post infographs every day about how Mizrahi rabbis are taking over the country.

>their voting patterns are almost as monolithic Democratic Party as blacks

We're talking about ethnicity here, not religion. What does that chart have to do with anything?

i agree with you, but its just a checkmark on the list of identities.

forward.com/news/359889/the-alt-right-hates-the-jews-but-it-also-loves-them-and-israel/

They love 'em.

As /pol/ insists over and over again, Jew is race and religion. Also goal posts, etc

jcpa.org/jl/vp509.htm

However this shows that the data on the federal and state levels is about the same with ethnic jews

And Trump has numerous Jewish family members, and Bannon is unapologetically pro Judeo-Christian in his worldview.

>goal posts
Religion was never the point of discussion, do not accuse me of moving goal posts when you failed to understand the original context. I'll read your link, but you need to watch your rhetoric if you want a continued assumption of good faith.

It's fake, Twain never said that. The others are real though.

Oh please, if someone identifies as a Jew to a poll taker at a voting station thats how they are recorded, as a religious denomination that also happens to be a nationality and ethnicity. Dont be obtuse, I'm embarrassed for your goalpost pushing and hurried damage control.

Twain had massive financial problems desu

>Communist had financial issues
Well I never.

I dunno about communist, but he did weird shit. Like he got annoyed at what his publishing house did to him with his early works, and then made his own and gave the author way more of a percentage. He then got rights to US Grant's memoirs, but due to their massive sales and Grant's % couldnt cover costs of production or servicing of the loan.

>a religious denomination that also happens to be a nationality and ethnicity
This is just blatantly false, and I'm not sure why you're so stuck on this point.
The link you posted uses the same data as the table you posted. Nobody cares about religion, this is about an ethnic group. This is your last (You), go bother someone else.

People who unironically endorse white nationalist talking points are the butt of a huge joke, OP

Veeky Forums: da joos but we pretend to read books

The real problem with the argument is that no one cares about books, they care about clickbait TV and cinema. And "the publishing industry" is producing the most base trash ever.

I wish /pol/ crossposters fucked off instead of pretending to read

>he thinks the audience I write for will care about my identity
Good laff

Been here for a pathetic amount of time and it has never ceased to amaze me how threads about women, blacks, and Jews always get 300 replies

You arent Zadie Smith or Malala or ta nehisi coates or Viet Thanh Nguyen or any of the celebrities are smashing down a book about sucking weinsteins cock.

okay i'll ask. what d'you do time for?

You're retarded. No one reads more than white men generally and that has always been the case. The issue is the jewish-run market only publishing trash they don't have any interest in, trying to cut them out, or shoehorning them into sci-fi shit, etc. And this is typical jewish implosion of a cultural institution historically belonging to white men. Jews don't care about such things and hate whites.

The nation you live in was constructed around white nationalist talking points and has only gotten away from such in the post 1965 era as jews have obtained power and brainwashed people like yourself into believing a self-hating backwards version of history.

My question is, is there something about you that either doesn't see or doesn't want to see the undercurrents that are leading to those things being central in the conflicts that appear just over the horizon, which leads to people talking about them a lot?

They're boomers, so to be expected.

>You're retarded. No one reads more than white men generally and that has always been the case
Here's one white man who doesn't read statistics.

White men probably do read more than white women generally if the internet counts.

I always knew that /pol/acks can't read more than a few tweets.

The most well-read group of non-boomers these days are likely right wing alt right types who were previously in the libertarian camp since it's all but required to understand these complex social/political/economic issues.