Wait... jesus had siblings?

wait... jesus had siblings?

Other urls found in this thread:

catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/jesus-had-brothers
catholic.com/tract/brethren-of-the-lord
aleteia.org/2013/10/10/a-protestant-defense-of-marys-perpetual-virginity/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

he had a japanese half-brother

the tradition is unclear, james the just, and a mention of his siblings standing next to mary on the road to calvary or while he's preaching. some take these to be non-biological brothers. thomas is also sometimes considered jesus' twin, but this generally has an esoteric spiritual meaning

desus

yes, God didn't permanently cuck Joseph, so of course he had some younger brothers and sisters

*sister
She became a vampire, I saw the lupin episode about it

no, they were brothas not brothers.

Someone start a meta thread please, we need to fix Veeky Forums.

Wait, are we on Veeky Forums or /theo/ ?

Either way, a guide for the perplexed:
>catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/jesus-had-brothers

>catholic.com/tract/brethren-of-the-lord

Mary had more children, if that's what you're wondering. Jesus wasn't an only child

Just like in my light novels!

Calvin, Luther, Zwingli and Wesley disagree with you and agree with the Catholic Church wrt the question of Mary's perpetual virginity:
>aleteia.org/2013/10/10/a-protestant-defense-of-marys-perpetual-virginity/

The two legitimate views are that

1) they were children of Joseph from a previous marriage and thus step-siblings of Jesus.

2) they were close relatives of Jesus (e.g. cousins)

The word translated as brother was commonly used in those situations. The Church has maintained the ever-virginity of Mary from the earliest days (literally found within some of the earliest writing). Add to that the fact that there was no particular reason to invent that at the time.

>t. CIDF

DUDE EPIC MEME IMAGE LMAO!

underrated

Back in ye old tyme brother could replace 'cousin'
So James brother of Jesus was Jesus' cousin
Mary is eternally virgin

underrated

Yeezus

>I just talked to jesus
>he's like what up yeezus
>I say shit I'm chillin'
>tryna stack these millions
>I know he's the most high
>but I am a close high
>mi casa su casa
>that's our cosa nostra

>the catholic meltdown itt
your fixation with Mary is hilarious

Yep. He did, he had plenty of half-siblings via Joseph and his mother Mary.

This is hogwash. They are his legitimate half-siblings through Mary. No amount of denial can alter Scripture, and no amount of fanfiction can alter the reality of first century Jewish civilization.

>maryfags literally can't accept that Mary had sex with her husband multiple times and probably enjoyed it
yeah, I'm sure your waifu wouldn't do that!

I'm an Orthodox Christian. Who are you? We probably agree on some of the things Roman Catholics have got wrong about Mary in the past.

>talking shit about the Blessed Virgin

>his views on sex are so fucked he thinks it's bad for a woman to enjoy having sex with her husband

>sometimes considered jesus' twin
I heard he knew nothing about sin

He also had a hot hooker wife

Dan Brown pls go.

Good post

Are you reading Matthew?

I've never read that shitty book, but I'm still a JesusxMary shipper. I just like the idea of Jesus having a girlfriend.

>Mary

Magdalene I mean, obviously.

Holy cannoli

duuude this would make a really good song.

saved

Include me in the screencap

Is this really by Kanye West? It's painfully bad.

He had a younger brother named Hong Xiuquan. Crack open a history book, jeez.

This but unironically. Hong did nothing wrong, faggots.

Yes, and a lot of cousins too

Was Mary's hymen that elastic to allow giving birth to a healthy baby boy?

Jesus clawed his way out. That, or Mary's donkeyback riding got rid of it.

duuuuuude

since this topic has been brought up, can anyone explain how this fucker had so many followers despite christians being a minority in the qing empire?

CARLOS

religious synthesis + economic and political stability can really fuck shit up.

he had a brotha from anotha motha

Loss of virginity is a metaphysical change, not a physical one.

Jesus was anti marriage

It was a whole new religion. Actual legit Christians were probably less likely to join, since it's pretty blasphemous to go calling yourself Jesus' brother.

I don't get it

No one said that, dumbass. Just that Mary was a virgin her entire life.

desu

please include me in the screencap

>over a hundred years after Jesus died it was decided that a married woman in the middle east remained a virgin her entire life

>hurr durr it was written down 100 years later so it makes it wrong
just kill yourself mang

Eyyyyy. Are japs aware how much of a meme their culture is?

>something doesn't really make any sense
>"hurr durr muh church authority said it was so, and they're infallible because they said so"
Why is anyone against Mary having sex anyways? She entered a God sanctioned covenant with Joseph to have kids, why wouldn't she have kids with him?

jesus christ even protestants aren't this stupid. they are this smug about being stupid though, so you're about half way there lad

i mean ok but why does Mary have to be a virgin forever?

>The Taiping Rebellion or the Taiping Civil War was a massive rebellion or civil war in China that lasted from 1850 to 1864 and was fought between the established Manchu-led Qing dynasty and the Christian millenarian movement of the Heavenly Kingdom of Peace.

>The Taiping Rebellion began in the southern province of Guangxi when local officials launched a campaign of religious persecution against a millenarian sect known as the God Worshipping Society led by Hong Xiuquan, who believed himself to be the younger brother of Jesus Christ.
>The war was the largest in China since the Qing conquest in 1644, and it also ranks as one of the bloodiest wars in human history, the bloodiest civil war and the largest conflict of the 19th century, with estimates of the war dead ranging from 20–70 million to as high as 100 million, with millions more displaced.[8]
wew...

I just now got that after a full night of sleep and I study Japanese, which made it even funnier. Good on you, user. Thanks for the kek.

because of an translation error and also sex is icky

to be pure 2d waifu to the monks dummy

maria devotion

I come on here once a month.
Is there really some guy avatarfagging as the jets pizza character?

Chinese history is littered with stuff like this. When they have a Happening the scale is unbelievable.

Indeed, even natural catastrophes seem to be off the scale when happening in China...

Mary had Christ as a virgin, but to believe that a married man and woman never got down- that's just plain gullibility!

you haven't met my ex-wife then

cap me