Classic american literature

>classic american literature

Other urls found in this thread:

ruthieogrant.org/articles/Racial Stereotypes and Gender Bias in Hemingway .htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

olol it says nigger too ebin op

>photographing computer screens

>he reads on a computer

fuck you Hemingway is good. The top bants between him and Catherine were the best part of the book.

> classic american literature
> no mention of hamburgers, 4th of July, hunting, clapping, mobility scooters, muh 2nd amendment (wah don't take muh guns but stop muh school shootings), no Trump, no "he knew what he was signing up for"
> only sign of it being american is the use of the words "UR GUN GIT NIGGOURRED"

Not impressed, Clapistan.

Check out this essay I wrote on Hemingway. Here's a sample:
>Hemingway’s writing in later novels, such as For Whom The Bell Tolls, took on a sensitivity and philosophical insight missing in A Farewell to Arms, The Sun Also Rises, and In Our Time. The latter three not only reveal the writer’s personal bias against certain minorities, but also reflect the times in which Hemingway lived and wrote (i.e., World War 1). Ironically, the peripheral characters (most of whom are minorities, e.g., Cohn, Pilar, Brett, Katherine, Maria, and Anselmo) tend to be more complex, more engaging, and more absorbing than Hemingway’s heroes.
ruthieogrant.org/articles/Racial Stereotypes and Gender Bias in Hemingway .htm

>spanish people are a minority in spain
what did he mean by this

No one writes character driven drama like Carver

NO ONE

I don't think I've ever seen a more surface level analysis of Hemmmingway

theyre brown and all brown people are minorities

What a weird combination of SJW and new age cult scam. Interesting specimen nonetheless.

>It seems that no objective writer of this era would casually cast denigrating comments or descriptions of minorities through a third person narrator without a compelling reason to do so (e.g., to describe a particular character’s prejudices, personality, or to convey legitimate bias against something or someone that adversely affected that character). Not so with Hemingway. For instance, even though Faulkner uses the word “Nigger” freely in his writing, it is through the dialogue of the character, or interior monologue of the character, not through an objective, third person narrator.

> Clearly Hemingway felt comfortable mirroring the views of the status quo and was rewarded for doing so by receiving both a Pulitzer and the Nobel Prizes for writing that merely reported on what he observed and experienced during the war. His style of writing is simple, direct and without the brilliant innovations, originality, or psychological insights of Faulkner. The fact that the awards committees for the Pulitzer and the Nobel overlooked Hemingway’s personal voice intruding upon his narrator, appears to indicate that: (1) there were no blacks or Jews on the committee; (2) the committee shared Hemingway’s views; or (3) the committee felt that Hemingway accurately reflected the white male majority view, for whom the material was written.

>tfw no qt sjw /x/ milf gf

I'd let her balance my out of control masculine energy if you know what I mean

>ywn feel the ecstatic sensation of her purging your body from toxic masculinity

My sweet little whorish Nora I did as you told me, you dirty little girl, and pulled myself off twice when I read your letter. I am delighted to see that you do like being fucked arseways. Yes, now I can remember that night when I fucked you for so long backwards. It was the dirtiest fucking I ever gave you, darling. My prick was stuck in you for hours, fucking inand out under your upturnedrump. I felt your fat sweaty buttocks under my belly and saw your flushed face and mad eyes. At every fuck I gave you your shameless tongue came bursting out through your lips and if I gave you a bigger stronger fuck than usual, fatdirty farts came spluttering out of your backside. You had an arse full of farts that night, darling, and I fucked them out of you, big fat fellows, long windy ones, quick littlemerry cracks and a lot of tiny little naughty farties ending in a long gush from your hole. It is wonderful to fuck a farting woman when every fuck drives one out of her. I think I would know Nora’s fart anywhere. I think I could pick hers out in a roomful of farting women. It is a rather girlish noise not like the wet windy fart which I imagine fatwives have. It is sudden and dry and dirty like what a boldgirl would let off in fun in a schooldormitory at night. I hope Nora will let off no end of her farts in my face so that I may know their smell also

Every fucking time

Test

> Favorite Books?
The Prophet by Gibran, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, The Da Vince Code, Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, Mastery of Love by Don Miguel Ruiz, and The Vampire Lestat by Anne Rice

> Favorite writer?
There are so many, but if I have to choose they would be Anne Rice, Kalhil Gibran, and George Orwell because they are all so brilliant their writing is anointed.

Yawn

Haha what the fuck
i wish this was real

>i wish this was real

it is

holy fuck

>fatdirty farts

>tfw Joyce's prose was top-tier even when he wrote privately about farting women
none of us are gonna make it, are we?

The only good American authors/poets are Virginia Woolf, Edgar Allen-Poe, and Lovecraft. The rest are hacks who have ruined fiction forever. Fuck America!

>what are you thinking about?
>whisky
>what about it?
>about how good it is

Hemmingway is surprisingly not racist for the time he lived in.

>Virginia Woolf,

She was British, man.

>he doesnt

What about Emerson, Thoreau, Dickinson, Whitman, Longfellow, and Steinbeck? I would also add in Hawthorne and Melville.
Woolf was British btw.

Test