Are mothers actually skilled cooks or is the consumers just biased?

are mothers actually skilled cooks or is the consumers just biased?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8-rj3gVOAnM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not really. Everyone compliments my mother because she's a good cook whereas my grandma is fucking awful.

I can cook because my mother can't

Old School women yes modern women no

Obviously all moms aren't good cooks, but a woman who cooks for her family every day is a lot more likely to be adept at cooking than the average fuckhead. At least that's how it used to be, before the days of quick easy hamburger helper-esque meals. Also the fact that dads are taking a much more active role in the home these days probably makes a big difference.

No more or less than anyone else. But people are nostalgic for their mother's cooking, regardless of whether it was good.

Stay at home dads do housekeeping and cooking stuff better than housewives

my mother cooked most meals i think, but my father was the better cook by far. probably because he's very intelligent and my mother is a dumb dumb who believes in ghosts and friendly immigrants.

My mom's a modern woman and a great cook. The issue isn't her ability, the issue is that she chooses not to and ballooned out.

My friend's mother genuinely believes in ghosts.

They're about the same as anyone else. If they learned to cook they're good. If they didn't they suck.

its a common thing with mothers. i think it roots itself in women being stupid.

>tfw mom put fucking pumpkin in noodles once
I got up out of my gaming chair and bashed her skull in that day

What's wrong with that exactly?

Well, think of it this way; anyone dedicated enough to cook for you every single day of your life is going to get good at it, and that's even before considering how much they love you. Mothers are wonderful people.

t. soyboy

Stacy didn't want to go to the prom with you, huh?

Intelligence doesn't make you immune to superstition; my mother practically runs our family's company and she believes in luck and spirits.

Oddly enough, she's not afraid of the latter because she rationalises that if spirits exist, spirit authorities must logically exist as well who keep them in line. I'm not sure what to make of that.

This looks like a recipe for extreme paranoia
>anyone that disagrees with me in any conceivable way is part of a male shaming agenda
Also fuck off, this is a womens board

>anyone that disagrees with me in any conceivable way is part of a male shaming agenda

Strawman. It seems you're incapable of arguing with logic and reasoning.

I can't even begin to describe the pity I'm feeling towards you for saving that on your computer.

Women are people. People can be disappointing. Get over it.

>Strawman.
no, it's not a strawman. it wasn't even an argument in the first place. It was an observation, you brainlet

How can you begin to approach any issue with 'logic' and 'reasoning' when you assume anyone who disagrees is ignorant, shallow, or a liar? I agree that white knights can be insulting/irrational, but you're not willing to drop your prejudices either.

Not a strawman.

>an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
>"her familiar procedure of creating a straw man by exaggerating their approach"

its depends.

i have 2 grandmothers

one grandma anything she makes is divine

grandma 2 she burns the pan when she tries to make boiled egg

Why does everyone think this board is female?

cause everyone on it is female

Does that make my benis feminine?

I mean, likely you're just claiming you have penis for attention in the first place

There are like two girls here, and they're both trannies.

post it and we'll tell you

I guess it does kind of make sense. I mean, if living humans organize into governments, dead ones probably would as well.

this board is far too amusing to be mostly women

your post is far too obnoxious to be mostly neurotypical

My mom sucks ass at cooking. She can be good but she stopped trying years ago.
Now my grandmas are fucking godly.

Because as a whole the creative boards mean >50% female. Its thrown off by /cgl/ and Veeky Forumsthough, the median is more like 33-40%

My mother cooked a better wide range of meals but my dad cooked steaks/burgers/ribs etc much better than her

My mum tries, but she's bad. Not awful, just bad. Though I did recently convince her that there are better ways to cook vegetables than boiling them until they fall apart.

My parents are actually very solid cooks. Never had the dry chicken problem, which seems to be a constant. My moms mom, was only good at making homemade noodles and beef stew and my dads mom was good at nothing, except for a mean fried spam sandwich and the freezer was always overstocked with ice cream.

My only objection with my mothers cooking is she under salts everything and dad puts cumin in scrambled eggs (?).

My mother was, though she had a health-freak aversion to beef and pork (but not lamb, for some reason).

It freaks me out to think how many are coming up exclusively eating processed frozen meals or fast food.

Parents were fine, mom got adventurous sometimes and made some terrible shit (apricot and pork drippings gravy comes to mind) but 9/10 was the usual, sometimes the adventurous stuff turned out great (pesto stuffed meatloaf). Dad made exclusively wild game, fish and burgers, we did a ton of butchering in our kitchen on weekends

my grandmother's cooking is amazing
my own mother's is mediocre, because she had bulimia most of her life and refused to cook
my dad's an ok cook, but he overrates himself to much. I think it's because he's using bad ingredients most of the time.
But when you consider how many meals say a grandmother has cooked, that's far more than any professional cook

This

In a general sense, people used to eat at restaurants less. So you had to cook everyday. If you do something everyday you will probably get good at it. Of course exceptions exist.

It's also very wholesome when that loves you makes you food just because they want to make you happy. It is normal to crave that feeling.

>are mothers actually skilled cooks

Absolutely. But mostly minorities and in the flyover states. Spoiled rotten Liberal white women are guaranteed to be useless when it comes to cooking.

The only skilled & good mothers left are all minorities.

youtu.be/8-rj3gVOAnM

this should answer all your questions.

my mum just brought home take away

>Spoiled rotten Liberal white women are guaranteed to be useless when it comes to cooking.

YOU DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW!

Is that some twice cooked pork?

>heat up oil to smoking temperature
>spend 5 minutes awkwardly chopping garlic with a tiny knife

>rice is a bit crunchy

It's not that women aren't people it's thatvtgry more than not choose to he the worst kind of person. It doesn't upset you that half the population acts as horrible and selfish as they do and how that might have a negative effect on society? Also it isn't as if society sees men as people after all women aren't drafted into wars or jailed for not paying money to an ex they don't want anything more to do with.

my mom is actually a very good cook and has a food blog with 1.5 million subscribers or something, haven't checked in a while

Stop reading /r9k/ and start reading Evola.

:( Imagine who made this. What they look like, how they smell, their career, their relationships. Do you want to be like this person or better than them.

The problem here is paying even the remotest attention to what women say.

>burnt garlic
>uncooked rice
>sliced deli meat
>mushy peas

Holy fuck, I didn't even know it was possible to fuck up fried rice that badly.

I wouldn't be fat if my mom wasn't a good cook. I wouldn't still be fat if my wife wasn't a good cook.

Hit or miss I think. My sis is a mom and she purposefully fucks up all her recipes because of imaginary dietary restriction. My mom is a great cook and has been doing it for years. She got to where she hated it until I recently decided to learn cooking with her.

The first reply was, indeed, a strawman. The poster (who I assume was a woman) stated "disagreeing in any conceivable way" as the opinion of the user who posted the chart. This isn't true, because the vast majority of the examples listed in the picture are types of character attack. Other "disagreements" would be possible in the sense of saying that someone could be wrong based on their suggestions being anecdotal, or if other notable women in public had performed acts that go against a person's assertion that all women act in a given way etc.

Womens' board this may be, as is evident from the general cattiness and prevalence of mode-of-life based insults,but I really must inform you that exaggerating a person's stance in the way shown in this friend is a (somewhat casual) strawman.

no idea where friend came from i meant to type board

You'd think so, but most women are stupid and mothers are still just women. Improving with time and practice is beyond them.

>But when you consider how many meals say a grandmother has cooked, that's far more than any professional cook
I don't really think it is.

It's like I'm really on /r9k/, guys.

Isn't the /pol/ endemic enough for you?

>Absolutely. But mostly minorities and in the flyover states. Spoiled rotten Liberal white women are guaranteed to be useless when it comes to cooking.
>The only skilled & good mothers left are all minorities.

As Confucius says: White women only useful as cum dumpsters. Want happy life? Marry Asian woman.

My mother and her mother are terrible cooks; my grandmother on my father's side was a good cook because she worked in a diner. Most people who've had access to grocery stores for most of their lives are piss poor cooks though, regardless of gender. At this point it's a hobby.

It's time to go back.

Captive audience.

>t. spoiled millenial woman

No, but my grandmother could cook like no one else. She was blind, too. Her dumplings were perfect. Her pork roast was tender. Her holubky were spot-on. Her bread was phenomenal. Her soups were savory. I wish my mother had learned my grandmother's secrets.

It's 2018 now. Asian women are as bad as white women, or at least in the States they are.

My grandmother was a saint. She cooked like a pro, could feed ALL the grandkids, everything she made was delicious and even though I haven't spoken to her in ages she'll still struggle to text me occasionally with cute messages. She's honestly amazing.

Women just aren't like that anymore though, and its a shame. None of them cook, none of them can keep a home and none of them are going to experience the real joy of being a woman. All trying so hard to be men these days and not really succeeding.

My dad was the one who taught me how to cook rice, because my mother couldn't be trusted to do it. In a Hispanic household, not being able to cook rice is shameful.

Every since I got gud at cooking, I have been completely Gordon Ramsey'ing my mother constantly except for the three or four actual dishes she knows that she is good at (basically variations on each other).

Might have to go to family therapy. Not even joking.

This is neither here nor there, but my stepfather is also a huge asshole because he says dishes with onion and garlic upset his stomach, except for onion rings, they magically don't hurt him. So we can't cook with those.

American Asian women are ruthless evil monsters.

>but a woman who cooks for her family every day is a lot more likely to be adept at cooking than the average fuckhead.

That used to be true before feminism ruined the household. Now most women who cook every day could give a fuck what they sling out onto a plastic plate because they're so tired from work. Instead of improving quality, the goals for improvement are now increasing speed, ease of use, and using the lowest number of dishes possible while preventing food poisoning.

*ease of preparation

derp, need brain food

My mom was a fantastic cook growing up. She would always try new things and spend lots of money on the highest quality shit. She taught us to travel as far as you needed and spare no expense when it came to food.

Now she cooks nothing but shitty scrambled eggs and can't taste anything. She's getting old and dying. I know she doesn't have much longer because she doesn't even want to eat anymore, even if I take her out to nice restaurants. She's giving up.

nice reference there.

also italian moms cook the best.

tell your mother to ditch that fucking soyboy and never marry again

she clearly makes bad decisions

My mom sucked at cooking at first because her mom sucked at cooking (in fact apparently Dad was a better cook than Mom at first) because her mom grew up in the Great Depression (and from my experience was honestly a gigantic bitch). She learned to cook better over time and is the cooking-est person in the house by a long shot now, followed by me and my brother.

Then you must not have had many home-cooked meals, user.

no italian mothers take the cock the best

Can we just agree that women are less intelligent than men and thus can not cook better?

ok satan

>not enjoying pan-fried seasoned pumpkin filled ravioli, or squash gnocchi in summer squash vodka sauce
Pleb

In my experience, mothers are not good cooks. They might have stumbled upon some good recipes because they were obligated to cook more than anyone else in the house, but that doesn't mean they ever actually learned how to cook or that they had any cooking skills.

If anything, fathers who only cook once or twice a year are more enthusiastic about it and as such end up doing something better than the women.

No. GF raved that her mother was an amazing chef. Ate her cooking and it was mediocre at best.

I was disappointed.

my mom is a decent cook but she cant cook salmon for shit, and she made it a lot.

it wasn't until a few years ago i realized salmon can actually taste good

Old school women are garbage cooks in my experience. My grandma can only fry shit and isn’t willing to experiment. My mother meanwhile (a boomer) is an amazing cook who loves doing it, and that’s with her holding down a career and being a single mother.

The better question to ask is why old school women are so horrible at cooking. You’d think being stuck in the kitchen would make them good at it.

I'm from eastern europe and both my grandmother s and my mother have a set of 20-30 dishes they can make to perfection, but rarely step out of their are of expertise. For example, my mother can make AMAZING mielone kotlety, but rarely does anything else with ground meat.

I've learned quite a few things from my grandmothers, for example how to make pierogi, and I make decent ones, but nowhere near how great they can. It's dacedes of experience my dude.

It depends. Big household families tend to have sub par cooks because they can't afford to experiment or do dishes that require micromanagement.

Small households generally could afford a meal being fucked up so experiments were more common.

The age also helps.75s to 95s generation households seem to be more varied in cooking. I assume easier access to global ingredients played a factor

Women are terrible at everything

>implying women aren't great at emotional manipulation
Nigger please.

just cause you're such an easy cuck to target.

Oi we're gunna put you in ghost jail if you keep haunting people

and bitch about it less.

>how they smell
probably like cumin and onions.